Season suspended until April 30th

6 hours ago, Barry Bosnian said:

So Stevenage get to stay up, play-offs are still going to happen & presumably there'll be 3 down from our League next season...

Not comfortable with League 2 closing the shutters on relegation (but still expecting promotion) and denying a 2nd National League team

promotion as would have occurred via play offs.

For me, if the National League are able to put forward a 2nd team eligible for promotion, either via PPG or hastily arranged play offs then one 

team should depart League 2. Stevenage have been awful and won just 3 (three) games. 

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, AndyGortonsMatches said:

Not comfortable with League 2 closing the shutters on relegation (but still expecting promotion) and denying a 2nd National League team

promotion as would have occurred via play offs.

For me, if the National League are able to put forward a 2nd team eligible for promotion, either via PPG or hastily arranged play offs then one 

team should depart League 2. Stevenage have been awful and won just 3 (three) games. 

Keep them; they may be useful next season...

18 hours ago, League one forever said:

Don’t know who is writing the statements recently, but they need to keep him/her. That response is fair, balanced, and articulate- and dare I say it- professional. 

Must admit I've been thinking the same.

30 minutes ago, Bristolatic said:

Does anyone else think it's strange that the club haven't issued anything about the season ending? Or are they waiting for ratification?

They are waiting for EFL to ratify. Looking forward to the retained list...😮

57 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

They are waiting for EFL to ratify. Looking forward to the retained list...😮

If the management and staff are all on furlough who decides the retained list or bring in new players? they aren't allowed to work, not even voluntarily by law as I understand it. 

The only option would be to bring some out of furlough. 

16 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

If the management and staff are all on furlough who decides the retained list or bring in new players? they aren't allowed to work, not even voluntarily by law as I understand it. 

The only option would be to bring some out of furlough. 

Aren't some workers permitted to work part time with Government agreement, i.e. "part-furloughed".

It shouldn't be a full time job deciding our retained list !

57 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

Aren't some workers permitted to work part time with Government agreement, i.e. "part-furloughed".

It shouldn't be a full time job deciding our retained list !

As far as I know all Latics management and staff are on furlough and can make no decisions until they return back to work.

Perhaps someone can clarify this?

I quote this from Dino.

'When you are on furlough you are not allowed to do any work with the players or anyone at the football club'.

My own view is the Dino and a handful will be brought out of furlough just before 30th June to make crucial decisions.

13 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

As far as I know all Latics management and staff are on furlough and can make no decisions until they return back to work.

I quote this from Dino.

'When you are on furlough you are not allowed to do any work with the players or anyone at the football club'.

My own view is the Dino and a handful will be brought out of furlough just before 30th June to make crucial decisions.

We know everyone is furloughed at BP but on BBC News the other night the Government stated that part time furloughing would be allowed enabling workers to return to work on an ad hoc basis.

2 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

I think it highly unlikely that the Legsamams will be taking a salary/ furloughed and let’s face it, they’re the only ones who will be involved in deciding who stays and who goes.  Unfortunately.

It also wouldn’t surprise me if Dino was not furloughed either and probably isn’t being paid.  There’s something strange about his relationship with the Lemmys and it doesn’t seem to be on an employer/ employee basis.

Regardless BP, ignoring the legal technicalities around the furlough scheme will be rife, particularly in football which operates to a code of its own in most dealings.  There’s nothing to stop company directors talking to one another otherwise no businesses would ever reopen.  Even companies where most staff are furloughed, there will be a few still working dealing with day to day matters even if the normal business activity is shut down.

14 minutes ago, Inspiral_Carpet said:

I think it highly unlikely that the Legsamams will be taking a salary/ furloughed and let’s face it, they’re the only ones who will be involved in deciding who stays and who goes.  Unfortunately.

It also wouldn’t surprise me if Dino was not furloughed either and probably isn’t being paid.  There’s something strange about his relationship with the Lemmys and it doesn’t seem to be on an employer/ employee basis.

Regardless BP, ignoring the legal technicalities around the furlough scheme will be rife, particularly in football which operates to a code of its own in most dealings.  There’s nothing to stop company directors talking to one another otherwise no businesses would ever reopen.  Even companies where most staff are furloughed, there will be a few still working dealing with day to day matters even if the normal business activity is shut down.

You cannot work during full furlough thats the law.

Already some firms are being  prosecuted.

Dino is officially on furlough, directors won't be.

If the  new season starts around September I foresee a last minute batch a free agents brought in. Just hope that  they are Dino's choices.

As I mentioned the answer will be to bring some out of furlough just before the season starts.

10 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

You cannot work during full furlough thats the law.

Already some firms are being  prosecuted.

Dino is officially on furlough, directors won't be.

If the  new season starts around September I foresee a last minute batch a free agents brought in. Just hope that  they are Dino's choices.

As I mentioned the answer will be to bring some out of furlough just before the season starts.

It is also against the law to drive at more than 70mph in a car on the motorway.

This will be impossible to police in small companies which don’t operate in the public domain.

The current Latics regime don’t have a particularly good track record with employment law nor the corporate rules of Government departments such as HMRC.

18 hours ago, Handsy said:

What happens if league one vote the same way  and don’t relegate anyone  surely. There will be no promotion the season should just be made null and void and all start  I. The same divisions next season

I guess that's why promotion from L2 hasn't been confirmed yet.

57 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Does it matter if Dino has a say or not ? He’s just as clueless as the owners. He’s a terrible terrible manager, all words. 
 Half decent motivational speaker at best.  now and again

I suppose it matters in as much as we only have one person to blame for anything that goes wrong rather than the owner, his brother or anyone else on the payroll.

I don't disagree much with your assessment of his managerial ability but would argue that with him in charge we wouldn't have been relegated, as that team probably needed a "kick up the arse" towards the end of the season.

23 hours ago, Handsy said:

What happens if league one vote the same way  and don’t relegate anyone  surely. There will be no promotion the season should just be made null and void and all start  I. The same divisions next season

Only allowable as long as Bolton start on the same deduction again or they've got off scot-free. Oh and Bury are allowed back in.

1 hour ago, AndyGortonsMatches said:

Only allowable as long as Bolton start on the same deduction again or they've got off scot-free. Oh and Bury are allowed back in.

Didn't someone on here say that Bury Fc don't exist anymore, a new club bearing the name Bury wouldn't be able to replace the old one. But I agree with the sentiment. 

6 hours ago, Inspiral_Carpet said:

U think hes al's lover ?

35 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Its somewhat bizarre that absolutely nothing has appeared on the clubs website bearing in mind the concequences here.

Ive no doubt none of us season Ticket holders will be getting a refund of anykind.

We can only assume that they are waiting for the decision to be ratified by the EFL at a board meeting this coming Wednesday before making any official statement.

Also financially the club is on it's knees so I would imagine any decision on how to recompense season ticket holders for the five cancelled matches will need careful consideration. As a season ticket holder myself I would not expect a refund as these are extraordinary circumstances. However maybe in the fullness of time some recognition will be on the agenda.

For the time being I’m just hoping we have a club to support when next season in a few months time 🤞

On 5/15/2020 at 3:41 PM, League one forever said:

Don’t know who is writing the statements recently, but they need to keep him/her. That response is fair, balanced, and articulate- and dare I say it- professional. 

One of the last Trust meetings I attended (about December time), The Trust rep advised that the club were looking at moving the responsibility over from one person, to at least two.

And agreed, they are much better

Archived