• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, owdumer said:

No you can't, I exchanged e-mails with NA last week and she said that due to uncertainty over safety issues she would have to inform me when/if itwas sorted before selling seats.

They took the money for mine in the North Stand 

I’ve been reliably informed that the North Stand situation is ‘as you were’. Many months have passed and the Stand still has a zero safety rating.

It is a ridiculous situation and one that I’m pretty sure will be down to AL’s stubbornness. When he agreed a deal with Blitz to purchase the freehold he said the re-opening of the stand would be a matter of urgency.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see it closed for the whole season......let’s hope AL fu*** off and is replaced by a competent owner who has the best interests of the fans at heart!!!

***********ABDALLAH OUT***********

7 hours ago, underdog said:

can I ask when did the club clear up the FCA sanction from last year with regards to how it can accept payments?

Dave Og is ususally good with this stuff

there was a sanction was there not?

It didn't, simple as that. The sanction was that its authorisation as a credit broker was removed and it has not been regained. It wouldn't be public information as to whether it has reapplied. That means it cannot legally introduce people to a credit provider. 

9 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

It didn't, simple as that. The sanction was that its authorisation as a credit broker was removed and it has not been regained. It wouldn't be public information as to whether it has reapplied. That means it cannot legally introduce people to a credit provider. 

I take it that’s why the “finance option” this year is more of an informal agreement with the club where they let you pay in instalments but don’t get the card till all payments are met?

56 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

I take it that’s why the “finance option” this year is more of an informal agreement with the club where they let you pay in instalments but don’t get the card till all payments are met?

Can't say I've looked at it as I've no interest in a season ticket (nothing new) but sounds likely. 

Edit

Yes , looked now. That wouldn't be classes as credit as nothing would be handed over until the full amount had been paid. 

14 hours ago, owdumer said:

No you can't, I exchanged e-mails with NA last week and she said that due to uncertainty over safety issues she would have to inform me when/if itwas sorted before selling seats.

You're doing better than me then - she still hasn't returned my email from last Monday, in which I shared some very pressing concerns. Transparency...

1 hour ago, Lee Sinnott said:

You're doing better than me then - she still hasn't returned my email from last Monday, in which I shared some very pressing concerns. Transparency...

I've emailed her twice. Once over my concerns over the closure of the Joe Royle stand and again outlining my reasons why I wouldn't be renewing my season ticket. No response. 

I emailed regarding season tickets. She replied asked for my phone number  then phoned me asking if I’d like to renew. Over the phone I was in work  and couldn’t do it at the time said I will get someone to phone  you when staff back in. I’m still waiting for the call 

10 minutes ago, oafc 123 said:

I know times are hard, but surely they need to speculate to accumulate and get people back off furlough to drive season tickets sales.

theres not much to drive though is there? Hardly anyone wants to buy especially when they don’t even know when it will be valid from - a pretty picture on the website won’t change that 

3 minutes ago, oafc 123 said:

I know times are hard, but surely they need to speculate to accumulate and get people back off furlough to drive season tickets sales.

100% agree.  My company has gradually been bringing people back from furlough with sales-led employees first. That way they’re safeguarding future of company to enable us to pay the remainder of staff and keep redundancies to an absolute minimum.

That said, the club has a captive audience but totally disconnected to the fanbase these days.  Doesn’t surprise just how poor the club is run in this area -

1. Regular social media (at least daily) pushing a positive message - new signings, free to view manager interviews, free to view interviews by owner and MD

2. New signings.  Small spark with the three announcements on Sunday but need to capitalise on this.  We’re at 9 players and only 5 weeks away from season start

3. Clarification over off-field - north stand usage, purchase of club, reiteration of strategy on and off field

Im gobsmacked that there’s been no follow up interview with Kewell.  It’s just dwindled to nothing.  There’s no impetus, no push ahead of new season, no uniting of the fans.  A club full of apathy.

Our club is withering on the vine.  Owner is full of contempt for the fans and acts as if he doesn’t need us.  Just don’t get it.  Club at our level is reliant upon ST sales and there is zero communication, engagement or motivational media to get the sales increasing.

13 minutes ago, oafc 123 said:

The players were in training on Monday so presumably they're now off furlough...

All it needs is for fans to be given an idea as to aspirations and ambitions the club has for the season ahead. We have heard absolutely nothing either via the media or the website.

We are on for a record low as regards season ticket sales whilst the club drifts along seemingly aimlessly......the ineptitude is absolutely staggering!!!

6 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

All it needs is for fans to be given an idea as to aspirations and ambitions the club has for the season ahead. We have heard absolutely nothing either via the media or the website.

We are on for a record low as regards season ticket sales whilst the club drifts along seemingly aimlessly......the ineptitude is absolutely staggering!!!

Like most clubs during this pandemic I would imagine staying in business is about as far as the ambition stretches. A couple of signings and a few articles on the website isn't going to start a rush on the ticket office.

Just now, deyres42 said:

Like most clubs during this pandemic I would imagine staying in business is about as far as the ambition stretches. A couple of signings and a few articles on the website isn't going to start a rush on the ticket office.

I disagree really Eyreso. Some fans would look at it and say "Right, they're treating us with a bit of respect, keeping us informed and being transparent - I'm happy to do my bit now by buying/renewing my Season Ticket..."

The problem is the club doesn't reach out to the fans and make their support feel appreciated.

Last season I didn't renew for the first time in 11 seasons.  As a businesses they never made any effort to get in contact and try and win me back over.  A phone call or email asking my reason for not renewing would of meant a lot. 

32 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

In this new Covid era, once some sort of normality returns bums on seats will be paramount. Interaction with supporters should be a given, at this club it is non-existent.

26 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

I disagree really Eyreso. Some fans would look at it and say "Right, they're treating us with a bit of respect, keeping us informed and being transparent - I'm happy to do my bit now by buying/renewing my Season Ticket..."

I'm not here to defend them, that's Birko and Co's job, but I could understand if there's an element of we can't win with you lot in the boardroom. Bring a new kit out, its the wrong colour. Sack a coach who you all wanted sacked, the clown 🤡 come out.

Realistically there's nothing going to happen in the next two months that is going to translate into big increase in ticket sales so I can understand maybe not putting lots of time and effort into it even if I don't necessarily agree with that.

5 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

In this new Covid era, once some sort of normality returns bums on seats will be paramount. Interaction with supporters should be a given, at this club it is non-existent.

Let's have it right, a lack of interaction is not the reason for the drop in ticket sales, folk are just bored of being shit.

23 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Let's have it right, a lack of interaction is not the reason for the drop in ticket sales, folk are just bored of being shit.

People need to be sold the dream though mate, by doing nothing just gives the impression they accept that we are shit.

6 hours ago, oafc 123 said:

People need to be sold the dream though mate, by doing nothing just gives the impression they accept that we are shit.

That will only work if its backed up with actions

We make the right signings people will buy season tickets

We reopen the North stand fully and settle the differences with Blitz people will buy season tickets.

Address the situation with Covid 19 will people be refunded if it is not safe to enter the stadium for certain matches.

Address those problems first then go and sell the dream as you put it.

They will find commuincating with the fans alot easier if they do, no point trying to give the big sell right now with so much up in the air.

Archived