Administration

• Replies 957
  • Created
  • Last Reply
59 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Think it is going to take more than a gentle coaxing.

You might be right, it's hard sometimes for people to accept and move on from an entrenched stand. After 5 minutes no one really cares though.

9 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

I’ve read somewhere that a club statement will be issued today.

I am looking forward to statements from all the players in the saga.

Time to bring the club and fans alike together.

Every good pantomime needs a good guy, a comedian, a villain and the odd Dame. I'll leave you lot to fill in the actors. One things for sure we ain't short of the odd Dame!

24 minutes ago, Lags said:

You might be right, it's hard sometimes for people to accept and move on from an entrenched stand. After 5 minutes no one really cares though.

I would have thought the onus should be on the club to rebuild the relationship their actions have damaged.  Rather than the fans just having to forgive and forget.

3 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

I would have thought the onus should be on the club to rebuild the relationship their actions have damaged.  Rather than the fans just having to forgive and forget.

Earlier post, said a 2 way street. Agreed

25 minutes ago, Lags said:

Every good pantomime needs a good guy, a comedian, a villain and the odd Dame. I'll leave you lot to fill in the actors. One things for sure we ain't short of the odd Dame!

🤔???

1 hour ago, Lags said:

Sandwiches for a picnic on the other hand..... 

2 hours ago, Magic Mikey said:

It needs them to fuck off. Gently or otherwise. 

I understand all this anger that is levied towards the Chairman but the club has been in decline under all its previous owners.  I genuinely believe they come with good intentions and invest their personal wealth into the club with little reward or appreciation.  Most have an agenda, they are business men who are not doing it for the love of the town; they want a return on their investment.  AL gets vilified on here but Corney, Blitz and previously Moore are all equally culpable in the saga that has unfolded since the fall from the Premier League. I think Blitz is the clever one here, more astute than the others clearly but no way blameless.     

lets be clear, Oldham is not unique; it is similar to many clubs in the lower reaches who are living beyond their means striving for success.  Every Chairman has promised promotion withing 2-3 seasons, none have managed it and their business plan does not extend beyond that target which is when the problems kick in.  We have to be realistic, the club, like many at this level, is struggling to survive and the only thing that remains constant is the supporters.  Once they go, there is no return.  Like him or not, AL has invested and it is looking like for the first time in many years we may have single ownership of the club and its infrastructure.  . 

Longer term, the game needs a shake up ; the top few clubs are destroying the game by sucking all the cash into their own pockets.  The likes of AL and others are only stop gaps for clubs like Oldham.  There has to be a fairer distribution of the wealth so that clubs are not going out of business for a top player's weekly salary.  Its criminal.

Hopefully, this is a new start and I for one am prepared to draw a line in the sand and renew for next year, once it is confirmed.  I believe / hope lessons have been learnt, and the club now has players who can push in the upper levels of this division if they can be persuaded to stay.

Archived