The Trust

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 6 months later...
1 minute ago, Lee Sinnott2 said:

The Trust have confirmed in their latest notes that it is the Trust's preference that the club (Mr Lemsagam) own the ground...

Didn't he have the option to buy the ground?  I'm not sure he could afford the asking price, or else he would have already bought it. 

20 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott2 said:

The Trust have confirmed in their latest notes that it is the Trust's preference that the club (Mr Lemsagam) own the ground...

I'd rather someone else owned it along with the club. Namely, the entire shooting match.

20 hours ago, Lee Sinnott2 said:

On the basis that he and his brother have proved to be beacons of stability, with a good grasp of life in the lower leagues, and their fingers on the pulse of local fans and how to win them over?

I doubt he will be rushing into buying it whilst there's no chance of it making any money. It would just add to the losses at the moment. I wouldn't want AL to get his hands on it at all. The only benefit from him buying it is that it would present a much better buy for a future owner, whether out of admin. or from AL.

On 1/14/2021 at 7:59 PM, Lee Sinnott2 said:

Am sure it’s the pragmatic preference and the lesser of two evils.

key for the trust will doing what they can to ensure the terms on which it is bought are conducive to keeping the club going on a sustainable basis. Covenants regarding how the land is used, conditions around future borrowing against the ground etc can all be written into the contract to purchase and if blitz and AL care for the club then then will ensure that such things are included. Trust need to get involved in this and quick.

The ownership of the stadiumleaves me very conflicted. The owner is a total anchor..on the club, but Blitz selling off/developing piecemeal bits and hemming us in with houses is a real kick in the nads.

I wish none of the above was the option.

Archived