Administration

12 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

If there is one thing that has struck me ploughing through all this it is that it hasn't generated the sort of emotions that it would have done (and indeed did do) some years back.

Would it be fair to say though that most posters on OWTB don't attend games regularly anymore and whilst its still our only Club, with absence comes some detachment emotionally  

Cue 'chucking of rotten fruit'  :chubb:

• Replies 957
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, tGWB said:

Would it be fair to say though that most posters on OWTB don't attend games regularly anymore and whilst its still our only Club, with absence comes some detachment emotionally  

Certainly applies to me. Have seen one game this season (which we won!). 

Not a boycott in any way shape or form. Just detachment and more appealing things to do. 

42 minutes ago, tGWB said:

An interesting point you make there @tGWB - I sometimes wonder how many on here do actually go anymore. Without the benefit of any factual backup, I would hazard a guess at 25%. 😕 

17 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

An interesting point you make there @tGWB - I sometimes wonder how many on here do actually go anymore. Without the benefit of any factual backup, I would hazard a guess at 25%. 😕 

My guess is that there are a good few fans on OWTB who have moved away over the years and use the forum to keep in touch

Like you said, a good few who don't go anymore for a mixture of reasons such as , crap league, poor standard of football, sick of poor ownership of the club, costs etc

Saying all that, I've just sorted travel arrangements out for the last game of the season Away at Grimsby, my only Latics game of this season :chubb:

1 hour ago, tGWB said:

My last game was Oxford at home, first game of the relegation season.

I usually go about 4 or 5 times a season (1 home and as many away as is logistically possible).  It's a bit like meeting up with an old friend to share good times from the past.

Even if that friend acts like a bit of a dick when in your company.

3 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

Certainly applies to me. Have seen one game this season (which we won!). 

Not a boycott in any way shape or form. Just detachment and more appealing things to do. 

2 hours ago, Stevie_J said:

My last game was Oxford at home, first game of the relegation season.

32 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

I've been once this season, that was plenty thanks very much.

12 minutes ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

I usually go about 4 or 5 times a season (1 home and as many away as is logistically possible).  It's a bit like meeting up with an old friend to share good times from the past.

Even if that friend acts like a bit of a dick when in your company.

Just chuckled at the thought of loads of us one day sat round a massive table

"Hello everyone, my name is xxx and I'm an Oldham Athletic supporter" :help:

My last two games were in 2015 when I was over to bury my dad.

Since ifollow started I’ve seen every game, but obviously it’s not the same.

The enthusiasm that I started the 2017 relegation season with, I managed to keep until the start of this season.

I was even planning to catch a couple of matches as I’ve more time to make the trip, now I’m retired, but the absolute shambles of this year has put me off, and I for one have become much more emotionally detached, which is probably apparent in my posts.

12 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

But Blitz is ok with that? Doesn’t sound right does it. 

I guess there's 2 things to consider....

1. Blitz is a c*nt who is only interested in himself and doesn't give two fooks about us..... i.e If his threat of admin eeks out both his rent and debenture debt, even partially over installments, then he's happy. If Marco can't come up with the land/stadium money, then Blitz still owns it / can charge more & ongoing rent and/or revist plan to sell to FLG or A.N.Other party. Blitz doesn't really want the headache of owning/running the football club anyway / this absolves him of having to.

2. What would the courts have said/ruled if Marco had agreed to a payment plan & Blitz didn't agree? i.e Would they have granted Marco more time anyway, meaning Blitz needed to be seen to agree / give him a chance to pay?

1 minute ago, lookersstandandy said:

1. Blitz is a c*nt who is only interested in himself and doesn't give two fooks about us..... i.e If his threat of admin eeks out both his rent and debenture debt, even partially over installments, then he's happy. If Marco can't come up with the land/stadium money, then Blitz still owns it / can charge more & ongoing rent and/or revist plan to sell to FLG or A.N.Other party. Blitz doesn't really want the headache of owing/running the football club anyway / this absolves him of having to.

2. What would the courts have said/ruled if Marco had agreed to a payment plan & Blitx didn't agree? i.e Would they have granted Marco more time anyway, meaning Blitz needed to be seen to agree / give him a chance to pay?

7 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Really think its a dangerous thing in this day and age to pass off tweets as official news.

I agree principally.... but then no-one (I most certainly am not) is.... & OWTB is a form of social media in it's own right.... and so we're just sharing/discussing views in an instance where there might be some truth in the tweet.....!?!

43 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

1. Blitz is a c*nt who is only interested in himself and doesn't give two fooks about us..... i.e If his threat of admin eeks out both his rent and debenture debt, even partially over installments, then he's happy. If Marco can't come up with the land/stadium money, then Blitz still owns it / can charge more & ongoing rent and/or revist plan to sell to FLG or A.N.Other party. Blitz doesn't really want the headache of owning/running the football club anyway / this absolves him of having to.

2. What would the courts have said/ruled if Marco had agreed to a payment plan & Blitz didn't agree? i.e Would they have granted Marco more time anyway, meaning Blitz needed to be seen to agree / give him a chance to pay?

Think FLG might have thrown their toys out of the pram...

1 hour ago, oafcmetty said:

Think FLG might have thrown their toys out of the pram...

Will the mystery backers forever remain in the shadows?

On Facebook it was suggested members of the FLG believe they'll be banned from the ground, so going before they're pushed. Which is quite sad really, as they are Latics fans, I for one would back their right 100% to continue being a supporter.

26 minutes ago, Lags said:

On Facebook it was suggested members of the FLG believe they'll be banned from the ground, so going before they're pushed. Which is quite sad really, as they are Latics fans, I for one would back their right 100% to continue being a supporter.

...and this is why fans think ALBOMO are pricks & want them gone... 

33 minutes ago, Lags said:

I take it that this would happen if AL bought the stadium.  I guess we have 17 days to see If we wind up in court again.

As for people not being as alarmed about admin. as last time. I think we have got to the stage where we just want the current regime gone, and have high hopes that another one will most likely than not take its place. All of us are hoping we have a better chance of this than Bury unfortunately did.

24 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

...and this is why fans think ALBOMO are pricks & want them gone... 

Remember, it's something they believe, not heard it from the board.

Whilst it could have been seen as an hostile bid, it would go along way if the board made it known that no grudges are held and all are welcome. It would be down to the individuals involved if the wanted to attend matches.

Like I've stated, I would 100% back their corner.

1 hour ago, Lags said:

why would they be banned?

Most sad if it is the case, christ it will be spot the fan at BP next season

2 minutes ago, underdog said:

why would they be banned?

Most sad if it is the case, christ it will be spot the fan at BP next season

That was my initial thought, so asked that very question.

9 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

9 hours ago, tGWB said:

My guess is that there are a good few fans on OWTB who have moved away over the years and use the forum to keep in touch

Like you said, a good few who don't go anymore for a mixture of reasons such as , crap league, poor standard of football, sick of poor ownership of the club, costs etc

Saying all that, I've just sorted travel arrangements out for the last game of the season Away at Grimsby, my only Latics game of this season :chubb:

@singe fancy doing a poll here?

10 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

"Dangerous" how?

What might happen? 

Brexit, Trump, fights over bog roll in your local Asda. Social media is full of misinformation.

Their is alot of rumour and innuendo flying about at the moment and while its not "dangerous" in the most literal terms I wouldn't go around believing every story I hear.

Archived