Official COVID-19 megathread

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The amount of people threatening to use their plague holiday to learn to play the ukelele is terrifying. There's about to be thousands of fucking terrible versions of classic rock songs uploaded to YouTube isn't there. 

Just a quickie - and I have no connection here with the police or the victim.

Greater Manchester Police were called to a distraction burglary of a 92 year old woman's house on Grasmere Road Royton OLDHAM on Thursday night at 7.30pm.

The scum offered to clean the woman's house because of the Coronavirus threat. Whilst finding cleaning materials they stole her purse, jewellery etc.

One offender was described as having an olive skin complexion, the other was wearing a bobble hat.

The victim was unhurt but left distraught.

These people need putting down - any information please to G M Police -0161 856 8922 incident number 2104 of 02/04/20.

Thanks in advance if you have any information - this has made my blood boil - bastards!!

Brian.

On 4/2/2020 at 1:08 PM, oafcmetty said:

It's hard to find a description for low life, pond life, scum like this. Dregs of the earth and not fit to be part of the human race. May they become infected and die alone in agony. Whilst not infecting anyone else, of course.

I haven’t posted on here in a while but just a short note to wish all my fellow Latics fans well... 

I really can’t wait for this to pass and normality to resume - and it will resume...

The pints in the Rifle Range and in the town will taste sweeter than ever.

And apologies in advance for the now traditional post match bad efforts at karaoke in the Buck and Union. 

Keep well everyone. 

20 hours ago, Millibob said:

Thank's for that BP - I wasn't aware it had gone public yet, my information cam from a home watch e-mail.

These are sick people.

Take care out there everyone.

Regular viewer on here but very rarely post. Read this earlier and was, naturally, disgusted.

Just on the phone to my mum now and she told me that the victim of this is actually a close family friend, doubly gutting as she's such kind and lovely person. I'm not on any other social media and not given to fanning flames, especially at the outset of a police investigation, but the police have encouraged her family and friends to spread some word of this so that it might help them potentially detect offenders and hopefully at least deter them from acting in the same way again; if anyone did want to share this on social media, feel free. She has had a lot stolen, most of it gold jewellery. Her late husband (probably died over 20 years ago) was a mason, and among their haul the offenders have ripped off some distinctive masonic gold chains, likely without knowing what they were.

They also took her purse. In the purse she has a medical card that states she's on warfarin, and this card has her address on it. As a result, the purse was found and handed in this week in Halifax, so there may be some connection to this location.

Just wanted to share this in case the details become useful (you never know), as they are not published in the news article. On a more positive note, my mum has been in touch with her and she seems to be holding up well, and has a lot of family and friends to support.

1 hour ago, Petewill said:

Regular viewer on here but very rarely post. Read this earlier and was, naturally, disgusted.

Just on the phone to my mum now and she told me that the victim of this is actually a close family friend, doubly gutting as she's such kind and lovely person. I'm not on any other social media and not given to fanning flames, especially at the outset of a police investigation, but the police have encouraged her family and friends to spread some word of this so that it might help them potentially detect offenders and hopefully at least deter them from acting in the same way again; if anyone did want to share this on social media, feel free. She has had a lot stolen, most of it gold jewellery. Her late husband (probably died over 20 years ago) was a mason, and among their haul the offenders have ripped off some distinctive masonic gold chains, likely without knowing what they were.

They also took her purse. In the purse she has a medical card that states she's on warfarin, and this card has her address on it. As a result, the purse was found and handed in this week in Halifax, so there may be some connection to this location.

Just wanted to share this in case the details become useful (you never know), as they are not published in the news article. On a more positive note, my mum has been in touch with her and she seems to be holding up well, and has a lot of family and friends to support.

Thanks for the update Pete - I hope she makes a full recovery - it will be hard at her age but we can hope.

It's good she has family and friends in this difficult time.

Keep safe.

Brian.

1 hour ago, Petewill said:

I should think they will already have criminal records and left forensic evidence in several places, including the purse, so I've no doubt the despicable culprits will be soon apprehended, I just hope they don't fall into the category of too young to be named. They  must be named and shamed.

3 hours ago, oafcmetty said:

Is that the first time OWTB has ever gone 24h without a post? Hope everyone is enjoying the nice weather.

Apart from the fact that UV light kills viruses I'd rather it was pissing it down in all honesty. 

26 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Apart from the fact that UV light kills viruses I'd rather it was pissing it down in all honesty. 

You clearly don't have young kids living at home! I think I'd have killed myself if it had pissed it down for the past 3 weeks.

10 hours ago, oafcmetty said:

You clearly don't have young kids living at home! I think I'd have killed myself if it had pissed it down for the past 3 weeks.

I'm 57. If I had young kids at home I'd be certifiable!! 😂 

Archived