Administration

3 minutes ago, underdog said:

There are models where Trust and clubs do work well. Grimbsy is an example where both owner and Trust rep where complimentary of each other.

Are there any examples of a Trust influencing anything worth influencing, preventing or changing bad practices where they've had a "bad" owner to deal with? 

• Replies 957
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, underdog said:

TBH, there has been on the Trust agenda for awhile the need to re-evaluate and we made a start at the Feb meeting. Andy and Darren have both been pushing for it

FSA are always telling the Trust to stay the course and hang in there, even when we contemplated withdrawing Darren as a Director as a form of protest with regards to how we felt the Trust was being disrespected.

We have something (well until Friday) not many clubs have with the shareholding. Charlton Athletic Trust director told me how envious he was not just of the shareholding but the right to appoint a director, equal parity voting and the right to vote if the the owner did decide to cease OAFC 2004. I told him what a double edge sword it has been though.

There are models where Trust and clubs do work well. Grimbsy is an example where both owner and Trust rep where complimentary of each other. We all thought when we had a new owner we had a new start. We heard all the right noises, wanting to work with the Trust, leave a legacy..blah, blah blah. I just don't understand why the Trust/club relationship is as strained now as it was under Corney.

I can't see the Trust directors  who are left, being precious over its existence. If it has to go, then so be it. 

I will presume the the Trust will now be liasing with the FSA. We are entitled to some legal advice as part of our membership. I am sure the PTB will be tapping into the FSA too as part of their membership.

Once we know what happens on Friday, maybe all three Trust, PTB and FLG might consider getting around a table and thrashing out what resources each has and what they all can tap into.

I am sure it will defo be on the Trust agenda of investigating how the hell we dropped the ball with regards to the HMRC and Darren will have to answer those tough questions. Especially, as it is logged I have been asking those specifics fro several months.

What a bloody mess..

It’s always been very simple Tracey. Men with big ego’s and a few quid, don’t like explaining themselves to people they see as beneath them. 

It really is that simple. 

26 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

If, as appears to be the case, ALMO/Shahed/Bazza/whoever, have withheld information from The Trust and maybe Richard Bowden too, what would people have done differently to ensure that didn't happen.

Or to ensure it doesn't happen again in the future?

I don't see how you can do anything about people like AL & MO hiding something from you if that's what they choose to do.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if Barry didn't know either.

Your right however. Each director should be able to ask for and access up to date financial stuff when asked

I suppose the question is...where any of them asking? Darren reported monthly of the financial "pulse" of the club to the Trust.

If he was being denied access then maybe "oppressed minority share holder" we could have looked at again. I know at the December EFL/FSA meeting with other supporters Trust, our chair raised our concerns over the accounts and struggle of getting our rights. So we were firmly on the Radar then.

9 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

Are there any examples of a Trust influencing anything worth influencing, preventing or changing bad practices where they've had a "bad" owner to deal with? 

A good question....off the top of my head I did find it very interesting that the Shareholder register at Companies house was updated with a 3rd shareholder, once the Trust asked to see the register and within 24hours of our request too...hmmmm

The Trust are still fighting to get the FULL accounts for 2017/18 and have already logged the request to see FULL accounts for 2018/19, due this month at CH.

EFL required fan meetings per season. Logged in May that they need to do them, Darren reminded them to get the first one done  which they did in October.

Simon Brooke in his time actually telling the current owner what he was truely buying...club in name only and he still bought it

16 minutes ago, League one forever said:

It’s always been very simple Tracey. Men with big ego’s and a few quid, don’t like explaining themselves to people they see as beneath them. 

wow....maybe that is how we should have explained it to the EFL in our one to one meeting..hahah

2 hours ago, wiseowl said:

In my opinion, it is futile having any sort of "fan for fan's sake" on the board.

At present we've got 2 on the board - one via the Trust and another non-exec from applications from fans earlier this year.

What on Earth has having 2 fans on the board achieved for us exactly?

For me, one powerful and united supporters' body - completely independent of the board - achieves far more. They can be a positive and supporting force in benign times with respectful owners, whilst also being able to be (properly) adversarial in bad times or with disrespectful owners.

TBH, I was disappointed with the new board make up when it was announced in May

You want to see business like minded people on the board that can bring something to the table to help our club. Adam from Brandsmiths, Darren from the Trust. Unsure what Richard Bowden brings as I do not know him.

29 minutes ago, League one forever said:

What's Shitpeas excuse then?

2 hours ago, tGWB said:

Swayed by your arguments 

A strong independent body with a voice on the board would be the better option 

More credible with fans if they pay to go in rather than sat in the directors box.

