Online event with Peter Clarke 21.05.20

I rated Peter Clarke very highly but as  good a player and captain as he was for us.....I fail to understand why anyone would be remotely interested in a 

Q & A session with an ex player who only played here for just a couple of seasons?

37 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

I rated Peter Clarke very highly but as  good a player and captain as he was for us.....I fail to understand why anyone would be remotely interested in a 

Q & A session with an ex player who only played here for just a couple of seasons?

The way he was treated by the club when he left is still bitter for me not to mention loaning him back to Bury the season we went down.

8 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

You said it yourself.. a good player and captain. He played 107 times for us and gave his all in every game. He was a leader both on and off the pitch. I have nothing but respect for this guy.

And if that doesn’t convince you then there is THAT goal at Chesterfield 😎

🎣?

11 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

He's like one of the few players we've had in recent seasons you could actually root for. 

Not many ex-players would bother to take time out to do this. It shows he still has a fond relationship with the Latics fans, if not the owners, and maybe wans to tell it as it is now that his career is probably ended. I would have him back as a defensive coach any time, or even as a rookie manager.

5 minutes ago, al_bro said:

Not many ex-players would bother to take time out to do this. It shows he still has a fond relationship with the Latics fans, if not the owners, and maybe wans to tell it as it is now that his career is probably ended. I would have him back as a defensive coach any time, or even as a rookie manager.

I was thinking something similar, re after the end of his footy career.

Go on I will let you log that question for him

6 hours ago, al_bro said:

I'd imagine after the q and q we wont be seeing him here for a while....

23 hours ago, underdog said:

I was thinking something similar, re after the end of his footy career.

Go on I will let you log that question for him

Question logged thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/27/2020 at 4:54 PM, laticsrblue said:

Is there a link somewhere to a video of this zoom interview.

Seeing as no-one from the Trust could be arsed to tell us OWTB readers where to find the interview  I found the link myself.

For OWTB reader's ears only here is the soundcloud link.  It's a good listen - thanks Trust Oldham.

1 hour ago, laticsrblue said:

Seeing as no-one from the Trust could be arsed to tell us OWTB readers where to find the interview  I found the link myself.

For OWTB reader's ears only here is the soundcloud link.  It's a good listen - thanks Trust Oldham.

TBH.  I don't think there any Trust people left who do use OWTB.

But, it did say in the comms ploicy that this was one of the sites to update.

I am sensing they are that short staff they are just hitting their own sites with info, twitter website and Trust FB page

i believe someone has now been tasked to pick up membership so members should be part of this soon.

Archived