Jump to content

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, Emcee_Latic said:

I would presume that any safety issues with the North Stand have been rectified as the OEC would want to open their own facilities no match days when the season resumes.

 

The club pay rent to Brassbank for the whole of the ground. They don't pay extra for the North Stand. The only reason not to open the stand would be for them to make "political points" against the OEC and doing so pee off the fans again! 


Seriously Emcee, what makes you think that the previous safety issues have been rectified

 

21 hours ago, Inspiral_Carpet said:


Frustrating as it may be, it probably is a big ask.  There will be numerous other priorities for the one (yes one) person who hasn’t been furloughed and is still working.  Particularly as nobody currently knows when spectators will be allowed into football grounds again and so this will be way down the to-do-list.  
 

The chances are that some form of social distancing will be required when they re-open so presumably all clubs will have to go through the whole Safety Certification process again in conjunction with the Authorities but this time, for all four stands?  It’s far from simple.


Your two differing views, which of course youre entitled to, just make my point.

 

We simply have not been updated

 

On 6/28/2020 at 4:27 PM, tGWB said:

 

A local council doesn't shut down a stand at its local football club for a minor safety breach

 

Don't you think as supporters we should be advised:

 

  • What were the safety breaches that the council deemed it so unsafe for supporters, that they instructed, it could not be used on match days
  • Have those safety breaches been removed
  • Who was responsible for undertaking the improvement works
  • Can the improvement works be evidenced as completed
  • What systems have been put in place to prevent any future safety breaches

As customers of the club, I don't think its too much to ask that the club publishes the 'paper trail' answering these simple questions and additionally the necessary certification from the Council Safety Authorities that supporters safety in the North Stand can be assured

 

When the safety of our supporters is at risk, we need to see the documented evidence to satisfy our collective concerns

 

Whilst of course I fully appreciate the challenging times we are in, when it is practical to do so, the club need to evidence that the safety of our supporters is assured 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

tGWB. It is in the interest of the OEC to rectify the problems as they are losing a potential income stream. There was no major work required to put things right. If they rectify the issues at least they can point the finger at Lemsmagen when the stand does not open.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In March they said work had been carried out and season tickets for 20/21 were being sold.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Emcee_Latic said:

tGWB. It is in the interest of the OEC to rectify the problems as they are losing a potential income stream. There was no major work required to put things right. If they rectify the issues at least they can point the finger at Lemsmagen when the stand does not open.

 

10 hours ago, deyres42 said:

In March they said work had been carried out and season tickets for 20/21 were being sold.


We’re back in the land of “it wasnt us, it was them” and  hearsay that the safety breaches that forced the council to close the North Stand to supporters on match days have been resolved 

 

Its a simple but important step to remove any doubt regarding the safety of our supporters 

 

1. Publish the Council Safety Audit listing the safety discrepancies in the North Stand

 

2. Publish the Council Safety Audit which ‘signs off’ the safety discrepancies as ‘works completed’ in the North Stand

 

I cannot stress enough that a local council doesnt enforce the closure of a stand at its local football club for a minor discrepancy 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tGWB said:

 


We’re back in the land of “it wasnt us, it was them” and  hearsay that the safety breaches that forced the council to close the North Stand to supporters on match days have been resolved 

 

Its a simple but important step to remove any doubt regarding the safety of our supporters 

 

1. Publish the Council Safety Audit listing the safety discrepancies in the North Stand

 

2. Publish the Council Safety Audit which ‘signs off’ the safety discrepancies as ‘works completed’ in the North Stand

 

I cannot stress enough that a local council doesnt enforce the closure of a stand at its local football club for a minor discrepancy 

Much like the thorough investigation into the financial irregularities surrounding the stand ownership that came to nothing you suspect the club will want to move on quietly from this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Much like the thorough investigation into the financial irregularities surrounding the stand ownership that came to nothing you suspect the club will want to move on quietly from this.


