Season suspended until April 30th

3 hours ago, nzlatic said:

So are you saying that footballers/coaches/physios etc should be forced to play football and risk catching the virus? Or should the games be played and the players have the choice of playing or not?  

Well I’m forced to go to work or get £83 a week to feed my family. Or are footballers better than the rest of us ? 

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Well I’m forced to go to work or get £83 a week to feed my family. Or are footballers better than the rest of us ? 

Sorry, I don't understand what point you're making?

The government should be putting together a plan to make sure that people aren't put in the awful position you describe.  And to help small businesses/self employed to try and get through this.  While at the same time telling the billionaires who are asking for handouts to protect their industries to fuck off and pay for it themselves.  But I can guess how those things will play out.

But I don't see how footballers being forced to play for our entertainment has any relevance to that?

And if the Premier League doesn’t hold another game until next season, its highly likely the tv companies could ask for c20%  of their fees back.

The ripple affect of that on EFL clubs would be significant 

The CEO of Shrewsbury said they stand to lose around £250000. If that were the case for each L1 and 2 club, then they could be compensated by each Prem. club donating £600000 each, which is peanuts to them. It won' t happen though.

29 minutes ago, al_bro said:

The CEO of Shrewsbury said they stand to lose around £250000. If that were the case for each L1 and 2 club, then they could be compensated by each Prem. club donating £600000 each, which is peanuts to them. It won' t happen though.

Just cant see that happening 

4 hours ago, tGWB said:

And if the Premier League doesn’t hold another game until next season, its highly likely the tv companies could ask for c20%  of their fees back.

The ripple affect of that on EFL clubs would be significant 

If the refund event panned out it would interesting to see if subscribers of TV companies received a refund. 

1 minute ago, GlossopLatic said:

So how the rest of you holding up without a game to get your teeth into.

Don't about the rest of you but I found this football free weekend rather liberating.

Maidenhead 1 v Stockport 2 . Half decent...

this for me with financial aid for lower league clubs to pay players and staff 

✅ End season now
✅ Crown Liverpool champions
✅ No relegation in any league
✅ Current top 2 in EFL leagues go up
✅ 22 team PL league, 5 go down

2 minutes ago, tGWB said:

this for me with financial aid for lower league clubs to pay players and staff 

✅ End season now
✅ Crown Liverpool champions
✅ No relegation in any league
✅ Current top 2 in EFL leagues go up
✅ 22 team PL league, 5 go down

Have you asked a Plymouth fan how that'll work out for them?

4 minutes ago, Matt said:

tbf Matt, you could say similar about teams currently in playoff positions

Someone somewhere in the Premier League and EFL is going to have to make a decision on either to stop the season or try to juggle completing outstanding fixtures if or when the virus restrictions are likely to be lifted

Players aren't immune from the virus, playing games behind closed doors isn't a financial option for lower league clubs and lets be brutally honest, better to cut short a season 75% complete than risk rolling over games into what could be the weeks we normally start a new season

Financial support from the Premier League and EFL would be essential or some clubs might as well give up now

28 minutes ago, tGWB said:

tbf Matt, you could say similar about teams currently in playoff positions

Someone somewhere in the Premier League and EFL is going to have to make a decision on either to stop the season or try to juggle completing outstanding fixtures if or when the virus restrictions are likely to be lifted

Players aren't immune from the virus, playing games behind closed doors isn't a financial option for lower league clubs and lets be brutally honest, better to cut short a season 75% complete than risk rolling over games into what could be the weeks we normally start a new season

Financial support from the Premier League and EFL would be essential or some clubs might as well give up now

I stopped myself from mentioning the play-off teams to be honest with you - it's fair to assume that someone will always lose out if the season is not played to it's conclusion.

22 minutes ago, oafcmetty said:

To be fair with Bury gone, L1 needs an extra club up anyway

56 minutes ago, Matt said:

It does, so teams in  automatic promotion slots in the EFL get promoted with no relegations

13 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

So how the rest of you holding up without a game to get your teeth into.

Don't about the rest of you but I found this football free weekend rather liberating.

Living in Ramsbottom I'm now a glory hunter and watching them (they're 2nd currently).

Home v Kendal on Tuesday and home v Colne on Saturday.

It's not a problem keeping a social distance from other fans.

14 hours ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

image.thumb.jpeg.1f71196ee31f0c966bc3cb2df3c4d413.jpeg

l heard she got sacked after she got caught riding the security guard reverse cowgirl in the photo booth, whilst eating a massive bag of stolen pick n mix. Altho tbf she did say she was goin to pay for the pick n mix on her break, so.

The reality is that by far the most straightforward and fairest way to finish things is for the season to restart when everything is up and running again and then to have a short break followed by the new season.

Scrap the cups for next season so everything catches up and we finish in time for Euro 2021. Pay a sum to the cup broadcasters as compensation which will be a lot less than the inevitable litigation by whichever teams are negatively affected by a unilateral decision to end the season.

46 minutes ago, jsslatic said:

The reality is that by far the most straightforward and fairest way to finish things is for the season to restart when everything is up and running again and then to have a short break followed by the new season.

Scrap the cups for next season so everything catches up and we finish in time for Euro 2021. Pay a sum to the cup broadcasters as compensation which will be a lot less than the inevitable litigation by whichever teams are negatively affected by a unilateral decision to end the season.

Sounds a good idea, albeit just on the Cups I'm not sure about scrapping the FA Cup as it is a lifeline for some clubs esp non league. But the both the Carabao Cups would't really be missed.

I think the FA /PL might need to do a one off solidarity payment, but whether they do or not. who knows. Funny things is, if they did right down the League, they'd get a tremendous amount of goodwill and negate a lot of criticism.

I don't mean win bonusses, but operating costs would be a lifeline. i  guess at a cost of some screening of other matches, but hopefully 3pm remains sacrosanct,

Archived