The Trust

4 minutes ago, tGWB said:

Whats your best guess at Trust membership numbers underdog ?

I reckon 200-250 at the best and declining

Am no genius but reducing membership means diminishing revenues so unless there is another revenue stream from somewhere, how can it even function ? 

It doesn’t ‘do’ anything so I’d imagine overheads are incredibly low! 🤷‍♀️

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, tGWB said:

Whats your best guess at Trust membership numbers underdog ?

I reckon 200-250 at the best and declining

Am no genius but reducing membership means diminishing revenues so unless there is another revenue stream from somewhere, how can it even function ? 

I last had access to membership in March, when I helped out to email a march update to the membership. from memory, it sounds about right TGWB. The other option is that I did a handover to the trust person who has been tasked to look after this . You could always contact them with regards to impact? pre-post this weeks news.

I am not corporate legal minded. I am sure though it has to have a membership to answer too? Events/raffles ect would help boost the kitty

hope this helps.. 

So one of the new directors of the supporters Trust is in charge of a supporters facebook group that kicks out anyone expressing a negative opinion of the current ownership or how the club is currently being run.  Have I got that right?

6 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

So one of the new directors of the supporters Trust is in charge of a supporters facebook group that kicks out anyone expressing a negative opinion of the current ownership or how the club is currently being run.  Have I got that right?

Yes he's part of that particular echo chamber.

I don't have a membership of the trust and have no intention of getting one.

The Trust was formed in 2003 to help save the club which it did in very small part put otherwise I'm struggling to see a tangible achievement since then can anyone point me in the right direction? I'm sure they have had lots of very well intentioned and very willing and even capable volunteers involved but i'm not seeing what they do.

8 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

No problem surrounding yourself with "Yes Men".............until the correct answer is no !

I'd say effective management teams usually compromise a variety of different views.

2 hours ago, sjk2008 said:

Just cancelled my membership with the Trust and looking at Twitter I can see plenty others have to.

The fact they have welcomed someone like Mike Halliwell is a huge fuck you to all the fans who want a change, or drastic improvement, in current ownership.

This same person has Abdallah’s ear, regularly sits in the directors box, and has been described by our current MD as ‘just as important to the Club as Barry Owen is’, which while laughable in itself, is a pisstake of an appointment and has never screamed conflict of interest more.

Al now has two puppets on the Trust board.

Make of that what you will.

I'm with you on all of that. I'll return my membership subscription back into my pocket and bid the Trust a fond farewell.

On the other side of the coin, a big thank you to @underdog @leeslover and others who are no longer a part of the Trust that worked so hard in the interests of OAFC and its fans.

Let’s be honest, 3% shareholding or not the trust is pointless. It has a seat on the board, usually occupied by a yes man or someone thinking of their own personal interests. The 3% shareholding actually acts as a barrier for those within the trust to ask the pressing questions we need and want answering. Evidence of this is the success of PTB which has been set up by just a few fans. 
The trust claim that it’s better to be on the board as they will hear before anyone else if shit hits the fan, okay that’s fair enough. But it’s made pointless by the fact that there is no contingency in place by the trust if that where to happen. Essentially they would see it happen and know about it, but not be able to act. 
To me, the trust wants to protect the 3% shareholding so badly, that it’s at the detriment of what the trust should actually be doing. They don’t represent me, it’s badly organised, and lacks any form of leadership or direction. 

I do appreciate the hard work you put in during your time Tracy, I’m sure there are others too that are not on here. It’s just fundamentally broken is all. 

20 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Let’s be honest, 3% shareholding or not the trust is pointless. It has a seat on the board, usually occupied by a yes man or someone thinking of their own personal interests. The 3% shareholding actually acts as a barrier for those within the trust to ask the pressing questions we need and want answering. Evidence of this is the success of PTB which has been set up by just a few fans. 
The trust claim that it’s better to be on the board as they will hear before anyone else if shit hits the fan, okay that’s fair enough. But it’s made pointless by the fact that there is no contingency in place by the trust if that where to happen. Essentially they would see it happen and know about it, but not be able to act. 
To me, the trust wants to protect the 3% shareholding so badly, that it’s at the detriment of what the trust should actually be doing. They don’t represent me, it’s badly organised, and lacks any form of leadership or direction. 

I do appreciate the hard work you put in during your time Tracy, I’m sure there are others too that are not on here. It’s just fundamentally broken is all. 

It's pointless when left in the hands of the current rep and a certain previous rep, who have become muzzled puppies.