You may well be right deyres

 

Supporter Safety should be a high priority for Trust Oldham but to the best of my knowledge I dont recall a demand from them to the club to fully explain the safety breaches that forced the council to close the stand on match days 

 

Maybe its something ‘Push the Boundary’ could take up with the club on our behalf. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, deyres42 said:

Much like the thorough investigation into the financial irregularities surrounding the stand ownership that came to nothing you suspect the club will want to move on quietly from this.


Have asked ‘Push the Boundary’ to take the matter up with the club 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, tGWB said:


You may well be right deyres

 

Supporter Safety should be a high priority for Trust Oldham but to the best of my knowledge I dont recall a demand from them to the club to fully explain the safety breaches that forced the council to close the stand on match days 

 

Maybe its something ‘Push the Boundary’ could take up with the club on our behalf. 

Seems like a very reasonable request.

 

Maybe now they are not arguing about burger vans they might find the time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, deyres42 said:

Seems like a very reasonable request.

 

Maybe now they are not arguing about burger vans they might find the time.

 
Like what they have done so far tbh 👏

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Apologies if this has been posted elsewhere, and I’m sure it has, but those waiting for a refund, I sent another email on Wednesday following their website release and the money was in my bank within 4 hours. Might be worth chasing up if you’re still waiting.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Clubfootkilkenny said:

Apologies if this has been posted elsewhere, and I’m sure it has, but those waiting for a refund, I sent another email on Wednesday following their website release and the money was in my bank within 4 hours. Might be worth chasing up if you’re still waiting.

 

Does the Ticketmaster site retain bank details from making the original purchase or were you asked to provide them for your refund?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 6/30/2020 at 11:41 AM, tGWB said:

 
Like what they have done so far tbh 👏

Trust statement on website dated 26th January, that seems to be the last update before Covid

 

https://trustoldham.co.uk/2020/01/26/joe-royle-north-stand-match-day-closure/

 

Bearing in mind, when we approached both parties last July over the SLA, one responded the other did not.

 

Just a thought, but, Why don't you contact the Trust as well, seems that the Trust/club relationship looks as if it is improving over the last few months

Edited by underdog

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, mick26 said:

Does the Ticketmaster site retain bank details from making the original purchase or were you asked to provide them for your refund?

I was asked to provide my card number for the refund.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, underdog said:

Trust statement on website dated 26th January, that seems to be the last update before Covid

 

https://trustoldham.co.uk/2020/01/26/joe-royle-north-stand-match-day-closure/

 

Bearing in mind, when we approached both parties last July over the SLA, one responded the other did not.

 

Just a thought, but, Why don't you contact the Trust as well, seems that the Trust/club relationship looks as if it is improving over the last few months

 

Morning underdog

 

Contacted the PtB Lads early last week and they have confirmed that they will take it up  :chubb:

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, tGWB said:

 

Morning underdog

 

Contacted the PtB Lads early last week and they have confirmed that they will take it up  :chubb:

 

 

We are currently still waiting on a date from the club on a zoom session which they suggested for July, if we haven’t heard by the end of the week we will chase it up 👍

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No rent paid to Mr Blitz April to July apparently 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, yarddogs said:

No rent paid to Mr Blitz April to July apparently 

Fair enough.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, yarddogs said:

No rent paid to Mr Blitz April to July apparently 

Hardly a business in the country has. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, yarddogs said:

No rent paid to Mr Blitz April to July apparently 

Was this part of the admin case?

 

From memory. Clubs rent us due early December.

 

And did Blitz not confirm in a Q and A in Jan that its £166k owing?

 

May i ask your source?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, underdog said:

Was this part of the admin case?

 

From memory. Clubs rent us due early December.

 

And did Blitz not confirm in a Q and A in Jan that its £166k owing?

 

May i ask your source?

 

 

It’s the guy on Twitter he’s very rarely wrong with his tweets are you aware of Chuckle bad mouthing you ?

