Administration

41 minutes ago, Chris15Arm said:

Blitz AND al asked for extension and now STs r goin on sale. Pretty sure none of that would have happened if the ground wasnt as good as purchased. And if not then its admin which will mean the club and ground r together anyway

We will find out if the JR stands opens for the next home match.

• Replies 957
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, oafcmetty said:

Blitz did well out of today - got some money out of AL, and kicked the can down the road. If he doesn't get the rest, admin, and back to the FLG. As soon as AL stumped something up, he had to take it and defer the proceedings. Not sure it changed that much really (other than the point deduction timing, which could well now be next season rather than this).

Would it be a new record for OAFC to have burnt through all the season ticket money by the end of April? Impressive if so. We're fucked next season, aren't we?

No he didn’t. If it wasn’t the full amount he could have declined. 

RE the FLG: their hands have been tied for a few months since AL reported suspicions of  dodgy dealing over the JR stand,, maybe he was just buying time so that he could get funds together to buy it himself,

The club statement says "The Club has also paid Brass Bank a significant sum towards the final settlement figure".  I can't believe it's that significant in terms of the value of the ground, if it was then the £600,000 owed to Brassbank would easily be covered and we wouldn't  still have the threat of administration hanging over us.

4 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

No he didn’t. If it wasn’t the full amount he could have declined. 

I don't mean legally. Why would he turn any amount down? Free money basically - admin would see him lose the opportunity.

As I think I read on twitter, it also results in AL acknowledging the debt is valid.

46 minutes ago, inspectormorose said:

I get that but if he is really wealthy then at the very least it's disrespectful to not pay peoples wages on time as there's no excuse to do it. If he's not paying wages on time, again, is he really that wealthy. Following on from that, if that's the case, where has todays money come from? 

Oh I totally agree. I think it’s disgusting. 

People wait for their wages while he buys Rowe, gives McCann more money and finds god knows how much to pay Blitz. The point being there is a relative amount of money, but only on what suits AL. 

4 hours ago, Whitts said:

I understand all this anger that is levied towards the Chairman but the club has been in decline under all its previous owners.  I genuinely believe they come with good intentions and invest their personal wealth into the club with little reward or appreciation.  Most have an agenda, they are business men who are not doing it for the love of the town; they want a return on their investment.  AL gets vilified on here but Corney, Blitz and previously Moore are all equally culpable in the saga that has unfolded since the fall from the Premier League. I think Blitz is the clever one here, more astute than the others clearly but no way blameless.     

lets be clear, Oldham is not unique; it is similar to many clubs in the lower reaches who are living beyond their means striving for success.  Every Chairman has promised promotion withing 2-3 seasons, none have managed it and their business plan does not extend beyond that target which is when the problems kick in.  We have to be realistic, the club, like many at this level, is struggling to survive and the only thing that remains constant is the supporters.  Once they go, there is no return.  Like him or not, AL has invested and it is looking like for the first time in many years we may have single ownership of the club and its infrastructure.  . 

Longer term, the game needs a shake up ; the top few clubs are destroying the game by sucking all the cash into their own pockets.  The likes of AL and others are only stop gaps for clubs like Oldham.  There has to be a fairer distribution of the wealth so that clubs are not going out of business for a top player's weekly salary.  Its criminal.

Hopefully, this is a new start and I for one am prepared to draw a line in the sand and renew for next year, once it is confirmed.  I believe / hope lessons have been learnt, and the club now has players who can push in the upper levels of this division if they can be persuaded to stay.

Agree with much of this, however I'm not sure how you can say AL is a stopgap and at the same time say this is a new start (if he soon owns ground and club).

I was in the camp, crazy as it sounds , of hoping for admin this season as a way of getting AL out and a new owner (preferably someone sensible so not Bassini) in. Based on today's events I'm now leaning towards the Lags view. Easy for me to say from far away in the West Mids as I don't get to many home games these days, but if AL does get complete control, then, utter tit that he has so far been proved to be, he's the guy keeping our club alive and, with a heavy heart, I'd say we need to hold our noses and support our club.

He won't be there forever, but hopefully Latics will be. The players, good and bad as they are, need our support more than ever.

The bloke can never win

If he completes he completes, if he doesn't he doesn't. For now he's handed over a wedge to Blitz which is more than his buddy Corney ever did.

All he's done since he got here is pay debts off.  Mainly not of his making, but his predecessor. Attack the bloke for his failings like the poor recruitment of substandard players. His two fingered salutes to his antagonists which isn't really professional. Some less than good employer tactics but don't let that blinker todays events nor the seemingly turn around in player recruitment. Cut the bloke some slack.

33 minutes ago, Midsblue said:

Love to be proved wrong but I’m led to believe Lemsagam doesn’t have the funds and has been backed since Day 1.  Outcome today is one of the following;

1. He’s convinced his backer into funding the purchase of the stadium etc and he’s genuinely going for it in terms of trying to deliver a sustainable future via promotion and convincing fans to return.  Haemorrhaging money to Blitz month in, month out will continually push that plan back.  

