Administration

8 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Im feeling a strange sense of optimism right now its as if our problems are about to bottom out and things are about to get better. Something like this might also galvanise the fans as it becomes a straight forward fight to save a 125 years of professional football in the town and we can all pull together.

Or could be the end of the road

• Replies 957
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Theoutsider said:

On what basis is it worth a couple of million tops in your opinion? 

I guess the recent purchase of Swindon Town’s ground is a good guide. £2.2m for the lot. That one hasn’t been neglected by its owner and is therefore argely a shit hole either... 

Not as much land I grant you, but Blitz wants to keep that anyway. 

Just now, kowenicki said:

I guess the recent purchase of Swindon Town’s ground is a good guide. £2.2m for the lot. That one hasn’t been neglected by its owner and is therefore argely a shit hole either... 

Not as much land I grant you, but Blitz wants to keep that anyway. 

I don’t know anything about Swindon’s ground so this is in that context. 

But from an investors perspective, OEC, Shop, Gym, Football Club, Retail unit (if tenanted) and the second floor of the North Stand. 

Let’s say that lot generated rental income of £400Kpa  (should be significantly more) then applying a rental yield of 6.5% that puts a value of £2.6-million. Before any land or development potential. 

I’m not saying it’s worth £7-million, but equally it’s worth a lot more than Swindon’s ground. 

Just now, Theoutsider said:

But from an investors perspective, OEC, Shop, Gym, Football Club, Retail unit (if tenanted) and the second floor of the North Stand. 

Let’s say that lot generated rental income of £400Kpa  (should be significantly more) then applying a rental yield of 6.5% that puts a value of £2.6-million. Before any land or development potential. 

I’m not saying it’s worth £7-million, but equally it’s worth a lot more than Swindon’s ground. 

Doesn't the cost of the build come into it? About £6M?

4 minutes ago, Theoutsider said:

Possibly. But for any tenants to even consider going in there there is a load of work and cash required.  The approach, car park and surrounding land is a shit hole.  No self respecting business wants that as their home.

11 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

What if there is no club?

The point is that there's little value to Blitz in letting the club fold if he can't do anything with the land. May as well have someone there paying him rent (ahem).

11 minutes ago, latics22 said:

Al  was the only one who came in when the club prob cost a pound, why is there going to be a que of people wanting to take over a club with no assets?

Their were plenty of people looking at buying the club prior to the Lemsagams they were put off by the land debt and price issues this action by Blitz could change that.

13 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Possibly. But for any tenants to even consider going in there there is a load of work and cash required.  The approach, car park and surrounding land is a shit hole.  No self respecting business wants that as their home.

I agree with what you are saying regarding the surroundings. The ground floor retail was up for rent with Breakey Nuttall for something like £60K I think and not unsurprisingly had no takers. 

There are however already 4-tenants in place (OEC, Gym, Shop, Club) and whilst I don’t know anything, I’d wager the FLG deal is based on more incoming tenants, reading between the lines Simon Wood putting a restaurant on the top floor.

If done right, yes with investment, the site is worth a lot of money and already massively more than Swindon’s ground.  

I also happen to know for a fact the whole site was professionally valued around the time Abdallah took over. 

I do it find it strange that people think an individual who must be worth atleast 8 figures and spends his time in New York and London 2 of the most expensive places to live in the world, would be remotely interested in land in the one of the poorest parts of the country which has a football club in the middle of it.

Archived