Potential new owners?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, Latics_Fanatic said:

Harry Redknapp won’t go north of Watford.

Annoyingly, Ashley would probably be better than our current owner.

I’d take Ashley. His money would go a lot further in the fourth division. 

Besides we already have the fact that both St James Park and Boundary Park were once called Sports Direct.com Arena/ Park in common. And his record of hiring and firing managers is familiar too 😎

Arry would get bored and bugger off. Ashley saw Newcastle as one of the few clubs he could make money out of. Id imagine both will be looking for a club in the Championship probably a southern one who they could take into the Premiership.

1 hour ago, GlossopLatic said:

Arry would get bored and bugger off. Ashley saw Newcastle as one of the few clubs he could make money out of. Id imagine both will be looking for a club in the Championship probably a southern one who they could take into the Premiership.

Redknapp said L1, 2 or conference.  I'd guess Southend and Dagenham would be obvious contenders.

1 hour ago, GlossopLatic said:

Arry  and Latics fans have one thing in common, they both thought Alan Groves was brilliant.

3 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Harry Redknapp and Mike Ashley are looking are  looking to buy a lower league club..any thoughts on either?

Are they looking as individuals or a partnership? If they are separate I would prefer Arry, but as Latics Fanatic says he won't want a Northern club. Ashley would be very controversial and would be looking to make money out of it. We don't have a big enough fan base for him, even if he was willing to start in L2.

1 hour ago, League one forever said:

Does anybody think AL would sell?  I don’t.

I think it would need to be relatively silly money (which no one will pay, especially  with blitz wanting his cut as well) for him to do one. 

He may not get a choice

2 hours ago, League one forever said:

Does anybody think AL would sell?  I don’t.

I think it would need to be relatively silly money (which no one will pay, especially  with blitz wanting his cut as well) for him to do one. 

Abdallah has spent and lost a lot of money  since buying parts of the club - I imagine that debts have increased sharply in the past three months. He may not be able to carry on alone or even at all 🤔

6 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

He may not get a choice

4 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

Abdallah has spent and lost a lot of money  since buying parts of the club - I imagine that debts have increased sharply in the past three months. He may not be able to carry on alone or even at all 🤔

Both rational and fair, but there’s something about him that says to me he enjoys the ego and kudos of owning the club more than what he’s lost financially. Pragmatic and balanced aren’t his attributes. 

I think he’d be more than comfortable under the cloud of corona to keep cutting back and own us in non league.  Rather  than sell, cut his losses and swallow his pride. 

7 hours ago, League one forever said:

Both rational and fair, but there’s something about him that says to me he enjoys the ego and kudos of owning the club more than what he’s lost financially. Pragmatic and balanced aren’t his attributes. 

I think he’d be more than comfortable under the cloud of corona to keep cutting back and own us in non league.  Rather  than sell, cut his losses and swallow his pride. 

He can't necessarily control whether admin looms

16 minutes ago, OAFC_ULTRA said:

If the club finances go tits up him and that numpty in the fleece will blame corona virus and some idiots will believe them. I hope the club gets through this and a new owner can be found but im not optimistic 

However, you cannot deny that If the club finances do go tits up Coronavirus will have played a part. Just how big a part is yet to be determined but the longer it takes to get the 20/21 season underway with fans in attendance, the greater the impact will be.

19 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

However, you cannot deny that If the club finances do go tits up Coronavirus will have played a part. Just how big a part is yet to be determined but the longer it takes to get the 20/21 season underway with fans in attendance, the greater the impact will be.

Although with only half a dozen players left in a month's time the expenses will be way down

1 hour ago, Dave_Og said:

Although with only half a dozen players left in a month's time the expenses will be way down

Fair comment. But just wait for the mad scramble for players when/if the season does finally get the go ahead.

11 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Fair comment. But just wait for the mad scramble for players when/if the season does finally get the go ahead.

And with our recent track record/reputation I’m sure we’ll be well down the pecking order for the better ones 

1 hour ago, Dave_Og said:

Premier  league proposes an open transfer window for loanees to sign for lower division clubs.

If the Huddersfield owner is anywhere near right, then potential buyers will have a lucrative choice. How many National League teams will survive? 

The CEO of Astra Zeneca has said that he is very confident the vaccine created by the team in Oxford will by successful. They will make 1bn. by the end of the year, and It will be available from September. They will know for sure in late June, and the Government has ordered 100m vaccines. If this happens, I would expect next season would probably start in October, with the transfer window opened up until then. 

1 hour ago, al_bro said:

If the Huddersfield owner is anywhere near right, then potential buyers will have a lucrative choice. How many National League teams will survive? 

The CEO of Astra Zeneca has said that he is very confident the vaccine created by the team in Oxford will by successful. They will make 1bn. by the end of the year, and It will be available from September. They will know for sure in late June, and the Government has ordered 100m vaccines. If this happens, I would expect next season would probably start in October, with the transfer window opened up until then. 

You got shares in Astra Zeneca?

Archived