Jump to content

Recommended Posts

 

55 minutes ago, Lags said:

 

My post wasn't a dig at you guy's. Just an observation of how things progress on this site and other's on social media. If I was to give any advice, it would be strike whilst you've got the bulk of boards like this behind you. As sure as night follows day in the long run your equal efforts in the future will be met differently. 

 

One question I'd like to ask, does PTB broadly back the FLG team in their quest or would you prefer a new backer/owner to bring everything under one umbrella whilst the rest of the land remains undeveloped?.

 

 

Why are you so bothered about the land being used for housing? What detrimental effect do you see it having? They can build tower block flats on the car park for all I care if it makes the club viable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Clifford said:

 

 

 

Why are you so bothered about the land being used for housing? What detrimental effect do you see it having? They can build tower block flats on the car park for all I care if it makes the club viable.

I suppose it depends on whether the football club's continuation is their primary objective or it's seen as asset stripping.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Lags said:

 

My post wasn't a dig at you guy's. Just an observation of how things progress on this site and other's on social media. If I was to give any advice, it would be strike whilst you've got the bulk of boards like this behind you. As sure as night follows day in the long run your equal efforts in the future will be met differently. 

 

One question I'd like to ask, does PTB broadly back the FLG team in their quest or would you prefer a new backer/owner to bring everything under one umbrella whilst the rest of the land remains undeveloped?.

No wasn’t seen as that don’t worry!
 

For me personally it is purely dependant on each owner. If we get an owner in who has the finances to back up his claims to make the club successful and can evidence this then why wouldn’t you want him to take it all on?  
 

Whilst Abdallah has struggled to provide staff wages on time for a few months of his time in ownership and winding up petitions I personally think a fan ownership of the ground which is successful at other clubs, where profit goes to the club but fans own shares, would work a lot better. This would give security to both the club and supporters should admin happen to safe guard the ground, you could use Bury as an example where the ground isn’t safe guarded and they are now stuck in a awful situation and have lost their identity. 

Edited by adamoafc
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

I suppose it depends on whether the football club's continuation is their primary objective or it's seen as asset stripping.

 

As has been the case for twenty years the club has minimal assets to strip.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, adamoafc said:

No wasn’t seen as that don’t worry!
 

For me personally it is purely dependant on each owner. If we get an owner in who has the finances to back up his claims to make the club successful and can evidence this then why wouldn’t you want him to take it all on?  
 

Whilst Abdallah has struggled to provide staff wages on time for a few months of his time in ownership and winding up petitions I personally think a fan ownership which is successful at other clubs, where profit goes to the club but fans own shares, would work a lot better. This would give security to both the club and supporters should admin happen to safe guard the ground, you could use Bury as an example where the ground isn’t safe guarded and they are now stuck in a awful situation and have lost their identity. 

 

Whilst the idea of fan ownership is admirable...….do we have a big enough fan base at Oldham for it to be a realistic proposition?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

 

As has been the case for twenty years the club has minimal assets to strip.

 

We've still got structural steel....always worth a few quid....not forgetting crushed concrete is worth at least a tenner per tonne.

Not long now until Portakabin changing rooms.

 

I'm drawing the line at the BO fleece.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

 

As has been the case for twenty years the club has minimal assets to strip.

Resulting in a lower asking price.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Bobledgersheart said:

Resulting in a lower asking price.

Although AL says nobody told him...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, mikejh45 said:

 

Whilst the idea of fan ownership is admirable...….do we have a big enough fan base at Oldham for it to be a realistic proposition?

 

Mike just to confirm my original comment was in relation to ground ownership. As I didn’t make it clear. 
 

It could be open to businesses aswell but a max purchase of 10%, off the top of my head Swindon and Chelsea both have gone for similar models. 

Edited by adamoafc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mikejh45 said:

 

Whilst the idea of fan ownership is admirable...….do we have a big enough fan base at Oldham for it to be a realistic proposition?

 

Exeter seem to be doing ok

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, oafcmetty said:

Exeter seem to be doing ok

Whose nearest premiership club is..............?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

Whose nearest premiership club is..............?

Good question!  Bournemouth I think!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

Whose nearest premiership club is..............?

Regardless, we have a bigger fanbase than the Grecians.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, oafcmetty said:

Exeter seem to be doing ok

 

Is that League Two Exeter or another one? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

 

Is that League Two Exeter or another one? 

Yep 13 places and 24 points ahead of us. 1400 more on their average home attendance too.

 

2 promotions and 1 relegation since the trust took over, including their highest league position finish for 40 years.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, oafcmetty said:

Yep 13 places and 24 points ahead of us. 1400 more on their average home attendance too.

 

2 promotions and 1 relegation since the trust took over, including their highest league position finish for 40 years.

 

Dare to dream eh.....😉

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, HarryBosch said:

 

Dare to dream eh.....😉

So you believe fan ownership will limit oldham athletic to be being no better than Exeter on the basis that that’s the most successful precedent out there? New precedents are established all the time my friend. 

 

In any case there is little to no evidence that we have any greater potential to grow than Exeter. That’s not to say we can’t but Exeter are just as well placed to achieve success beyond their current position as we are. Fan bases are very similar. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Andy b said:

So you believe fan ownership will limit oldham athletic to be being no better than Exeter on the basis that that’s the most successful precedent out there? New precedents are established all the time my friend. 

 

In any case there is little to no evidence that we have any greater potential to grow than Exeter. That’s not to say we can’t but Exeter are just as well placed to achieve success beyond their current position as we are. Fan bases are very similar. 

Yeah, but Bovis, Rick Holden, we were always a Division 2 side etc etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Yeah, but Bovis, Rick Holden, we were always a Division 2 side etc etc.

That’s my abiding memory and, in my deluded mind, it still represents my view of OAFC and it’s status in the football pyramid. 

 

The reality is somewhat different. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Andy b said:

So you believe fan ownership will limit oldham athletic to be being no better than Exeter on the basis that that’s the most successful precedent out there?

 

No.

 

Any other words you want to make up and put in my mouth or are you done? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

 

No.

 

Any other words you want to make up and put in my mouth or are you done? 

It was a question.

 

Sorry if i misinterpreted your position. Easily done on social media I guess 

 

And no is the answer to your question 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...