3 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

Is a possible way round this to show games over the internet through Latics player and say charge £10 a game?

Would people be prepared to pay to see next season that way?

I guess they would have the take up figures from midweek games the last two seasons. I believe about £8 goes to the club.

Would people pay £15 to increase the club's income, or not bother at all because the money would go to AL. 

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, al_bro said:

I guess they would have the take up figures from midweek games the last two seasons. I believe about £8 goes to the club.

Would people pay £15 to increase the club's income, or not bother at all because the money would go to AL. 

I have read nothing good about iFollow. Hardly a recommendation 

3 hours ago, al_bro said:

Put it like this if they made it about £10 a go online then I would probably watch as many games as I have done this season probably more. It wouldn't go to AL it would go to paying the staff salaries their would be very little leftover for him.

2 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

That maybe the case however looking round their doesn't appear any other logistical way of getting people to watch the games or potentially pay for the clubs wage bill. It could be this or nothing.

11 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Put it like this if they made it about £10 a go online then I would probably watch as many games as I have done this season probably more. It wouldn't go to AL it would go to paying the staff salaries their would be very little leftover for him.

That maybe the case however looking round their doesn't appear any other logistical way of getting people to watch the games or potentially pay for the clubs wage bill. It could be this or nothing.

There's no way enough people will pay for that 

21 hours ago, underdog said:

I have seen somewhere a club trying out something similar to a drive through cinema. Maybe an option on the main car park on a big screen.

Just need our goalscorer to be able to celebration run through the car park then haha

Somebody contact Tifosy.

What a mess!  The lock down appears to have been the creation of healthcare where every life must be saved without regard to the cost or indirect consequences.  An NHS that has given up the day job,  mass unemployment,  ruined economy,  impact on mental health,  children removed from education and all those people who will lose their lives as a consequence from suicide to the failure of GPs to identify who needs help now.  Even worse the message has created a population with an irrational fear of SARS-CoV-2.

Undoubtedly there is risk but the people who should take action to avoid getting Covid-19 are the old and those with a pre existing condition.  If you are a child or young or middle aged and you are fit and healthy the sacrifices you are being asked to make are out of all proportion to the risk.  This penny will drop eventually.

I agree that football must have an audience.  There is no point playing league 2 matches behind closed doors.  The problem is when will common sense prevail and everyone realise that we have to live with the Wuhan virus rather than trying to make it go away.  It is here to stay and coronaviruses are tricksy.

44 minutes ago, Hands on said:

What a mess!  The lock down appears to have been the creation of healthcare where every life must be saved without regard to the cost or indirect consequences.  An NHS that has given up the day job,  mass unemployment,  ruined economy,  impact on mental health,  children removed from education and all those people who will lose their lives as a consequence from suicide to the failure of GPs to identify who needs help now.  Even worse the message has created a population with an irrational fear of SARS-CoV-2.

Undoubtedly there is risk but the people who should take action to avoid getting Covid-19 are the old and those with a pre existing condition.  If you are a child or young or middle aged and you are fit and healthy the sacrifices you are being asked to make are out of all proportion to the risk.  This penny will drop eventually.

I agree that football must have an audience.  There is no point playing league 2 matches behind closed doors.  The problem is when will common sense prevail and everyone realise that we have to live with the Wuhan virus rather than trying to make it go away.  It is here to stay and coronaviruses are tricksy.

Ah yes, the "I'm alright Jack!" argument.

The approach seems to have been to have a steady drip of infection so as not to overload the NHS and build up immunity, which is OK but long-winded, and may delay the pandemic long enough for a vaccine to emerge.

I'm not sure what's the best approach but our Government seem to have been on the back foot from day one.

2 hours ago, Hands on said:

Undoubtedly there is risk but the people who should take action to avoid getting Covid-19 are the old and those with a pre existing condition.

And those of Black, Asian and minority ethnic backgrounds... oh and those that are deemed to be obese. 

So as long as the healthy among us do not come into contact with anyone in the ‘at risk’ categories we’ll be okay.

New government message: “Lose weight, avoid the old and fat, we’ll be ‘reet”.

it’s got a certain ring to it 😃

On 6/2/2020 at 5:20 PM, Dave_Og said:

This season I watched all of the videos of matches in full with commentary - can't remember many issues with it.  So yes, I'd recommend it.

4 hours ago, Hands on said:

What a load of bollocks.

The testament to the brain washingby certain media that 60,000 deaths can just be ignored and dismissed is shockng.

Money, the price of everything and value of nothing in stark view again,

24 minutes ago, singe said:

What a load of bollocks.

The testament to the brain washingby certain media that 60,000 deaths can just be ignored and dismissed is shockng.