If used effectively, and Phillipa's work to make the club change the accounts as detailed in the most recent update, the 3% becomes much more valuable. Work with he FSA  was beginning to bear fruit before frustration clearly set in. Wish I was in a position to influence.

Is the chap from JP Morgan still on the board?

Surely if the Trust were to fold, the shareholding could be bought by anyone. Would PTB be interested? To stop AL getting his hands on them.

11 minutes ago, al_bro said:

Is the chap from JP Morgan still on the board?

Surely if the Trust were to fold, the shareholding could be bought by anyone. Would PTB be interested? To stop AL getting his hands on them.

No, he's resigned from the Trust. His main role was FLG liaison
A major loss to their credibility, replaced by a nodding dog.
The Trust won't fold initially, it will be full of  Lemsagam acolytes, till they vote to sell the shares back to him for peanuts.

Encouraged by the trust publishing good biographies of the new Directors.  I know nothing of Mike Halliwell other than that plenty on here see him as divisive.  I'll make my own mind up after the new regime have had a chance to demonstrate what they do and how they do it.

18 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Encouraged by the trust publishing good biographies of the new Directors.  I know nothing of Mike Halliwell other than that plenty on here see him as divisive.  I'll make my own mind up after the new regime have had a chance to demonstrate what they do and how they do it.

Agree totally....for obvious reasons the appointment of Mike Halliwell was certain to create a backlash among supporters but along with the rest of the trust board will get my backing and a clean slate for all!!

The new chair is a lifelong supporter, obviously has the club at heart and demonstrates an impressive CV. She appears to have the experience and drive required to make a real impression.

Lets give them our backing and hope they can help get the club and its supporters through what is an incredibly difficult period and come out the other side better and stronger!!

I have posted the link here form those positive comments above....Update from the current chair, assessment of the Trust situation and an SOS for staff

https://trustoldham.co.uk/2020/06/11/introducing-your-new-chair-and-desperately-seeking-new-directors/

I have worked with Philippa, she has the skills the Trust needs and desperate need of leadership right now. I spoke to her yesterday about the vision, review and recruitment of staff to get the right balance and mix it needs.

She is not a push over, will not by bullied but she needs additional help to get that right balance.

I note they are using Zoom, so attendance in person to meetings may no longer be a criteria, but loging in instead.

The AGM has been proposed in July.

It is a challenging time, but the time is now to change it, get involved if you can people.

KEY VACANCIES

We are currently looking for somebody to help us with the following roles that are vital to the running of the trust.   If you would like to get involved please get in touch.

Events & Fund Raising
Supporter Liaison
Business Development
HR / Legal

1 hour ago, deyres42 said:

A great chance for the keyboard warriors to get involved and show us how much better it would be with them doing the steering.

and I believe Trust using modern technology to hold meeting like Zoom...so no excuse with regards to travelling to Oldham for a meeting either.

Good stuff

29 minutes ago, latics22 said:

Hiw did mike h get in? Do u just apply or have to be voted in?

Do you mean Mike Halliwell?

He goes through the same process as any other director, he co-optes first, a "trial period/probationary" to see if the fit suits both parties. Easier exit route too

He will then have to go through an election by the membership at the AGM. Which I believe has been proposed at the end of July. If it is a favourable vote, he will then be registered as a director at companies house

The website does have a basic job description on it...Code of conduct/being a director, which was drafted by me so glad it has been approved.  I will try and find you a link. it says membership in the title (which I am sure they will correct new site with a couple of kinks)

https://trustoldham.co.uk/memebership/board/

Following recent changes by Trust Oldham we have opted to carry out a survey to assess their performance to help with the trusts request for supporters to model their future. All results will be fed back to the trust. Please click the link to read our statement and complete the survey #oafc

http://pushtheboundary.co.uk/trust-survey-12-06-2020

13 minutes ago, adamoafc said:

Following recent changes by Trust Oldham we have opted to carry out a survey to assess their performance to help with the trusts request for supporters to model their future. All results will be fed back to the trust. Please click the link to read our statement and complete the survey #oafc

http://pushtheboundary.co.uk/trust-survey-12-06-2020

I look forward to the Trust carrying out its own survey on the performance of PTB in due course.

30 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

I look forward to the Trust carrying out its own survey on the performance of PTB in due course.

As we have said we have already done one on ourselves which was released on our website. We are more than happy however if someone would like to conduct a further survey. 👍

• 2 weeks later...

Archived