Latics released from Brass Bank mortgage

13 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

The club has repaid to Brass Bank Limited the borrowed amount in full. Can anyone remind me exactly hat this relates to? 

It was one that Corney agreed when we were struggling to pay wages in 2015 when we enjoyed a particularly high turnover of players and management (Kelly>Dunn>Shez)

24 minutes ago, oafcmetty said:

There you go!

I don't  mind AL being here for the foreseeable as long as he learns his lessons and stops interfering. He also needs to get rid of his brother and BO who is too devisive with the fans.

Has the rent been paid yet?

5 hours ago, underdog said:

club have released a statement too

https://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/2020/june/11062020-club-statement/

so unless I have missed it, it is just the lease/rent monies that are outstanding and what the club was querying? or have I missed it?

It was the repayment of a debenture created in 2015, according to Maguire. 

18 hours ago, kowenicki said:

It was the repayment of a debenture created in 2015, according to Maguire. 

How does that stop administration? Blitz wanted rent the club owes, and that is why he threatened administration, not the debenture. 

2 hours ago, al_bro said:

How does that stop administration? Blitz wanted rent the club owes, and that is why he threatened administration, not the debenture. 

Under the terms of a debenture, Blitz could appoint his own Administrator which would have been the only way of collecting the money owed to him.  Without a debenture, he would have been an unsecured creditor so Admin would have been effectively writing off the debt.  I can’t see him throwing good money after bad.

AL knew he had no choice as that would result in him losing OAFC and so he paid up voluntarily.

The debenture was 100% the reason for us avoiding administration at the hands of a creditor such as Blitz.  HMRC on the other hand wouldn’t blink twice which is why they always get paid before formal proceedings are enacted.

This surely shows his commitment tho, if I was AL I would be running for the hills! Shit failing club, covid 19,, no income, but yet for some crazy reason he stumps up alot of money! Respect to the guy. I would be back in Morocco licking my wounds ! Anyone on here who wouldn't do the same iieing. He had a massive opportunity to walk and leave this sorry mess behind, call it pride, call it cultural shame, call it what u want, but hes still here against all odds.

1 hour ago, latics22 said:

This surely shows his commitment tho, if I was AL I would be running for the hills! Shit failing club, covid 19,, no income, but yet for some crazy reason he stumps up alot of money! Respect to the guy. I would be back in Morocco licking my wounds ! Anyone on here who wouldn't do the same iieing. He had a massive opportunity to walk and leave this sorry mess behind, call it pride, call it cultural shame, call it what u want, but hes still here against all odds.

I think a fair chunk of that £250k will have been paid for by selling that young striker to Brighton. Would be nice to be wrong and AL actually is getting the house in order.

Saw posted on a FB site yesterday a Sun article.

More or less said GMP will not be pursing an investigating the finances surrounding stand build/transfer of ownership

Does this mean the club concede that the 2016 lease is valid?

20 hours ago, Inspiral_Carpet said:

Under the terms of a debenture, Blitz could appoint his own Administrator which would have been the only way of collecting the money owed to him.  Without a debenture, he would have been an unsecured creditor so Admin would have been effectively writing off the debt.  I can’t see him throwing good money after bad.

AL knew he had no choice as that would result in him losing OAFC and so he paid up voluntarily.

The debenture was 100% the reason for us avoiding administration at the hands of a creditor such as Blitz.  HMRC on the other hand wouldn’t blink twice which is why they always get paid before formal proceedings are enacted.

Thanks for clearing that up.

So I have not been on this site for weeks.  My daughter in a passing comment during a phone call says, "That's good news about lattices," I think the F****er has gone and someone has stepped in!

What do I find, he's still here together with his interfering brother and a F***k wit of a manager.  Bit of a let down to say the least.  Is there no good news?

9 minutes ago, frizzell54 said:

So I have not been on this site for weeks.  My daughter in a passing comment during a phone call says, "That's good news about lattices," I think the F****er has gone and someone has stepped in!

What do I find, he's still here together with his interfering brother and a F***k wit of a manager.  Bit of a let down to say the least.  Is there no good news?

Yes, he has paid Corney's debt to the landlord that he agreed to when he took over - the debenture which I believe makes us more of an attractive buy if we were up for sale

Yes, the club has updated  Companies accounts for 2017/18  with missing information that makes them more compliant, and that the Trust as a shareholder were critical they did so

Yes, the club has updated company house with the correct number of share holder there are in the Business that is OAFC 2004 LTD

Just need to pay the outstanding rent with the landlord and crack on with buying the landlord out...make us whole.

There has been some good stuff with a bit of pressure,...honest

14 minutes ago, frizzell54 said:

Good.

Now can you now give the lot of them a big shove, preferably out the door?

I could but I have a feeling I would void my DBS and be taking an extended holiday at Her majesty's pleasure....hmmm 3 square meals a day and free board.

Archived