2. Delay tactic to generate enough time to sell the club.  Payment had to be made to avoid administration now because it’ll kiss goodbye to repaying the money he’s already borrowed 

3. Bassini has brokered a deal with another backer but needs time so has helped Lemsagam to stave off administration until this happens.  Helps Lemsagam to buy before it’s sold on.

Lemsagam is a fuckwit, surrounded by even bigger fuckwits but part of me wants scenario 1 to be true or even what I’ve heard is incorrect and Lemsagam is actually minted personally.  He just needs to dump all those fuckwits and rebuild not only the club but the fanbase, the PR and deliver a legacy mirroring our previous purple patches.  Furthermore he needs to trust the fans and engage regularly with Push the Boundary - together the can rebuild what’s broken.  It’s never too late.

But no news of your exclusive line into this hallucination of a Dutch consortium or several other parties always around to rescue a football club on its heels?

12 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Oh I totally agree. I think it’s disgusting. 

People wait for their wages while he buys Rowe, gives McCann more money and finds god knows how much to pay Blitz. The point being there is a relative amount of money, but only on what suits AL. 

The point being he didn't have it last week, where's it come from and who's behind it? Not in any way trying to be confrontational, just recent years have taught me not to take things at face value with us.

18 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

Genuine question, if AL had called you in like cornet did and snake oiled you like cornet did, would that have been enough for you to 180 it and tell us all that everything is fine and we should all jus be quiet, like you did under cornet?

Could it even still happen with a one to one boardroom experience and a few creepy smiles?

"Snake oiled you like cornet did" - what are you on about? 

Did you bother to attend the meeting with Corney like a few of us did off here?

Where you able to view the players' wages (names covered) to put to bed the bullshit you and others were spouting about "paying peanuts" etc.

Or, as usual, did you just snipe from the sidelines. 

12 hours ago, Lags said:

The bloke can never win

If he completes he completes, if he doesn't he doesn't. For now he's handed over a wedge to Blitz which is more than his buddy Corney ever did.

All he's done since he got here is pay debts off.  Mainly not of his making, but his predecessor. Attack the bloke for his failings like the poor recruitment of substandard players. His two fingered salutes to his antagonists which isn't really professional. Some less than good employer tactics but don't let that blinker todays events nor the seemingly turn around in player recruitment. Cut the bloke some slack.

No

He knew all about this when he took over, the minute he bought the shares. He bought the shares through his own freewill knowone held a gun to his head. When he did buy the shares the debt became his responsibility.

Knowone forced him to fall out with players, coaches, backroom staff, sponsors, The FLG, Blitz or the fans hes brought this on himself. 

He can win 2 ways.

1. He takes on the responsibility and sorts the problems out 

Or

2. He sells the club to someone and cuts his losses.

Stop apologising for him and stop apologising for your mate Barry. Both only have themselves to blame for this.

5 hours ago, Whitts said:

I understand all this anger that is levied towards the Chairman but the club has been in decline under all its previous owners.  I genuinely believe they come with good intentions and invest their personal wealth into the club with little reward or appreciation.  Most have an agenda, they are business men who are not doing it for the love of the town; they want a return on their investment.  AL gets vilified on here but Corney, Blitz and previously Moore are all equally culpable in the saga that has unfolded since the fall from the Premier League. I think Blitz is the clever one here, more astute than the others clearly but no way blameless.     

lets be clear, Oldham is not unique; it is similar to many clubs in the lower reaches who are living beyond their means striving for success.  Every Chairman has promised promotion withing 2-3 seasons, none have managed it and their business plan does not extend beyond that target which is when the problems kick in.  We have to be realistic, the club, like many at this level, is struggling to survive and the only thing that remains constant is the supporters.  Once they go, there is no return.  Like him or not, AL has invested and it is looking like for the first time in many years we may have single ownership of the club and its infrastructure.  . 

Longer term, the game needs a shake up ; the top few clubs are destroying the game by sucking all the cash into their own pockets.  The likes of AL and others are only stop gaps for clubs like Oldham.  There has to be a fairer distribution of the wealth so that clubs are not going out of business for a top player's weekly salary.  Its criminal.

Hopefully, this is a new start and I for one am prepared to draw a line in the sand and renew for next year, once it is confirmed.  I believe / hope lessons have been learnt, and the club now has players who can push in the upper levels of this division if they can be persuaded to stay.

Spot on as far as I’m concerned. 👍

COYB ⚽⚽

46 minutes ago, Midsblue said:

Love to be proved wrong but I’m led to believe Lemsagam doesn’t have the funds and has been backed since Day 1.  Outcome today is one of the following;

If AI has  a mystery backer I'd like to know WTF they're getting out of it.

It's difficult enough  to understand what's in it for AL, but a mystery backer would have to be certifiable,

5 hours ago, Lags said:

Christ, how many nails!! not having a dig personally. It's just like who will 90% of Tics be happy with

Exactly!! Personally I support the team, not necessarily the regime, whoever that might be. 

