Newport (H)

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, whittles left foot said:

GMR reporter said it could only open till 13:00hrs-from then it becomes AL's responsibility so it would close. I think he said 2hrs before and 2hrs after a game it is AL's to operate.

Thanks.

36 minutes ago, whittles left foot said:

GMR reporter said it could only open till 13:00hrs-from then it becomes AL's responsibility so it would close. I think he said 2hrs before and 2hrs after a game it is AL's to operate.

Just 1 hour after I think... 

It was open from 11.30 up to and around 1.00 pm for an all day Breakfast for £ 5.00 and by gum it was good food.

It shows when someone puts their mind to doing something well, it's worth supporting.  I think a pie in the ground is £ 3.00 so it's a no brainer to eat at the OEC.

I have no connection with the owners etc but must say all of their pre match food has been great and the staff are all a credit to the OEC. :sign0173:

1 hour ago, Millibob said:

It was open from 11.30 up to and around 1.00 pm for an all day Breakfast for £ 5.00 and by gum it was good food.

It shows when someone puts their mind to doing something well, it's worth supporting.  I think a pie in the ground is £ 3.00 so it's a no brainer to eat at the OEC.

I have no connection with the owners etc but must say all of their pre match food has been great and the staff are all a credit to the OEC. :sign0173:

They will put the prices up once they win.

4 hours ago, whittles left foot said:

If we do go into administration on Friday, wouldn't this be moot point? 

17 hours ago, jorvik_latic said:

Must be a hell of a cctv system to take this long to fix. 

Apparently the CCTV in the OEC has been fixed it is the connection with the club's security system that is outstanding.

Presumably the club need to see into the OEC on matchday to stop fans sneaking in.

1 hour ago, laticsmarra said:

Apparently the CCTV in the OEC has been fixed it is the connection with the club's security system that is outstanding.

Presumably the club need to see into the OEC on matchday to stop fans sneaking in.

The club need to be sure that only those who have entered through the official entrances are in the stand*. That's a fairly standard health and safety issue for all event hosts. An issue that has had a few high profile incidents associated with it. 

The fact that an extra fan or 10 or even nearly a thousand won't cause the North Stand to be over-capacity is moot. 

Presumably there is a way for a fan to go from the OEC to a seat in the stand without going through a turnstile?

• 11 months later...

So it's been a year since any of us were last allowed into Boundary Park to watch a competitive game. This is the longest stretch in my 31 years as a supporter (Ive just turned 38) that I've not set foot in Boundary Park.

Quite a stark reminder to us how much coronavirus has changed everyone's life.

Archived