Money, the price of everything and value of nothing in stark view again,

Its more nuanced though surely? The OP makes a valid point that we can't become a one issue society and shut down the global economy for years. Roughly 150,000 people die every day across the world from a variety of causes, many of them preventable sadly

Less economic activity will undoubtedly lead to higher death rates across many categories in the coming years if we become too myopic

To some extent, the OP is also right: focus on those at most risk and give them proper support and protection whilst most of us carry on as normal.... surely this is the underlying logic of the NHS,  our tax system and our social welfare and other safety nets? The data appears to have been consistent across the globe from the start that this virus is only a serious risk to certain groups and I wonder if we had put all of our efforts in to protecting them rather than spreading ourselves too thinly and trying to "save everyone" then perhaps our death rates could have been lower and the economic and social problems we have inadvertently caused much less. 

Luckily, I am not in charge and we have experts like BoJo and Priti Patel so everything should be fine 

Of course you might believe I'm one of the fit and healthy young or middle aged.  I'm not but my children and my children's children are.

My views are based on reviewing the information I can find on coronaviruses, it is out there, and the impact lockdown has had and is having.  Put simply if the children, young and middle aged had been allowed to get on with life our NHS would undoubtedly have coped (look at the numbers).  Our society would not be under threat and our economy heading for a depression with millions needlessly unemployed.

Open your eyes!  Who do you think is going to suffer most in the years to come - the children, the young and the middle aged.  Why should they sacrifice their future for those who in the main only have a past.

32 minutes ago, Hands on said:

Of course you might believe I'm one of the fit and healthy young or middle aged.  I'm not but my children and my children's children are.

My views are based on reviewing the information I can find on coronaviruses, it is out there, and the impact lockdown has had and is having.  Put simply if the children, young and middle aged had been allowed to get on with life our NHS would undoubtedly have coped (look at the numbers).  Our society would not be under threat and our economy heading for a depression with millions needlessly unemployed.

Open your eyes!  Who do you think is going to suffer most in the years to come - the children, the young and the middle aged.  Why should they sacrifice their future for those who in the main only have a past.

You think if there was no lockdown, the NHS wouldn't have been overwhelmed? 

13 hours ago, Hands on said:

Let me guess

You voted for Brexit?

Your education was at the "university of life" and the "school of hard knocks?

You read a Daily?

No offense but Id rather take the advice of the worlds leading scientist's than you.

14 hours ago, Hands on said:

reading your post I'm surprised you haven't added it could just be natures way of removing the 'frail and weak' so they're less of a burden on pensions and the young and middle aged might well not have to work until they're 66/67 with a good clear out  

15 hours ago, Hands on said:

1 hour ago, GlossopLatic said:

Let me guess

You voted for Brexit?

Your education was at the "university of life" and the "school of hard knocks?

You read a Daily?

No offense but Id rather take the advice of the worlds leading scientist's than you.

And Dom was very hard done by.

And doesn't everyone drive 30 miles to test their eyeseight.

And Eugenics is something to consider under freedom of speech.

10 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

I said very early on that they were world renowned and new what they were doing. That belief took a knock for me when one of them said in the daily briefing, that someone attending a football match with the virus, only infected people sat around them. I presume this person simply floated in and out of their seat and never went to the toilet or bar.

There record so far compared to other countries isn't great. They should have taken far more notice of countries used to handling these outbreaks like Germany and others did. There was plenty of warning of what might happen from Italy.

No doubt there will be another upturn in the infections and deaths, after the demonstrations this week.  

4 hours ago, al_bro said:

I said very early on that they were world renowned and new what they were doing. That belief took a knock for me when one of them said in the daily briefing, that someone attending a football match with the virus, only infected people sat around them. I presume this person simply floated in and out of their seat and never went to the toilet or bar.

There record so far compared to other countries isn't great. They should have taken far more notice of countries used to handling these outbreaks like Germany and others did. There was plenty of warning of what might happen from Italy.

No doubt there will be another upturn in the infections and deaths, after the demonstrations this week.  

Your confusing Boris Johnsons failing government with the scientists.

5 hours ago, LaticMark said:

Latics is now in a position to confirm the arrangements for receiving a refund on the home games that have not been played following the decision by the EFL to curtail the 2019/20 League Two campaign.

https://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/2020/june/12062020-ticket-refund-information/

Some reasonable choices there.

14 hours ago, LaticMark said:

Latics is now in a position to confirm the arrangements for receiving a refund on the home games that have not been played following the decision by the EFL to curtail the 2019/20 League Two campaign.

https://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/2020/june/12062020-ticket-refund-information/

9 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Some reasonable choices there.

Agree. Decent.

Archived