2 hours ago, LaticMark said:

"A one-off fee of £250 (£225 for 125 Business Club members) will see businesses entered into the draw to have their logo displayed on the back of the first team shirts and be named as an Official Club Partner for the entirety of the upcoming campaign."

https://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/2020/july/27072020-back-of-shirt-draw/

That's actually quite innovative.  I'd love to know if it generates more than a standard sponsorship deal

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Dave_Og said:

That's actually quite innovative.  I'd love to know if it generates more than a standard sponsorship deal

I wonder if the Trust rep's business being part of the 125 business club will have a punt. I think there is about 9 companies in this 

We will have to see who wins the draw as sponsor and yes good idea, so lets see how the club PR and marketing pushes it.

2 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

They all receive a free ST though don't they...?

That's certainly what it says in the piece, Lee.

So, all fans have to do is "create" their own business e.g. Ronnie Smith t/a RS Window Cleaners" - and they save money on the early bird price of a season ticket - and have the chance to have their (probably non-trading) business on the back of Latics' shirts all season!

The initiative is good but someone hasn't thought about the detail here have they?

2 hours ago, underdog said:

I wonder if the Trust rep's business being part of the 125 business club will have a punt. I think there is about 9 companies in this 

We will have to see who wins the draw as sponsor and yes good idea, so lets see how the club PR and marketing pushes it.

Is that all the companies that are in the "125 Business club" Underdog? 

I have thought for a while that there can't be that many as the club put on Twitter something about meet the Business - one was Taurus and i think the second might have been Darren's firm (* not sure mind) but nothing further 

This is another red rated risk area for me - are these the only companies that this leadership has any relationship with at all? As far as i aware, we have leaked sponsors over last 2 years and just another area of concern. 

Would be delighted to be wrong and that OAFC is in much better health than i fear 

36 minutes ago, unsworth blue said:

I have thought for a while that there can't be that many as the club put on Twitter something about meet the Business - one was Taurus and i think the second might have been Darren's firm (* not sure mind) but nothing further 

This is another red rated risk area for me - are these the only companies that this leadership has any relationship with at all? As far as i aware, we have leaked sponsors over last 2 years and just another area of concern. 

Would be delighted to be wrong and that OAFC is in much better health than i fear 

My thoughts, too. Healthwise, I think we're teetering on admission to ICU.

5 minutes ago, Bristolatic said:

My thoughts, too. Healthwise, I think we're teetering on admission to ICU.

I'm concerned that we might already be in ICU and the next step is calling the family in to say there's not much more that could be done...

2 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

I'm concerned that we might already be in ICU and the next step is calling the family in to say there's not much more that could be done...

I don’t dispute what you say, but we’ve been in ICU for twenty years and instead of telling the family they just put another battery in the life support machine. 

If speculation about a recent bid for the club is true, then it’s obvious that AL would rather run it on next to nothing than sell. 
Apart from Fulham away, what joy has the club brought him. Utterly baffling why he sticks around. 

11 hours ago, unsworth blue said:

I think so, I am sure they are listed on the clubs official website, I don't know if the other club's directors firm is in it....the solicitor chap Adam Morella? 

The board make up has always been a concern for me, with the lack of independant business folk on it. Then again its been like that for a while. Think the last one was under Corney and it was a lady.

9 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

If true then if someone was offering £1.5m for the club I’d be ripping their hands off!!

suppose it Depends what the owner thinks it is worth, compared to what he has put in already and continues to do so, and what he is prepared to loose.

11 minutes ago, underdog said:

suppose it Depends what the owner thinks it is worth, compared to what he has put in already and continues to do so, and what he is prepared to loose.

That’s just it...the longer he stays the more he’ll lose.

He’s only going to get what a buyer values it at, regardless of the money he has put in and continues to put in. If he’s put £3m in already and a further £1m in this year that won’t have made it more valuable.

His relationship with the fans is probably at a new low and is deteriorating month on month!! It is inevitable at some point under AL the club will enter administration!

If he wants out as has been suggested and a £1.5m offer is on the table then surely he should be advised to cut his losses and sell now!!🙏🙏🤞

We (fans) should look at buying out someone's debt and putting the club into admin to force him out. Particularly if those making offers are of a decent character. Think Luton fans did the same around the time of their manager idol debacle.

