Newport (H)

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
54 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

Could the Athleticos singing 'Barry Owen is a wanker' and there were a few banners. Apparently Barry was eager to get some fans kicked out but that was before I got there. 

My goodness that man is such a pompous twat!

1 hour ago, rudemedic said:

Could the Athleticos singing 'Barry Owen is a wanker' and there were a few banners. Apparently Barry was eager to get some fans kicked out but that was before I got there. 

He onviously can's stand the criticism. If we go into admin. he will be kicked out himself and about time.

Just thinking about yesterday it seems to me that it was probably our best performance of the season (having seen all our games I don’t think I’m stating the bleeding obvious)

Have to factor in though that Newport were dreadful especially going forward and Zeus thank god had almost nothing to do.

It was evident from the start that they’ve been working on the passing game (as Dino had commented).

Without Missilou to run into blind alleys and lose the ball, our midfield functioned almost perfectly; Sylla but especially Mc Cann were brilliant, and Rowe’s link up play when he dropped back was absolutely top class. Nepo too was bright and lively and as well seemed more open to passing the ball than he has been.

We were really solid at the back, Pidge outstanding in the air and Wheater covering the rest. Before the game I suggested resting Tom Hamer, but he was back to his best both defending and going forward, great game from him.

Seems to me from his interviews that CBJ isn’t really 100% keen on being a professional footballer, just a job, but what a talent if the manager can get the best out of him.

I’d sign him straight away.

Much as I like Smith especially for the tremendous hard work he put in and that magic right footed goal, I’m glad it was CBJ out there on the left for that crucial second goal, as I think Jonny would have tried to cut in and shoot, and probably have lost the opportunity. When he learns how and when to pass he’ll play in a higher league.

4 hours ago, Bobledgersheart said:

The one thing Sylla definitely does is get the crowd going.

Whether it's a tackle or embarking on one of those "headless chicken" runs that invariably lead to nothing he's good for morale, for team and supporters.  

5 hours ago, LightDN123 said:

He admittedly played well yesterday. However he still went on 4-5 runs that lead to nothing, fans still cheered when he ran down the right wing and it went out for a newport goal kick and I will never understand this. But he was also massively helped by McCann who was sensational and backs up my point that for me a holding mid shouldn’t have to run around and make recover tackles if he can pass and position themselves correctly. McCann was untouchable yesterday. 

I will add I think Sylla and McCann compliment each other and are the best CM partnership we have. 

At this level., we are not going to get too many McCanns……..Sylla is more than good enough for this division and with the right coach, will get better.

Fans like to see effort.....we've had plenty of lazy bastards with more potential/talent on loan who weren't prepared to put a shift on. 

3 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

'My owner'

Actually sees himself as part of the fabric of the club.

🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮

4 hours ago, rudemedic said:

FB_IMG_1583095115918.jpg

4 hours ago, Canada_latic said:

I hope if the outcome is change of ownership, that he would be barred from going anywhere near latics. 

I'd hope our next owners had enough class that they wouldn't stoop anywhere near the levels Barry, Abdallah, Mo et al do....

Let him pay his £20 like everyone else if he wants to (He won't want to) 

1 hour ago, HarryBosch said:

I'd hope our next owners had enough class that they wouldn't stoop anywhere near the levels Barry, Abdallah, Mo et al do....

Let him pay his £20 like everyone else if he wants to (He won't want to) 

Fuck that. Egg and flour the cunt in the centre circle at half time and send him on his way the parasite.

On 2/29/2020 at 7:35 PM, BP1960 said:

Any audio of the goals?

Sorry I don't bother recording the audio anymore as those with ifollow can watch the replay of the full game complete with Latics commentary on Sunday + I've lost  the immediacy of posting a recording straight after the game as I don't listen live now that I can watch as well as listen on Sunday (without knowing the score)

On Sat Ian Cheeseman did the commentary with Roy as his side kick.  Even if you were at the match I recommend putting 90mins or so aside to enjoy the football and banter - It's also easy to go straight to the goals if you want to.

https://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/matches/fixtures/first-team/201920/february/oldham-athletic-vs-newport-county-on-29-feb-20/?autoplayvideo=true

18 hours ago, 20JoeM07 said:

Fuck that. Egg and flour the cunt in the centre circle at half time and send him on his way the parasite.

It could be regular half time entertainment...….he could set off from the halfway line and the chasers from the penalty box with half a doz out of date eggs....bit like paintballing and you wouldn't need a prize as there would be hundreds of volunteers.

37 minutes ago, mikejh45 said:

It could be regular half time entertainment...….he could set off from the halfway line and the chasers from the penalty box with half a doz out of date eggs....bit like paintballing and you wouldn't need a prize as there would be hundreds of volunteers.

Or we could have him run up and down the JR stand. While those who lost their seats chuck rotten eggs at him.

2 hours ago, Canada_latic said:

Or we could have him run up and down the JR stand. While those who lost their seats chuck rotten eggs at him.

Only way you would get Barry running up any steps...................would be if there was a pie 🥧 at the top....

9 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Find all the references to a certain somebody’s weight a bit much tbh. Bit sad to get at somebody for their appearance. If it was a woman being called fat, there’d be uproar. Call him a cunt or whatever, just think it’s quite low tbf. 

He's a greedy cunt. 

Just now, simplythemostimportantkick said:

I’m far from a snowflake btw. Crack on everyone. Just think it’s bizarre in a way. If I was to comment on a females droopy tits (weird example I know) I’m pretty sure I’d be called out. 

Are you putting Barry's droopy tits out of bounds? 

15 minutes ago, Magic Mikey said:

He's a greedy cunt. 

7 minutes ago, Magic Mikey said:

Are you putting Barry's droopy tits out of bounds? 

😂😂😂😂😂😂🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣:laught16::laught30:

In all fairness I used to think people were harsh with Barry. But Ched Evans, the fans forum and the way he managed to weasel his way back to the board room. The final straw for me closing down the JR stand. 

Was the fans bar in the OEC open on Saturday?

It was reported in the Chronicle that bit would be.

It's understood the hospitality and fan bar facilities in the North Stand will be open at the Newport County game tommorrow (Saturday 29

Archived