Administration

1 minute ago, sjk2008 said:

There has to be an underlying reason why the FLG have been so quietly during all this...

True, not heard a peep from them...are they brokering a deal as soon as AL is out? Unless the full debt gets paid then Blitz can still put us into administration and take the club away from AL

• Replies 957
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, oafc1955 said:

How can a sale go through anyway, I’m under the impression the trust have first refusal and 6 months to come up with a bid ?

It can be sold as a going concern without triggering the moratorium periods. 

https://mycommunity.org.uk/help-centre/resources/land-and-building-assets/assets-community-value-acv/

There are two moratorium periods. Both start from the date the owner of the asset tells the local authority of their intention to sell. The first is the interim moratorium period, which is six weeks, during which time a community organisation can decide if they want to be considered as a potential bidder. The other is a full moratorium period, which is six months, during which a community organisation can develop a proposal and raise the money required to bid to buy the asset. The regulations list some situations where the Moratorium will not be applied, even when it is an Asset of Community Value on the list. These include:

• If the disposal is a gift
  • If the disposal is made between members of the same family
  • If the land or building being disposed of is part of a bigger estate
  • If the disposal is of a building or piece of land on which going-concern business is operating, provided that the sale is to a new owner to continue the same business (for example if an owner of a pub wants to sell the pub to a new owner, to continue running it as a pub).

9 minutes ago, jorvik_latic said:

It can be sold as a going concern without triggering the moratorium periods. 

https://mycommunity.org.uk/help-centre/resources/land-and-building-assets/assets-community-value-acv/

There are two moratorium periods. Both start from the date the owner of the asset tells the local authority of their intention to sell. The first is the interim moratorium period, which is six weeks, during which time a community organisation can decide if they want to be considered as a potential bidder. The other is a full moratorium period, which is six months, during which a community organisation can develop a proposal and raise the money required to bid to buy the asset. The regulations list some situations where the Moratorium will not be applied, even when it is an Asset of Community Value on the list. These include:

• If the disposal is a gift
  • If the disposal is made between members of the same family
  • If the land or building being disposed of is part of a bigger estate
  • If the disposal is of a building or piece of land on which going-concern business is operating, provided that the sale is to a new owner to continue the same business (for example if an owner of a pub wants to sell the pub to a new owner, to continue running it as a pub).

Shame those Trust people who did the ball breaking work are not around anymore, two years seems such an age now.

Well its a good job me and thee know who they are and how to get hold of them if need be. 

I still have the contact details of the council too, as it took me weeks to find the relevant department who looks after the one and only ACV in the borough in November

10 minutes ago, tony4938 said:

Date could still be brought forward by either party, to keep the points deduction in this season. 

It reads to me neither party want to do that.

1 hour ago, oafc1955 said:

How can a sale go through anyway, I’m under the impression the trust have first refusal and 6 months to come up with a bid ?

I know Jorvik has answered it better than me

Technically, it is not first refusal, but the right to have a bid heard but with no guarantee for it to be accepted.  It gives the Trust "time" to raise awareness/funds/all kinds of outside support, if it is a viable option.

However, we are back to the two key people really in all this, Al and Blitz.

Loads of speculation regarding what should and could happen next.

For me 2 key elements.

Firstly will AL pay the debt to Blitz within the 6 week deadine...if not we go into admin, and secondly does he have the cash to buy the ground from Brassbank outright.

Club statement confirming the precise position is urgently required.

The current position is completely unchanged from the past few weeks , and will remain so until one of the above is signed sealed and delivered.

My guess is he will pay the debt to avoid admin but that the deal to buy the ground will fall through and we will be back to square one again.....fucking 🤡

23 minutes ago, Londonboy said:

Loads of speculation regarding what should and could happen next.

For me 2 key elements.

Firstly will AL pay the debt to Blitz within the 6 week deadine...if not we go into admin, and secondly does he have the cash to buy the ground from Brassbank outright.

Club statement confirming the precise position is urgently required.

The current position is completely unchanged from the past few weeks , and will remain so until one of the above is signed sealed and delivered.

My guess is he will pay the debt to avoid admin but that the deal to buy the ground will fall through and we will be back to square one again.....fucking 🤡

As I see it AL has no obligation to open the North Stand and pay future rent, only what he owed for when occupying it.

There will be virtually no season ticket money coming in the next six weeks so how can he sustain running the club?

It looks like he's borrowing,  but on borrowed time.

6 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

As I see it AL has no obligation to open the North Stand and pay future rent, only what he owed for when occupying it.

There will be virtually no season ticket money coming in the next six weeks so how can he sustain running the club?

It looks like he's borrowing,  but on borrowed time.

Think I saw "Borrowing, but on borrowed time" at Leeds festival c. 2003

Club Statement

Large

After working extremely hard over the past week to secure the future of Oldham Athletic, we are very pleased to be able to provide an update regarding the application for administration made by Brass Bank Limited (current owners of Boundary Park).

The Club has reached an in-principle agreement with Brass Bank to purchase Boundary Park and the surrounding land. The Club has also paid Brass Bank a significant sum towards the final settlement figure. Contrary to reports, the ownership of the Club has not changed at all.