1 hour ago, oafc1955 said:

He’s only going to get what a buyer values it at, regardless of the money he has put in and continues to put in. If he’s put £3m in already and a further £1m in this year that won’t have made it more valuable.

His relationship with the fans is probably at a new low and is deteriorating month on month!! It is inevitable at some point under AL the club will enter administration!

If he wants out as has been suggested and a £1.5m offer is on the table then surely he should be advised to cut his losses and sell now!!🙏🙏🤞

Valid points.

Playing devils advocate and asking you your wish list, what kind of "owner model" would you want?....Just curious

1 hour ago, oafc1955 said:

Id imagine a £1.5 million bid would mean him writing off the money he has already put into the club.

Just like Blitz Gazal and Corney  before he is desperately trying to claw back the club he sunk into the club. Also just like Blitz Gazal and Corney before him No sane individual will meet his asking price.

4 minutes ago, oafcmetty said:

We (fans) should look at buying out someone's debt and putting the club into admin to force him out. Particularly if those making offers are of a decent character. Think Luton fans did the same around the time of their manager idol debacle.

My concern is the fan apathy and what could we rustle up money wise

We struggled to raise the target funds for he scoreboard...although granted fan ownership is different and being pushed by the DCMS.

Acting Trust chair commented on the golden share option for all/most EFL clubs might be better

Reality is what is currently for sale?

We know land/BP is., club is not...but who knows

25 minutes ago, underdog said:

My concern is the fan apathy and what could we rustle up money wise

We struggled to raise the target funds for he scoreboard...although granted fan ownership is different and being pushed by the DCMS.

Acting Trust chair commented on the golden share option for all/most EFL clubs might be better

Reality is what is currently for sale?

We know land/BP is., club is not...but who knows

Well we know AL has a habit of paying rent late to SB. We step in a 'buy' a couple of these payments off SB - AL now owes it to us. He either pays up, or we put the club into admin. Can't remember what the monthly payments are, but it's not millions.

Too simple?

44 minutes ago, oafcmetty said:

Well we know AL has a habit of paying rent late to SB. We step in a 'buy' a couple of these payments off SB - AL now owes it to us. He either pays up, or we put the club into admin. Can't remember what the monthly payments are, but it's not millions.

Too simple?

think its about £10k per month

1 hour ago, underdog said:

Valid points.

Playing devils advocate and asking you your wish list, what kind of "owner model" would you want?....Just curious

An owner who can give the fans some cause for optimism. Not necessarily someone awash with cash (although that would be nice) but someone with the club and fans at heart who can reignite the town and bring back the lapsed fans.

I would take another chance on new ownership tomorrow because in its present form this is not the football club I have supported since a boy and not a club I feel a part of either.

AL has been an absolute disaster from day one and the longer he’s here the worse the outcome!!

2 hours ago, underdog said:

Valid points.

Someone who can just get the basics right for starters. 

Get the club making money wherever possible. Have people to answer the phone when it rings. Have a proper PR person on board, who knows how to deal with the media, website, social media, etc. so there's no confusion because official-ish statements from the club come across as out dated or unclear. 

After that, appoint a manager who has the personality to get everyone on board and then give him time and resources to make sensible signings and bring youth players to the first team.

7 minutes ago, JoeP said:

Have people to answer the phone when it rings. Have a proper PR person on board, who knows how to deal with the media, website, social media, etc. so there's no confusion because official-ish statements from the club come across as out dated or unclear. 

I'm sure I was reading plaudits on here for Natalie Atkinson the other week for doing just that...

looks like Charlton are on the EFL radar.....

Nice quote form the EFL with regards to the club knowing the consequences.

https://www.efl.com/news/2020/july/efl-statement-charlton-athletic/?fbclid=IwAR2KmSoKw2xt9nbNtFXAusg88gToSrEhTdGyXGwCdFaSw1AR2ma2YQ7XX1Q

They really have gone though it

We have been mentioned on the FSA website with an article on Wigan

https://thefsa.org.uk/news/wigan-athletic-fans-group-launches-parliamentary-petition/

Link to proposed FSA proposals

https://thefsa.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/FSA-Proposals-to-improve-football-regulation.pdf

There is also online petition

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/331589

2 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

I'm sure I was reading plaudits on here for Natalie Atkinson the other week for doing just that...

Personally, I have to say she replied to my email right away today and pointed me in the right direction. I have good service so far....touch wood

16 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

She's been doing very well in the circumstances but it's not what she's there for. 

Archived