Administration

• Replies 957
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Midsblue said:

Said a few times, there’s serious interest in buying our club but Lemsagam has been asking for silly money in return for basically no asset value.  Any goodwill has dwindled to nothing as he’s alienated the fanbase.  It’s toxic now but administration could well rid the sale process of Lemsagam and make the sale a very fast process.

Prospectives owners know the fanbase is there and with investment on the field plus tapping into the heritage of our club in our 125th anniversary year will deliver a decent ST income to help that drive.  It’s not difficult that with the right PR, promise in the playing side and a new hierarchy overturning every faux pas by Lemsagam will get the fans returning.  Blitz is engaging to sell the stadium and OEC for a fair price, which not only unites the club in name and home but delivers a commercial activity with huge potential to make the club sustainable and a focal point in safeguarding professional football in the town.

Massive risk that a 12 point deduction will have us too close to Stevenage than I’d like.  However there’s enough games left, a nucleus of a decent side that could perform much better with a decent manager installed plus playing in much more positive environment around the club and a few extra hundred watching each game until end of the season.

Very interesting few weeks coming up.... a new dawn on the horizon?  Possibly shades of Orange rather than Tangerine next season?!

Is this current info? As exciting as it would be to have football people of their calibre involved (as long as their intentions were good and they could back up their promises!), at this stage I’d just be happy to have knowledgeable football people running the club. As opposed to this group of chancers who are incapable of even the basics. 

8 hours ago, Midsblue said:

Said a few times, there’s serious interest in buying our club but Lemsagam has been asking for silly money in return for basically no asset value.  Any goodwill has dwindled to nothing as he’s alienated the fanbase.  It’s toxic now but administration could well rid the sale process of Lemsagam and make the sale a very fast process.

Prospectives owners know the fanbase is there and with investment on the field plus tapping into the heritage of our club in our 125th anniversary year will deliver a decent ST income to help that drive.  It’s not difficult that with the right PR, promise in the playing side and a new hierarchy overturning every faux pas by Lemsagam will get the fans returning.  Blitz is engaging to sell the stadium and OEC for a fair price, which not only unites the club in name and home but delivers a commercial activity with huge potential to make the club sustainable and a focal point in safeguarding professional football in the town.

Massive risk that a 12 point deduction will have us too close to Stevenage than I’d like.  However there’s enough games left, a nucleus of a decent side that could perform much better with a decent manager installed plus playing in much more positive environment around the club and a few extra hundred watching each game until end of the season.

Very interesting few weeks coming up.... a new dawn on the horizon?  Possibly shades of Orange rather than Tangerine next season?!

I know you touched on this a couple of months back - have you heard anything more recently than that?

15 minutes ago, sjk2008 said:

I know you touched on this a couple of months back - have you heard anything more recently than that?

They still haven’t purchased a club yet.  Still looking around and our club has the exact blueprint they want; Fanbase of 3000-5000 with potential to increase (IMO this is definitely achievable), heritage & community feel, commercial opportunity already in place but massively untapped.  Plain and simple - Lemsagam had the chance but royally fucked it up by alienating stakeholders, fanbase etc.

Debts could be an issue but administration could sweep that away if majority is sat with Blitz.  Ironically, that £300k owed to Blitz could, I suspect be waived, if someone more engaging and who can genuinely afford to buy the ground etc comes forward with an offer.

The club to which these people were previously linked has since been taken over with my ITK now involved with that club.  Therefore it’s gone quiet in terms of news from my ITK but they were definitely interested in us before Lemsagam took over.  Probably we’ve missed the boat but who knows.  

Blitz wants to sell and if he has his hands directly/indirectly on both club and land then I’m sure he can broker a deal with them or someone else.  Naturally the FLG/their backers would be logical choice but they only want the OEC unless I’m convinced otherwise.  Stranger things have happened but wouldn’t surprise me if Scholes materialises once the Lemsagam mob have fucked off.

9 hours ago, Midsblue said:

Yes! 100%

Burnley, Huddersfield are similar towns to Oldham and look how well their clubs are supported in comparison. 

Oldham have been so poor for so long, something to get behind, some moderate success, people will jump on the bandwagon. 

The stadium should be an asset to the club. Rent from the gym, income from the OEC year round (as there always should’ve been). Wasn’t it said that this type of thing should give us a top league one budget?  Evidently it didn’t for some reason, but it should’ve done. 

It would be a risk for a new investor of course, but at the right price everything is there to build something.

There’ll be a buyer  and we will emerge from this, hopefully with better ownership this time, surely Latics are due some luck?! 

52 minutes ago, Theoutsider said:

Burnley, Huddersfield are similar towns to Oldham and look how well their clubs are supported in comparison. 

Not the same. Those clubs have always had big support and don't live right on the doorstep of two of the biggest clubs in Europe...

