• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well beaten in the end there lads. Promising first half poisoned by that poor goal, and then annihilated in the second  for not having a central defender on the bench, Nguessan at right back, and that ludicrous NFL style penalty from Sylla.

Started ok, Dearnley should have scored at least one.

In the second half, we were poor, Crawley could have scored 6.

heads went down, and not for the first time there was no leader to show any fight or togetherness 

1 minute ago, Gary1906 said:

Explain please? And if so, was he the reason we won 5-0 last week, or was that the players?

Winning well one week, losing heavily the next - that's inconsistency in a nutshell...

Season is over already who ever owns the club next season will put in a place a well thought out player recruitment for next season to improve the starting eleven & subs, improve quality rather than numbers like this season.

Off the field hopefully codswallop & shenanigans will stop so the fans have some thing to look forward to again KTF

10 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

I think you just proved my point. 😂

I’m none the wiser. I’ll leave you to it.

What I will say though is if Smith or Dearnley had taken their chances early on it could have been totally different. Their misses have got nothing to do with the manager. Them getting into goal scoring positions might be though.

21 minutes ago, JoeP said:

Winning well one week, losing heavily the next - that's inconsistency in a nutshell...

I agree that it’s inconsistent but why is that necessarily the managers fault? He named an unchanged team and an unchanged formation from the last match that the same players won 5-0. He doesn’t miss the chances or play poor passes. The players must achieve their own consistency. Last week they looked really good, as they did against Mansfield and Bradford. Don’t remember the manager getting much praise for those performances but when we lose it’s down to him? 

10 minutes ago, Gary1906 said:

I agree that it’s inconsistent but why is that necessarily the managers fault? He named an unchanged team and an unchanged formation from the last match that the same players won 5-0. He doesn’t miss the chances or play poor passes. The players must achieve their own consistency. Last week they looked really good, as they did against Mansfield and Bradford. Don’t remember the manager getting much praise for those performances but when we lose it’s down to him

Yeah, OWTB logic innit. Except when they like the manager, then it works the other way round.

13 minutes ago, Mickey Quinn's testicles said:

I presume it's because whoever picks the team has seen him play or more likely he's injured. Being crap didn't seem to stop Azankpoo playing every week.

I take your point, but we never really have had time to assess whether Egert is crap or not.  Of course as you rightly point out it doesn't seem to make much difference as far as team selection is concerned.

39 minutes ago, RobinsDuckEgg said:

I take your point, but we never really have had time to assess whether Egert is crap or not.  Of course as you rightly point out it doesn't seem to make much difference as far as team selection is concerned.

Think we seen enough to judge that he would be a backup at best.

If he were ever fit enough to be on the bench. 

Why play N’Guessan at right back as sub, when we could have played Mills? If we , allegedly, have money to pay off the debts and buy the ground and land, should we not have the money to extend his contract? 

1 hour ago, Gary1906 said:

I agree that it’s inconsistent but why is that necessarily the managers fault? He named an unchanged team and an unchanged formation from the last match that the same players won 5-0. He doesn’t miss the chances or play poor passes. The players must achieve their own consistency. Last week they looked really good, as they did against Mansfield and Bradford. Don’t remember the manager getting much praise for those performances but when we lose it’s down to him? 

Its quite ridiculous that we blame all the failings on the manager and lump all the praise on the players.

For me its a 5050 split this is a lower mid table league 2 side the manager is a league 2 manager. we've improved marginally since he came in, in fairness I expected us to be much closer to relegation. But its unlikely a better manager would have these players much further up the league. The first thing a better manager would want is to bring in his own players and rip up this squad.

7 minutes ago, stevesidg said:

Why play N’Guessan at right back as sub, when we could have played Mills? If we , allegedly, have money to pay off the debts and buy the ground and land, should we not have the money to extend his contract? 

Yep you've answered your own question there.

I think I’m done for this season, only made it to 8 games and haven’t seen us win!

Biggest issue for me is the lack of desire and a bit of fight, today wasn’t as bad as Cheltenham but once we go behind we just seem to give up....not helped by the changes at the back today admittedly but still no excuse for such a half hearted second half capitulation 

I’ve no faith in this owner or this manager 

21 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

Did anyone who attended see Bassini?

No, but I did see the cameraman behind the goal we were attacking in the second half, aiming at their main stand a lot, maybe he was spotting 

Dino's away record since he became manager

@ Carlisle – L 1-0
@ Mansfield – L 6-1
@ Port Vale – D 0-0
@ Newport - W 0-1
@ Swindon – L 2-0
@ Morecambe – W 1-2
@ Cheltenham – L 3-0
@ Macclesfield – D 1-1
@ Stevenage – D 0-0
@ Salford – D 1-1
@ Crewe – L 2-1
@ Exeter – L 5-1
@ Leyton Orient – D 2-2
@ Crawley – L 3-0

Total P-14 W-2 D-5 L-7 GF-10 GA-27 GD=-17 Points - 11

You can't do anything at any football level if your away record is as bad as that. We are conceding nearly 2 goals a game. 

Given that his away record last season at Stevenage was P-23 W-8 D-7 L-8 Points - 31. I don't necessarily think it's all down to Dino but there is clearly an issue. It needs sorting for next season if AL is to get his 'Championship in 5 years' that he targeted a while ago. 

For comparison Bandied's record was P-5 W-1 D-2 L-2 Points - 5 GF - 6 GA- 9 GD= - 3

If the rumours are true then for a football agent to approve Mills' contract is daft. We presumably ended up with 2 midfielders playing in defence today due to not having any defenders on the bench. Presumably due to not wanting to pick 1 defender and other injuries. The fact that one of those midfielders has been one of the worst players to play for us this season says it all. 

1 hour ago, SweeperKeeper said:

Think we seen enough to judge that he would be a backup at best.

If he were ever fit enough to be on the bench. 

Egert, Mills, Lacovitti all in the gym on Friday. 

None of them looked injured, usually means they are in the naughty boys club, never to play again. 

Fane was in there for months having being banished by Dear Leader. 

Archived