Official COVID-19 megathread

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

I've just gone from this thread back to a training Webex I'm having to sit through all day and one of the other participants is only called Paul Nuttall.... 😲😂

Of the UKIPs? Tell him to go back where he came from. 

1 hour ago, Chorlton_Latic said:

"'In the old days you could get your head and submerge it in a vat of boiling acid. But now people are saying don't do that, what if Jews see it?'"

It's political correctness gone mad.

21 hours ago, Bristolatic said:

Cheers Dave. Not my cup of tea, I'm afraid. Maybe it's my age, maybe I just don't appreciate modern day comedy, maybe I'm just a miserable old sod,  but I never even managed a smile in the first 5 minutes. 

At least I know who he is now. I'd honestly never heard of him, or t'other bloke that someone mentioned. Sorry.

I don't rate many of the so called stand up comics these days. Hardly any are funny, and most rely on swearing to try and get people to laugh. Something that Tommy Cooper never needed to do.

19 minutes ago, al_bro said:

I don't rate many of the so called stand up comics these days. Hardly any are funny, and most rely on swearing to try and get people to laugh. Something that Tommy Cooper never needed to do.

The chap we are discussing has had an active comedy career that has run for 35 years now; he's shown his talent is a bit more than skin deep. He very rarely swears either. Some are good, some aren't. Some are to people's taste, some aren't. Twas ever thus. 

Just to let people know, the hospital is now barring all visitors. They're now only allowing birthing partners, parents/responsible adults accompanying a child and people visiting a relative on end of life care. Hopefully this escalation also means I am now allowed to shoot people jogging around the hospital grounds on sight. 

Its going to be interesting to see how this changes things right now quite alot of questions really when its all over.

- How does this effect the NHS long term will they get the funding and respect they deserve.

- Will we see a recession and what will be the economic fallout that £330billion hasn't come out of nowhere?

- Will companies start looking at working from home more favourably. Something that could well improve employee employer relationships it will also help our carbon footprint if we were all allowed to work from home 1 day a week.

- How will we adapt and react to the next pandemic. Bill Gates has had alot to say and gave a very interesting interview on CNN the other day about this.

Im also looking forward to the pissup once this has all finished.

14 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Its going to be interesting to see how this changes things right now quite alot of questions really when its all over.

- How does this effect the NHS long term will they get the funding and respect they deserve.

- Will we see a recession and what will be the economic fallout that £330billion hasn't come out of nowhere?

- Will companies start looking at working from home more favourably. Something that could well improve employee employer relationships it will also help our carbon footprint if we were all allowed to work from home 1 day a week.

- How will we adapt and react to the next pandemic. Bill Gates has had alot to say and gave a very interesting interview on CNN the other day about this.

Im also looking forward to the pissup once this has all finished.

The 1dt night they open the pubs might be one to swerve, it will be carnage. And hopefully by then my home brew will be par excellence. 

21 hours ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

Do you know, these days. If you say you're English. You get arrested and thrown in jail. These days.

I say the brightest and the best Huguenot's stay in 16th Century France and concentrate on revising it's relationship with the euchrastic tradition, instead over coming over here to teach us how to make hats out of lace.

1 hour ago, rosa said:

Just to let people know, the hospital is now barring all visitors. They're now only allowing birthing partners, parents/responsible adults accompanying a child and people visiting a relative on end of life care. Hopefully this escalation also means I am now allowed to shoot people jogging around the hospital grounds on sight. 

Bloody hell Rosa that is an interesting new hobby you have taken up....Me?

Learned how to make bread after the 4th attempt....attempts 1, 2 and 3 could have been used by the army to fend off invaders they were that rock hard.

Recycled some wool and completed the dementia twiddle mittens i had started and age ago for a local residential home, now on knitting stuff for prem babies at the hospital. hope to drop them off once this is all over

Discovered that my hands are that sanitised that they are now cracking up...literally

Discovered the true colour of the lino down in my house...its not off white and its no longer foggy looking out of my windows either...christ I hate housework

and today...learnt that the mandoline (for food prep) is a deadly weapon and can double up as a removal of your finger prints....and fingers....self bandaging is a bugger as well when you are one hand down

This is only week two.......aagghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..... and breath

How is everyone else coping?

I am actually on week six, after being ill and then having surgery.

I would have been back in work but the doc said no and I got my letter from the NHS telling me to isolate for 12 weeks. The days are beginning to lose their identity as actual days of the week but they are not dragging funnily enough and I am finding stuff to do. Thing is, I cannot go out in public at all due to the high risk, so the garden is my only refuge from the four walls of the house. My wife is doing the fetching and carrying food wise and beer wise, of course. 

Onward and upward... :D 

10 hours ago, Wardie said:

I am actually on week six, after being ill and then having surgery.

I would have been back in work but the doc said no and I got my letter from the NHS telling me to isolate for 12 weeks. The days are beginning to lose their identity as actual days of the week but they are not dragging funnily enough and I am finding stuff to do. Thing is, I cannot go out in public at all due to the high risk, so the garden is my only refuge from the four walls of the house. My wife is doing the fetching and carrying food wise and beer wise, of course. 

Onward and upward... :D 

Glad you are on the mend, shame the weather has turned a tad chilly as I was enjoying the garden as well, but not brave enough to paint the fence panels yet as it takes an age with a paint brush.

May have to learn next to play the guitar I bought nearly 20 years ago...hahah

Keep safe

15 minutes ago, underdog said:

Glad you are on the mend, shame the weather has turned a tad chilly as I was enjoying the garden as well, but not brave enough to paint the fence panels yet as it takes an age with a paint brush.

Keep safe

I bought a little spray gun from B&Q. You do it in a fraction of the time. Almost enjoyable. It still sits below shredding branches and jet washing though. 

37 minutes ago, underdog said:

Keep safe

I've got a uke at the back of the wardrobe, going to dust it down and try to learn how to play it. 

1 hour ago, Magic Mikey said:

I bought a little spray gun from B&Q. You do it in a fraction of the time. Almost enjoyable. It still sits below shredding branches and jet washing though. 

its lower than that on my list...hahah. Although I have got concrete paint for the post to use up as well.

Already sorted the back garden out, low maintenance plants, veggies and fruits in grow bags...well accept the pear tree....it bore 30 plus pears last year and I don't really like them, failing miserably at strawberries....only get about three a season.

1 hour ago, disjointed said:

I've got a uke at the back of the wardrobe, going to dust it down and try to learn how to play it. 

whats a uke?....is it a ukelele?...I have always fancied learning that since I saw Billy Connelly playing his

We may have to start up a latics beginners band....oh dear...heheh

36 minutes ago, underdog said:

its lower than that on my list...hahah. Although I have got concrete paint for the post to use up as well.

Already sorted the back garden out, low maintenance plants, veggies and fruits in grow bags...well accept the pear tree....it bore 30 plus pears last year and I don't really like them, failing miserably at strawberries....only get about three a season.

Vanilla spiced pear butter. Nothing better.

Archived