Boxing at BP?

I know the club/landlord were branching out it this kind of stuff close season. (unsure who)

I was booked for a "sing-along" Greatest showman this month. Bring your own picnic, hire a deck chair, have a sing a long to the the movie...buy your alcohol at the ground etc.

Looking at the weather, I am pretty miffed its now postponed...hahah

They should do stuff like this, drive thru/pop up cinema on the main car park etc. Much needed extra revenue

Never happening. Not for a world title anyway. Heffron isn’t ranked by any of the governing bodies, he’d have to beat a few ranked contenders before he became mandatory challenger and I don’t think he’s good enough to mix with the best guys at the weight in order to earn himself a mandatory shot. And should he ever be gifted the chance to challenge for a world title as a voluntary defence, he’ll be the away fighter going to the other dude’s back yard. Ain’t no champion coming to Boundary Park to defend their title.

1 hour ago, Dave_Og said:

Well I've zero interest in boxing but rather that than a singalong musical!! 

I agree totally about the singalong musical - it must be a chick thing...

However, before the lockdown shut my local pub, we had a band called The Cockney Sparrows playing on ‘Burger Night’. (We know how to live down here...). They played all your East End favourites ‘Lambeth Walk’ ‘Rollout The Barrel’ etc. And even provided song-sheets.

Singalong? I should Coco...😀

17 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

I agree totally about the singalong musical - it must be a chick thing...

However, before the lockdown shut my local pub, we had a band called The Cockney Sparrows playing on ‘Burger Night’. (We know how to live down here...). They played all your East End favourites ‘Lambeth Walk’ ‘Rollout The Barrel’ etc. And even provided song-sheets.

Singalong? I should Coco...😀

Find a new local when they reopen

2 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

Find a new local when they reopen

Nah. It’s a magnificent pub. Two hundred yards from my front door and the landlord keeps his beer just about perfect.

To quote some of the words from the theme to ‘Cheers’:

“Sometimes you want to go
Where everybody knows your name,
And they're always glad you came”

Besides, it’s the only pub in the village. 😎

21 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Nah. It’s a magnificent pub. Two hundred yards from my front door and the landlord keeps his beer just about perfect.

To quote some of the words from the theme to ‘Cheers’:

“Sometimes you want to go
Where everybody knows your name,
And they're always glad you came”

Besides, it’s the only pub in the village. 😎

In that case it's only a yellow card and a stern look

On 5/7/2020 at 8:45 AM, oafcmetty said:

Just noticed whilst reading this.....

“We did tentatively look at doing something there this summer but the pitch is being re-laid so that was a non-starter and we’re looking at next year.”

6 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

“We did tentatively look at doing something there this summer but the pitch is being re-laid so that was a non-starter and we’re looking at next year.”

I noticed that. I wonder if it's a new pitch or just general maintenance (if we can still afford it).

7 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

I'd guess that hasn't aged well

19 hours ago, al_bro said:

I noticed that. I wonder if it's a new pitch or just general maintenance (if we can still afford it).

Still looked the same pitch when I looked in yesterday.

Albeit in good condition.

17 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

There's no way on earth that a new pitch is being funded now. He'd have to way madder than we have assumed. 

6 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Fleetwood's owner was on TV the other day regarding clubs in the lower leagues and the virus. Their pitch had already been done. No grass on it at all, just tractor marks where the grass had been scraped off.

5 minutes ago, al_bro said:

Fleetwood's owner was on TV the other day regarding clubs in the lower leagues and the virus. Their pitch had already been done. No grass on it at all, just tractor marks where the grass had been scraped off.

That was a bold move before the season has actually been called off 

Archived