7 minutes ago, Blue Feather said:

Yes, and we would have been bottom for not the changes.... And if you need any proof of that read the pages on here about all the dross thats been moved on.

You have your opinion, and others have theirs, and I have mine, most post a true and reflective version about the game but how can you glean that from 3 minutes of highlights ?? and then slag players off just because of those 3 minutes ?? was it a 3-0 game based on 90 minutes =No , and in relation to Londonboy earlier the pitch was bloody dreadful and cut up to hell. I was approx 25ft away and it was bloody awful.

Its a forum, and to be honest this is no real point posting if you breed complete negativity on 90% of your posts like fecking Clubfoot does, so I might as well just move on as my glass half full might spill !!

Just post your opinion. Don’t get too precious about people not agreeing with you. You get to know the people that only find negatives. Me ? I’m struggling to find many positives about where we are as a team, let alone as a club. 

The bit in bold will only happen if it’s the bottom half that’s empty btw 😩

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Blue Feather said:

Yes, and we would have been bottom for not the changes.... And if you need any proof of that read the pages on here about all the dross thats been moved on.

You have your opinion, and others have theirs, and I have mine, most post a true and reflective version about the game but how can you glean that from 3 minutes of highlights ?? and then slag players off just because of those 3 minutes ?? was it a 3-0 game based on 90 minutes =No , and in relation to Londonboy earlier the pitch was bloody dreadful and cut up to hell. I was approx 25ft away and it was bloody awful.

Its a forum, and to be honest this is no real point posting if you breed complete negativity on 90% of your posts like fecking Clubfoot does, so I might as well just move on as my glass half full might spill !!

I'd say at least 90% of the season has been crap so?  You'll find positive posts from me in the Newport thread and the Danny Rowe topic. 

My comments were based on the highlights which I am happy to admit.  That comment was made to invite people, who were there, to provide more insight on the game.  I just think blaming the pitch and injuries for half hearted attempts to track back and defend is being over positive to say the least.

23 minutes ago, Blue Feather said:

Those 3 minutes were the critcical 3 minutes of the match that won the game for Crawley hence them making the cut for the highlights :)

Tongue now out of cheek. Yes I think we have improved but we have a long long way to go yet to get to a position to what our club should be aiming at in this league which is to be a top 7 team. We've gone from a team that looks like it will be in a relegation scrap to the death and one it might not win, to one that will avoid relegation comfortably but will just be sat in in lower mid table mediocrity. 

30 minutes ago, Blue Feather said:

Or we would have been in the playoffs with better changes?

The club is being run terribly and has been for a long time.  It's no wonder there are lot of negative posts on here.  It's hard to muster up a great deal of positivity over 1 win every few games and some heat lamps.

1 hour ago, nzlatic said:

Or we would have been in the playoffs with better changes?

The club is being run terribly and has been for a long time.  It's no wonder there are lot of negative posts on here.  It's hard to muster up a great deal of positivity over 1 win every few games and some heat lamps.

Yes, I do get that ... I suppose after all the sh*t we have put up with all season, and then the owners, then the ground, then possibly admin, its like a rollercoaster ride through nightmare on elm street, anything positive becomes a shining light .... I suppose I dont want to end up like the grinch...

21 hours ago, Blue Feather said:

Fantastic feedback from you again ?? .... CBJ  will more than likely miss a few games as you could see his hamstring was in trouble, but it doesnt show that in highlights !! Dino should have taken him off earlier , so let's see who is right And watching the highlights you would have seen the state of the pitch ! So asking a winger to run up and down on a bogey pitch doing jockeys makes me exasperated with such a crap post.

We dominated first half and against the run of play conceded through a strikers error. Also, when smith took the shot he was at the 18yard box in the opposition half ?? So a whole pitch and defenders behind him. Second half we lost our Captain and leaving gaps trying to get back in the game.

Try posting some positive aspects in your posts sometimes as it does occasionally make you feel better.

Not on at all in these coronavirus-ridden times. Fed up of players blowing their noses directly on to the pitch. As home team Crawley should carry the can, match result overturned and 3 points to us. Happy days.

