The return of football on the telly!

League Two Playoffs start tonight.

With no guarantee that I'll be able to watch us at Exeter either way next season, I hope they go up.  Although in all honesty none of the teams are particularly good away trips.

Also while I'm looking forward to watching them, I'm not convinced that they should be happening.  I'd have given 4th place on PPG the final promotion spot and be done with it.

On 6/15/2020 at 1:35 PM, OldhamSheridan said:

The other thing of note is away wins. It is massive in Germany, over half the games. It was happening in Belarus when they had low crowds so I would suspect the same over here.

On 6/16/2020 at 9:04 AM, TheBigDog said:

The absence of crowds must have an impact and maybe will negate some of the home advantage. 

On 6/16/2020 at 1:52 PM, OldhamSheridan said:

Well Germany it has gone from 35% up to 51% (away wins), home wins down from 43% to 20% and draws up from 22% to 29%.

Only one of the four Premier League games on Saturday ended with a home win - Brighton beating Arsenal - while in the Championship it was even worse for the hosts, with only one of the 10 games ending in a home win. Six of the 10 matches ended in an away victory. 😮

33 minutes ago, al_bro said:

It must be like a training game for them. The fake crowd noise isn't great either, it was hardly audible on the BBC effort. 

If it does then it shouldn't do given what is at stake for a lot of them.

Archived