2 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

No

He knew all about when he took over the minute he bought the shares. He bought the shares through his own free will knowone held a gun to his head. When he did buy the shares the debt became his responsibility.

Knowone forced him to fall out with players, coaches, backroom staff, sponsors, The FLG, Blitz or the fans hes brought this on himself. 

He can win 2 ways.

1. He takes on the responsibility amd sorts the problems out 

Or

2. He sells the club to someone and cuts his losses.

Stop apologising for him and stop apologising for your mate Barry. Both only have themselves to blame for this.

Blimey!! I've apologised for no one. I am being fair, I'll call a spade a spade, but the pickaxe is still a pickaxe.

12 minutes ago, inspectormorose said:

The point being he didn't have it last week, where's it come from and who's behind it? Not in any way trying to be confrontational, just recent years have taught me not to take things at face value with us.

How do you know he didn’t have it last week? How do you know anybody is behind anything? 

How did he afford Rowe?

How did he afford to give McCann a pay rise?

How did he afford a further 4/5 Jsnuary signings. 
How can he afford a squad of 35 on gates of 3500? 

But he ‘can’t’ pay wages??? 

Maybe it isn’t as important to him as other things. You are assuming there is and was no money. It’s clearly evident there is money. 

3 minutes ago, Lags said:

Blimey!! I've apologised for no one. I am being fair, I'll call a spade a spade, but the pickaxe is still a pickaxe.

He deserves no cut slack over this its his responsibility he should deal with it.

Everyone will support him if he does.

3 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

He deserves no cut slack over this its his responsibility he should deal with it.

Everyone will support him if he does.

Really? including you.

So for clarity, what must he do? 

It's not a dig,  purely interested

Today’s events have not helped clear up this mess one iota, in actual fact it’s made it worse. In my opinion AL is definitely trying to sell the club on as a going concern and today was just a stalling tactic to appease Blitz. Let’s face it, if Administration had kicked in today they would both have been losers.

Blitz has got some of the debt back at least and AL has got a few weeks grace to try and broker a deal. I also think the season ticket statement issued today is total bollocks and stinks of desperation.

I think the club will probably be sold for a £1 once again and the real deal, the freehold, won’t even include AL. IMO the club is absolutely worthless and I just cannot believe anyone would want to pay anything more than a nominal amount for it!!!

Today’s events change nothing and Its my bet that this will be AL’s last season at the club.

This is just my my opinion folks!!

Oh and by the way.........

***********ABDALLAH OUT***********

As with Midsblue, I have also been told that the "money person/people" effectively sit in the shadows. I have no idea whether it's true or not but it's something I was told from the off.

One or 2 on here are getting all giddy that "at last" everything might be destined to be under "one ownership"(i.e. club and land/stands etc.). Just be careful at getting too giddy.

It is, of course, possible that the "money person/people" weren't willing to throw all their investment down the drain (having maybe been screwed over once by not being close enough to things and, effectively, spending a small fortune on an owl logo) without seeing someone's head on a silver platter. Things therefore moved quickly and funds have been found by the "money people" to get us where we are currently.

Looking to the future, it's also possible that the land is seen as being of far more value as houses/hotels/business premises than ever it will be hosting a 4th division football team supported by a couple of thousand owdamers.

They have sussed out Trust Oldham and know they will never achieve anything through the ACV route or any other (and deep down we all know that to be the case too) so, they speculate now to accumulate later - and the scapegoat's head remains on his neck for now, instead of on the silver platter.

Who knows? But we'll pretty soon find out, I think.

36 minutes ago, Lags said:

Really? including you.

He could start by paying the taxman, employees, players. Letting us back in the stand we've bought tickets for. Stopping interfering in team selections. Stopping ostracising anyone who goes against him in any way. Stopping dodgy practices involving bags full of cash. Want me to go on?

12 hours ago, Lags said:

Really? including you.

What should he do?

- Continue the improved recruitment strategy in the summer no more random French amateurs, make sure each players signed is the right fit for Oldham Athletic and improves the squad.

- Take on the financial responsibilities of running the football club make sure bills are paid. Try and be as competitive as possible on the pitch. No more winding up petitions!

- Stop falling out with everyone, and try and work with them regardless who owns the ground or the sponsors or what the fans think. You need everyone onside shutting stands and falling out with Landlords won't do that.

- Reduce the responsibilities of both Barry Owen and Mohammed Lemsagam. Both are so far out of their depth running a football club at the sharp end its frightening.

- Give a manager time to build a squad sacking manager after manager has contributed to our failures.

- Make sure we have a strong youth setup and community program.

- Treat the staff with the respect they deserve, these people are an asset.

Im not asking us to compete on level terms with United and City Im asking us to compete on level terms with Rochdale and Accrington Stanley.

Is that too much to ask for? 

Is that beyond us?

If he can't just sell up and go whats the point of him being here.

Archived