53 minutes ago, Blue Feather said:

Yes, I do get that ... I suppose after all the sh*t we have put up with all season, and then the owners, then the ground, then possibly admin, its like a rollercoaster ride through nightmare on elm street, anything positive becomes a shining light .... I suppose I dont want to end up like the grinch...

Lets see what Saturday brings. Based on absolutely nothing, I do fancy us. 

I’ll be there this time to base my opinion on the full 90 👍

40 minutes ago, Clubfootkilkenny said:

Lets see what Saturday brings. Based on absolutely nothing, I do fancy us. 

I’ll be there this time to base my opinion on the full 90 👍

Home to the League Leaders. 

Their confidence dented by last week’s home defeat. 

Our confidence unaffected because losing at Crawley was expected....😂

Recent home form good.

Return of Wellens, Doyle, Hunt, Grant, Lyden, Palmer etc.

600+ Away fans

Joe Royle Stand open. 

Where else would you rather be?

11 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Recent home form good.

600+ Away fans

Joe Royle Stand open. 

Exactly!

is the north stand open or is this just a rumour? I quite enjoyed the Rochdale Road End last game so I’m not sure if I want to return to my normal seat yet.

1 hour ago, TheBigDog said:

Recent home form good.

600+ Away fans

Joe Royle Stand open. 

The pub.

22 hours ago, Pidge said:

You realise Mills is a right back and has played that position only a few times, never once with a proper centre half inside him. Most of the season he has had niggles or not fully fit.  He was just getting fit when he is told he can’t play because of contract issues.  Even so he has often been one of our better players on the pitch. For you to say he is shite calls your opinion into question. 

He's shite 

13 hours ago, disjointed said:

Of course that's your opinion, but from what I have seen of him he is one of the few I would keep, plus he actually looks like he gives a shit. 

It's not a matter of opinion, is it? 

He was player of the season (and captain I think?) in a team that finished about 18th last season.

He's played in 25 of 37 games for another team that will finish about 18th this season and has been largely shite, ocassionally ok, never very good.

Shite.

51 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

He's been marginally better than Hamer for me.

Agree with this.

If it wasn't for the possible fee that we could get for Hamer, I'd probably have picked Mills more regularly at right back.

Mills is an average League Two right back.  However when you consider that he was one of the few signings in the summer who had English league experience, and we bought him to play in the same position as a young prospect who needed game time (when we needed better players in other positions), it's shows just how scattergun our summer recruitment was.

9 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

Recent home form good.

600+ Away fans

Joe Royle Stand open. 

Lyden's not returning, unless he's watching from the stands, he's ruptured 2 ankle ligaments. He's out for the rest of the season, and probably the early portion of next season too. 

20 hours ago, nzlatic said:

After 6 weeks we were 20th.  Now we're 18th.

And now we're 19th after CArlisle beat Newport last night.

If Mansfield win their game in hand we'll be.. 20th. 

Proving your point rather well.

I went, meeting up with my Crawley supporting mate and his son. They felt their highly rated keeper kept them in the game (they were just behind their goal) during the first half. If one had gone in it might have been a different game. I did point put we tend to sit back after a lead and we're not good at defending deep, and so it proved.

Their end saw almost all the action. The pitch was poor, but until this season we were used to that, and it is the same for both sides. The pitch did not stop us venturing forward, we just didn't try very often and were pegged back.

We started off OK, and it was a fairly even first half, albeit with few chances, we seem comfortable stroking the ball around midfield. The second half was turgid, and it was the epitome of our manager and season when we went 4,5,1 when losing  1-0 and then went on to concede more playing defensively.

I think the players were on the beach already, and we lack mental strength and motivation.

I though Crawley, not a great side, but seemed better set up and more motivated. Their manager, plucked from non league but with a decent assistant manager pedigree , joined at the beginning of the year and seemed to more organised not spectacularly so but enough to comfortably beat us.

Looking for positives from that performance is clutching at straws, because it's all about next season now. It's hard to see us being successful next term without replacing the majority of the players and the manager. 