Just now, JoeP said:

Not the same. Those clubs have always had big support and don't live right on the doorstep of two of the biggest clubs in Europe...

Huddersfield big support? I must have been dreaming all those times they could barely muster 1000 fans at ISZ. 

I think 'Wise Owl' said in an earlier post that "things need to come to a head," and I agree.  I just hope that there is someone out there with a plan, my biggest fear is the AL pays up and we continue with this totally unsatisfactory situation.  AL has all but killed the club anyway, so if there is no plan, perhaps it is better to end it now.

7 minutes ago, JoeP said:

Wasn’t referencing the support, more so demographics of the towns. 

City and United being on the doorstep shouldn’t matter (to an extent).  There are plenty of people disillusioned with Premier League football (I know, I’m one them which is why I am here). 

Not suggesting Oldham will get back to that level, but if the club was run properly, in my opinion there’d be a lot more people watching, new fans as well, not just stay aways. 

Need some success on the pitch which will only come with better, competent, owners. 

2 minutes ago, Theoutsider said:

Wasn’t referencing the support, more so demographics of the towns. 

City and United being on the doorstep shouldn’t matter (to an extent).  There are plenty of people disillusioned with Premier League football (I know, I’m one them which is why I am here). 

Not suggesting Oldham will get back to that level, but if the club was run properly, in my opinion there’d be a lot more people watching, new fans as well, not just stay aways. 

Need some success on the pitch which will only come with better, competent, owners. 

Hope you're right, but I've always said there's no evidence of a sleeping support in the town. 

Not sure the relevance of the demographics - a town's population is either interested in the football club or it isn't. The population of Huddersfield and Burnley generally have shown more interest in their club than the population of Oldham have shown in theirs. 

A lot of damage has been done here. We'll do well, in my opinion to get most of the stay aways back..

5 minutes ago, JoeP said:

Hope you're right, but I've always said there's no evidence of a sleeping support in the town. 

Not sure the relevance of the demographics - a town's population is either interested in the football club or it isn't. The population of Huddersfield and Burnley generally have shown more interest in their club than the population of Oldham have shown in theirs. 

A lot of damage has been done here. We'll do well, in my opinion to get most of the stay aways back..

Agree a lot of damage has been done over a very long period of time, Abdallah has just finished it off. 

Once you’ve formed a habit, such as staying away, it’s easy to maintain it.  I agree these people won’t be easy to get back. 

If the towns are similar and the people are similar, why do people in other places support the club, but in Oldham they do not? 

There are people out there. Both of my sons play for local junior football teams, most of kids have no interest in Oldham and the typical comment from a parent is “I used to watch Latics, but I’m not watching that shite anymore”.  

My point is though, they are football fans, they don’t go and watch City or Utd, but if OAFC was more entertaining and a better experience, I am convinced some of them would. 

35 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Assuming all our fans come back if AL goes. They didn't after Corney

I thought season ticket sales went up in the season after relegation? The first with AL in charge. 

Just logged on to find all this, what the ef is going on at our club? Just when you think it cant get any worse it does...massively.

Who in their right mind will buy a season ticket now?

Oh please show yourself our saviour...if there is one. I've been doing Euro lottery to try and get the required funds together...no luck...yet.

53 minutes ago, Theoutsider said:

If the towns are similar and the people are similar, why do people in other places support the club, but in Oldham they do not? 

They both more history of success long term both have been champions of England. Both have been bigger clubs than us historically as a result have had more people get into the habit over a longer period of time. 

1 hour ago, Theoutsider said:

Agree a lot of damage has been done over a very long period of time, Abdallah has just finished it off. 

Once you’ve formed a habit, such as staying away, it’s easy to maintain it.  I agree these people won’t be easy to get back. 

There are people out there. Both of my sons play for local junior football teams, most of kids have no interest in Oldham and the typical comment from a parent is “I used to watch Latics, but I’m not watching that shite anymore”.  

My point is though, they are football fans, they don’t go and watch City or Utd, but if OAFC was more entertaining and a better experience, I am convinced some of them would. 

8 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

They both more history of success long term both have been champions of England. Both have been bigger clubs than us historically as a result have had more people get into the habit over a longer period of time. 

I think the Utd & City factor is significant, but more so I think if we were run moderately well,  built on the current great work of the Community Trust at school level  and engaged far better, and obviously better on the pitch we'd have a decent increase in gates. 

28 minutes ago, singe said:

I think the Utd & City factor is significant, but more so I think if we were run moderately well,  built on the current great work of the Community Trust at school level  and engaged far better, and obviously better on the pitch we'd have a decent increase in gates. 

Can't see the gates increasing dramatically under most circumstances.

The principal requirement is to set a reasonable budget and stick to it to avoid a repeat of our current predicament.

Archived