The application was heard at 14:00 today, and adjourned until 21 April 2020 at the request of both the Club and Brass Bank, allowing the parties further time to formalise the agreement and for the Club to pay final sums to Brass Bank.

In terms of the North Stand, this agreement means that we can begin to sell season tickets for next year. We will update fans with the details as soon as possible.

We will of course now also be working on completing the safety improvements mandated by the Council safety advisory group and hope to re-open the stand as soon as these are satisfied.

We know that this has been a very unsettling time for the fans and all associated with Oldham Athletic AFC.

We believe this to be the right deal for the future of the Club and that it will, once complete, put us in a far stronger position to be able to deliver the experience, football and results we all desire.

The focus can now turn back onto to the pitch tomorrow and we know our great away support will be cheering on the players at Crawley Town.

So now he is happy to do deals with the person he claimed should be investigated by the police, and pay rent that apparently he shouldn’t have to pay. The muppet will soon own the ground and there is a big question mark as to where the funds are coming from. The way the owner and his minions have conducted themselves in recent months has been nothing short of disgraceful. For me, this changes nothing and I will not be renewing my season ticket next year, for the first time in 30 years. I genuinely fear for the club, it really is the next club to go out of business

"In terms of the North Stand, this agreement means that we can begin to sell season tickets for next year".

But with no concrete guarantee anyone will be able to sit in it to watch football in that stand or any stand whats the incentive?

In reality all they have done here is kick the can down the road.

4 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

"In terms of the North Stand, this agreement means that we can begin to sell season tickets for next year".

But with no concrete guarantee anyone will be able to sit in it to watch football in that stand or any stand whats the incentive?

In reality all they have done here is kick the can down the road.

It also says they are completing the safety regs asap. To be fair to AL it's a good statement. We have all been asking, has the debt been paid, has the stadium been bought, has the safety cert been fixed, has bassini bought the club. Answers everythin and no matter what anyone says about any owner, Im Glad to have our stadium back under the clubs brolly. The only question I want answering is hows it being paid for. His own money that he didnt want to use? Or a Loan? 

Interesting!  Implies that the club is going to buy the ground and surrounding land and has made a payment towards the final settlement figure.  This is at odds with AL having paid some of the money owed but then you would not have expected both parties to be singing from the same hymn sheet.  Not the outcome I was hoping for - I hope it all breaks down and we go into administration by 16.49 on the 26th March.

I will still wait for All Fools' Day before renewing, if I do, my season card.

P.S.  It is dumb beyond belief for the owner of a football club to put ownership of the stadium with the football 'business'.  It needs to be held safely somewhere else so its sale isn't available to fund debts on administration with a lease to the football club - same ownership but not in the same entity.

1 minute ago, OAFC_ULTRA said:

So now he is happy to do deals with the person he claimed should be investigated by the police, and pay rent that apparently he shouldn’t have to pay. The muppet will soon own the ground and there is a big question mark as to where the funds are coming from. The way the owner and his minions have conducted themselves in recent months has been nothing short of disgraceful. For me, this changes nothing and I will not be renewing my season ticket next year, for the first time in 30 years. I genuinely fear for the club, it really is the next club to go out of business

He won't own the ground if he can't provide the funds. He has paid off a "significant sum" of the £600k that he owes and has done for sometime. Where is he going to find 10x that to buy the ground?

14 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Club Statement

Large

After working extremely hard over the past week to secure the future of Oldham Athletic, we are very pleased to be able to provide an update regarding the application for administration made by Brass Bank Limited (current owners of Boundary Park).

The Club has reached an in-principle agreement with Brass Bank to purchase Boundary Park and the surrounding land. The Club has also paid Brass Bank a significant sum towards the final settlement figure. Contrary to reports, the ownership of the Club has not changed at all.

The application was heard at 14:00 today, and adjourned until 21 April 2020 at the request of both the Club and Brass Bank, allowing the parties further time to formalise the agreement and for the Club to pay final sums to Brass Bank.

In terms of the North Stand, this agreement means that we can begin to sell season tickets for next year. We will update fans with the details as soon as possible.

We will of course now also be working on completing the safety improvements mandated by the Council safety advisory group and hope to re-open the stand as soon as these are satisfied.

We know that this has been a very unsettling time for the fans and all associated with Oldham Athletic AFC.

We believe this to be the right deal for the future of the Club and that it will, once complete, put us in a far stronger position to be able to deliver the experience, football and results we all desire.

The focus can now turn back onto to the pitch tomorrow and we know our great away support will be cheering on the players at Crawley Town.

AL wants to buy out Brassbank entirely then. Not just the stadium and car park.

1 minute ago, Chris15Arm said:

It also says they are completing the safety regs asap. To be fair to AL it's a good statement. We have all been asking, has the debt been paid, has the stadium been bought, has the safety cert been fixed, has bassini bought the club. Answers everythin and no matter what anyone says about any owner, Im Glad to have our stadium back under the clubs brolly. The only question I want answering is hows it being paid for. Money he didnt want to use? Loan? 

Your Wrong!

It is not back under our Brolly they have agreed a fee principle that is not the same as buying it. Simon Blitz and Brassbank still own the ground.

Archived