11 hours ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

Agree with this.

If it wasn't for the possible fee that we could get for Hamer, I'd probably have picked Mills more regularly at right back.

Mills is an average League Two right back.  However when you consider that he was one of the few signings in the summer who had English league experience, and we bought him to play in the same position as a young prospect who needed game time (when we needed better players in other positions), it's shows just how scattergun our summer recruitment was.

Hamer's played 85 (EIGHTY FIVE) times...

While he's gone backwards he's still been OK. 

He's scored a couple and been involved in making a few. 

He can slot in at CB like he did Saturday too (yes, I know 😉). 

He's not been much better than Mills but when you've got a player as young as him with that amount of games  already under his belt he's worth sticking with simply on the basis we'll get a good fee for him if at some point in the future he has a good half a season.

Which he probably will, especially once we get a better manager. 

EDIT

Also Mills has only played about 40 more league games than Hamer but all of them in League Two none in League One unlike Hamer who played some of his at the higher level and did very well... 

6 hours ago, singe said:

I went, meeting up with my Crawley supporting mate and his son. They felt their highly rated keeper kept them in the game (they were just behind their goal) during the first half. If one had gone in it might have been a different game. I did point put we tend to sit back after a lead and we're not good at defending deep, and so it proved.

Their end saw almost all the action. The pitch was poor, but until this season we were used to that, and it is the same for both sides. The pitch did not stop us venturing forward, we just didn't try very often and were pegged back.

We started off OK, and it was a fairly even first half, albeit with few chances, we seem comfortable stroking the ball around midfield. The second half was turgid, and it was the epitome of our manager and season when we went 4,5,1 when losing  1-0 and then went on to concede more playing defensively.

I think the players were on the beach already, and we lack mental strength and motivation.

I though Crawley, not a great side, but seemed better set up and more motivated. Their manager, plucked from non league but with a decent assistant manager pedigree , joined at the beginning of the year and seemed to more organised not spectacularly so but enough to comfortably beat us.

Looking for positives from that performance is clutching at straws, because it's all about next season now. It's hard to see us being successful next term without replacing the majority of the players and the manager. 

I usually go to the Crawley game because my sister in law and her husband live in Southwater, not far away. Last season we thumped them 3-0 and Dearnley scored on his debut. To lose there by the same scoreline this season says a lot about our lack of progress under 🤡 and Popeye. Fortunately I couldn't make the game this time!

17 hours ago, HarryBosch said:

It's not a matter of opinion, is it? 

He was player of the season (and captain I think?) in a team that finished about 18th last season.

He's played in 25 of 37 games for another team that will finish about 18th this season and has been largely shite, ocassionally ok, never very good.

Shite.

Bit harsh I think Harry.

In my humble opinion from the 7 games I have seen this season Mills has been marginally better than Hamer. 

More comfortable on the ball

Better going forward

Better situational awareness and calmer

Both have a schoolboy error in their game, 

Agree that Hamer also has some positive points over Mills such as strength and versitility but if both are fit and available for Sat I would choose Mills.

I also think Hamer has gone backwards a bit over the past 18 months and wouldn't be confident we would get anything for him currently. Agree coaching may be the issue....

2 hours ago, Worcester Owl said:

I usually go to the Crawley game because my sister in law and her husband live in Southwater, not far away. Last season we thumped them 3-0 and Dearnley scored on his debut. To lose there by the same scoreline this season says a lot about our lack of progress under 🤡 and Popeye. Fortunately I couldn't make the game this time!

I know Southwater well, my mate's wife (was girlfriend at the time) lived there. We used to go to the Quiz Night at the Cock Inn every week-Monday IIRC.

23 hours ago, singe said:

I know Southwater well, my mate's wife (was girlfriend at the time) lived there. We used to go to the Quiz Night at the Cock Inn every week-Monday IIRC.

A good pub, was closed and I believe has re-opened as the Tipsy Fox. We celebrated the 3-0 last year at the Hen & Chicken, another good one.

Archived