45 minutes ago, underdog said:

FSA are always telling the Trust to stay the course and hang in there, even when we contemplated withdrawing Darren as a Director as a form of protest with regards to how we felt the Trust was being disrespected.

We have something (well until Friday) not many clubs have with the shareholding. Charlton Athletic Trust director told me how envious he was not just of the shareholding but the right to appoint a director, equal parity voting and the right to vote if the the owner did decide to cease OAFC 2004. I told him what a double edge sword it has been though.

There are models where Trust and clubs do work well. Grimbsy is an example where both owner and Trust rep where complimentary of each other. We all thought when we had a new owner we had a new start. We heard all the right noises.

I can't see the Trust directors  who are left, being precious over its existence. If it has to go, then so be it. 

Hypothetical question:

Given your many years as both a supporter of the club and being one of the longest serving members of the Trust, if the new owner/s are receptive to improve fan engagement, what do you suggest would be the ideal setup 

1 minute ago, BP1960 said:

More credible with fans if they pay to go in rather than sat in the directors box.

On match days Trust reps represents both club and Trust and should be an embassador for both. Working for both on the day.

This season contact has been made with Grimbsy Trust and I believe contact made with Forest Green people too. For sharing of good practice. Trust has an invite to go and see Grimbsy people anytime. So it has not been a waste, dependant on Friday.

Trust has two tickets, the other one ideally was to "bed in" the Trust future replacement so it would not be so much of a shock meeting them the first time. 

3 minutes ago, tGWB said:

Hypothetical question:

Given your many years as both a supporter of the club and being one of the longest serving members of the Trust, if the new owner/s are receptive to improve fan engagement, what do you suggest would be the ideal setup 

TBH  am so out of the loop of what is happening at other EFL and other sporting professional clubs.

But I would look at the other models in place, good and not so good and seek advice from the FSA. Ashley Brown the current head of and is the Trust contact. He has unique knowledge as he was one of the leads of the supporters Trust when Portsmouth went through it all and when they came through it, he became a director of the club itself....he has seen both sides and survived..hahah.

I would defo look at what is going on with other clubs and adapt. 

FSA have produced a good article on fan engagement, Trusts, independent, fan forums, fan parliaments etc. I'd use that as a start, in fact I have drafted several pieces for the Trust based on good practice in there, Trust rep job description, code of conducts for Trust directors, Memorandum of understanding between Club and Trust (was to be approved with club anytime now).

Best we get through Friday and then see what the potential aftermath is....eek

6 minutes ago, underdog said:

TBH  am so out of the loop of what is happening at other EFL and other sporting professional clubs.

But I would look at the other models in place, good and not so good and seek advice from the FSA. Ashley Brown the current head of and is the Trust contact. He has unique knowledge as he was one of the leads of the supporters Trust when Portsmouth went through it all and when they came through it, he became a director of the club itself....he has seen both sides and survived..hahah.

I would defo look at what is going on with other clubs and adapt. 

FSA have produced a good article on fan engagement, Trusts, independent, fan forums, fan parliaments etc. I'd use that as a start, in fact I have drafted several pieces for the Trust based on good practice in there, Trust rep job description, code of conducts for Trust directors, Memorandum of understanding between Club and Trust (was to be approved with club anytime now).

Best we get through Friday and then see what the potential aftermath is....eek

What's the odds nothing will happen on Friday and it will be adjourned until some far off date leaving us all in limbo?

25 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

What's the odds nothing will happen on Friday and it will be adjourned until some far off date leaving us all in limbo?

I just cant see AL simply rolling over on friday after putting a few £m in already.

The madness will rumble on . . . 

1 minute ago, al_bro said:

AL's defence will be the dispute over ownership and the police investigation. Perhaps an adjournment will be made until this is resolved one way or the other by GMP.

Is there a police investigation?  There's been nothing to say they had any interest.

AL's defence will be the dispute over ownership and the police investigation. Perhaps an adjournment will be made until this is resolved one way or the other by GMP.

Surely there has to be a law against people making up bollocks to avoid paying money they owe?

1 minute ago, Dave_Og said:

Is there a police investigation?  There's been nothing to say they had any interest.

They have been asked to look into the ownership as we know, but what they are doing I don't know. I doubt it would be much of a priority for them.

They have been asked to look into the ownership as we know, but what they are doing I don't know. I doubt it would be much of a priority for them.

They won't look just because they were asked unless it looks like there's a case.  Unconvinced.

1 hour ago, League one forever said:

Well he’s got the big ego, and according to sources he paid the pie bill a few years back. So he’s definitely not skint. 

Or he might be after paying that bill 😁

27 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

They won't look just because they were asked unless it looks like there's a case.  Unconvinced.

How would the police know unless they look?

I can see Friday's proceedings being adjourned until they hear from the police.

Archived