Administration

• Replies 957
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, oafc1955 said:

ANYTHING is better than these 🤡🤡🤡’s

This is exactly what people were saying a couple of years ago about Corney - "I'll take anyone, it can't get worse than this".

Ask Bury how that works out. 

This is where the club is at its most vulnerable - desperate for change, we might end up snatching at the first offer that comes our way. 

3 hours ago, Theoutsider said:

Agree a lot of damage has been done over a very long period of time, Abdallah has just finished it off. 

Once you’ve formed a habit, such as staying away, it’s easy to maintain it.  I agree these people won’t be easy to get back. 

If the towns are similar and the people are similar, why do people in other places support the club, but in Oldham they do not? 

There are people out there. Both of my sons play for local junior football teams, most of kids have no interest in Oldham and the typical comment from a parent is “I used to watch Latics, but I’m not watching that shite anymore”.  

My point is though, they are football fans, they don’t go and watch City or Utd, but if OAFC was more entertaining and a better experience, I am convinced some of them would. 

Your optimism is very much a glass half full 

Best we could hope for in League 2 or League 1 even with an attractive attacking team would be a regular c5,000-6,000 which would still have us financially shipping £losses 

The Championship is like another planet away for us so at best, bobbing between League 1 and 2 is a hopeful but dull future for us

We’re sat in the shadows of two of the richest football clubs in the world and its far too easy for folk to watch the worlds best footballers on tv 

The days of thousands trudging up to Boundary Park are well gone 

The question is can AL come up with £600,000 in a week? If not we go into admin. and he loses everything he's put in except his director loans. Could he then hold out by refusing to accept anything less than the full amount?

4 minutes ago, al_bro said:

The question is can AL come up with £600,000 in a week? If not we go into admin. and he loses everything he's put in except his director loans. Could he then hold out by refusing to accept anything less than the full amount?

He'd just be an unsecured creditor; no reason he'd have first claim.

10 minutes ago, al_bro said:

Plus £70k for HMRC plus wages. 

17 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

What were home attendances though? 

Broadly similar to the league 1 relegation season on average I think. Given the away attendances would have been less I’d say home attendances were up. Any good will was soon eroded though by the actions of the club. 

2 hours ago, al_bro said:

Problem with the meeting on Friday next week, the hearing may turn round and say ok you have until end of month to sort debts out. Then if he cant we start next season

minus 12 !!!!!!

I would doubt there will be a conclusive answer on Friday.

4 hours ago, tGWB said:

Your optimism is very much a glass half full 

Best we could hope for in League 2 or League 1 even with an attractive attacking team would be a regular c5,000-6,000 which would still have us financially shipping £losses 

The Championship is like another planet away for us so at best, bobbing between League 1 and 2 is a hopeful but dull future for us

We’re sat in the shadows of two of the richest football clubs in the world and its far too easy for folk to watch the worlds best footballers on tv 

The days of thousands trudging up to Boundary Park are well gone 

Should be shooting for a lot higher than 6,000 regularly given the size of Oldham and existing fan base. 

Not saying Championship in size, but League 1 for sure and doesn’t need to be dull. 

The population in terms of numbers and facilities are all there if they are used properly to perform much better. 

I am a glass half full, but this is because I haven’t had 25-years of downward spiral. 

50 minutes ago, losesome said:

Problem with the meeting on Friday next week, the hearing may turn round and say ok you have until end of month to sort debts out. Then if he cant we start next season

minus 12 !!!!!!

Don't think either party will want that and some sort of settlement will be made.

17 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Don't think either party will want that and some sort of settlement will be made.

Led to believe an extension is not possible. 

The club is insolvent in so much as it cannot pay its debt - hence the winding up petition. 

On top of this, Brassbank has evidence that it is a creditor who has not been paid, on two grounds; rent and the Debenture issue. 

The Debenture also gives the power to appoint an administrator. 

So, either AL pays up what he owes and straight away, failing which, he’s out. 

4 minutes ago, Theoutsider said:

Led to believe an extension is not possible. 

The club is insolvent in so much as it cannot pay its debt - hence the winding up petition. 

On top of this, Brassbank has evidence that it is a creditor who has not been paid, on two grounds; rent and the Debenture issue. 

The Debenture also gives the power to appoint an administrator. 

So, either AL pays up what he owes and straight away, failing which, he’s out. 

Also heard the same plus anybody who is owed money HMRC etc etc has to be paid in full, so highly unlikely this will be paid especially when cash flow is like it is and wages being paid late again.

So Friday looks like the start of a new chapter in the clubs history lets hope it is for the better KTF

3 hours ago, losesome said:

minus 12 !!!!!!

This sort of hearing is more of a rubber stamping exercise than the winding up orders that we have experienced with HMRC

19 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Cheers,

What is the example at Latics?

AL pays a rent on the OEC, and Debenture to use the other 3 stands? 

Corney kept getting handouts from Blitz to keep the club going. Blitz got a bit fed up so had the final one secured against the club with a floating charge (the debenture). AL agreed to pay it off when he bought the club and hasn’t paid it all off in the agreed timeframe. 

10 minutes ago, jorvik_latic said:

Corney kept getting handouts from Blitz to keep the club going. Blitz got a bit fed up so had the final one secured against the club with a floating charge (the debenture). AL agreed to pay it off when he bought the club and hasn’t paid it all off in the agreed timeframe. 

Ah ok. 

Cheers. 

Archived