0D91209A-4029-42F6-8D75-5F6DBE19A847.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Taken from the other Latics site...

 

Apparently AL still owes Blitz £80k and has called in the police, Fryatt passed this information onto me this morning and he is usually on the button with his information.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

Taken from the other Latics site...

 

Apparently AL still owes Blitz £80k and has called in the police, Fryatt passed this information onto me this morning and he is usually on the button with his information.

Sorry oafc1955 - are you saying AL has called in the police or Blitz has? 

 

Heard (not sure how right it is) that police are investigating but not sure whether its AL or Blitz who is under review  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, yarddogs said:

It’s the guy on Twitter he’s very rarely wrong with his tweets are you aware of Chuckle bad mouthing you ?

0D91209A-4029-42F6-8D75-5F6DBE19A847.png

Yes, fellow latics fans who know me have forwarded this on already. Nothing like a right to reply eh.

 

Kevin has a history with the Trust that includes two complaints registered at the club with regards to his behaviour. One from myself in 2018  (no acknowledgement by the club by the way) and one by a previous director.

 

Last time I saw him he attended the Trust January with Mike Halliwell and another chap. He asked questions, we answered them. It was raised about my catering trailer (all the trust team were aware about my business plan as I had been working on it over a year and was unemployed). It was explained I was not opening on match days and it was going to be discussed in the Trust meeting afterwards.  As far as I am aware he walked away happy with the answers given to him by the Trust team.

 

With regards to the meeting notes, I find it very interesting that he knew that these notes were being held up and he knew that it was me who was stand in secretary at the time and who had done them?  I don't think we state who has taken the notes. I wonder how he found this out?......hmmmmmm.

 

However, he is not far off the truth,.The process at the time was that the draft meeting notes are sent out within 10 days of the meeting with a request for any feedback/changes. The 2nd draft is then sent out again 7 days before our next meeting, ready for approval. Done within a month ready to go on the website.

 

December, January and February meeting notes were and still are (Feb has yet to be published) were delayed by a fellow director NOT happy with my wording on some stuff and missed that we had not discussed certain set questions. I hold my hands up, I am only human...hence why they are sent out for feedback first, then have to be approved.

 

December meeting notes - It as raised at the Feb meeting that they still had not been approved. This director was instructed by the acting chair to look at and approve my draft with his amendments by mid Feb. This was not done at the time and I noted this in my handover when I resigned on 21st Feb. From memory, they have now been published in June

 

January meeting notes - Late feedback by this Director was given to me on the afternoon of the Feb meeting. I advised the Trust board of this in the meeting and I would re-draft them and send them out for approval at the end of that week, which I did. I had resigned by the March meeting but again, in my handover that they need to be approved. The acting Trust chair contacted me a few weeks ago with regards to getting them sorted and agreed wording. They have now been published on the Trust website and I have pinned it in the Trust section above. This meeting was extremely difficult for a number of reasons, fan complaint and investigation, never mind Club's hostile response to our our letter of complaint and what our next steps

 

February meeting notes - Yes I was the note taker and drafted the notes before I resigned. Again, not the most pleasant meeting. These are again on my handover notes and yet to be published. These ideally, need to be published before the AGM so members and fans can read a whole 12 months and help make informed decision when voting (members vote)

 

Now bearing in mind the character assignation of me above,  how totally useless I have been for the 5 years of being a Trust director and how  easy I have manipulated fellow directors who run business in their own right, have degrees and experience waaayyyyy beyond me......makes you wonder why the current acting chair has asked me to return.

 

It must be the mind control and my evil cunning plan of world domination.......I am surprised that I have not been blamed for Covid.

 

Seriously though,  I would hope fans who know me and those that I have corresponded on here with, would make up their own minds of the kind of person I am.....Well I hope 

 

 

 

 

 

Edited by underdog
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Blitz,  I think Unsworth B

Edited by oafc1955

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...