Playing squad, summer 2020

The retained list is due this week according to the press.

There have been 8 players in dispute over wages during the lock down period . I presume these are the better, higher paid players that we have. I bet non of these are on the retained list unless they are contracted to 2021.

• Replies 804
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Bobledgersheart said:

Hope so.......Fancy Dan who played when he felt like it.

Like a lot of the imports, not suited to the English lower divisions.

Maouche can go for me as well. 1 or 2 decent passes a game and 1 or 2 decent games in 10 just isn't good enough IMO.

It's safe to say the original strategy of the owner of bringing in rough diamonds from the continent and blood them in an exciting young team can be labelled a huge failure. Even ones that possessed a clear amount of talent like Mouche lacked the mental and physical toughness to succeed.

Will the owner accept this, or are we still to see a squad bloated with these chancers in the hope that we produce one eventually? 

14 minutes ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

It's safe to say the original strategy of the owner of bringing in rough diamonds from the continent and blood them in an exciting young team can be labelled a huge failure. Even ones that possessed a clear amount of talent like Mouche lacked the mental and physical toughness to succeed.

Will the owner accept this, or are we still to see a squad bloated with these chancers in the hope that we produce one eventually? 

Pretty sure it is over. Where that leaves Big Mo Lemsagam is open to debate...

9 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Pretty sure it is over. Where that leaves Big Mo Lemsagam is open to debate...

Well it's quite obvious where it leaves him. Surplus to requirements and has nothing to offer. The big question is has the owner the bollocks to cut him loose and put faith into more people that know the club and most importantly the league?

Could be a watershed moment in rescuing some stayaways. I for one would be encouraged to come back if I saw a genuine concerted attempt to make a proper go of it over what has always been so far, a vanity project for Abdallah. We simply can't afford to lose any more supporters if he wants the club to be in any way self-sufficient.

42 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

I think there'll be a few league clubs interested in him if he is staying on these shores.

He was playing pretty well in L1, but like many in the squad didn't perform last season. He looked poor after returning from his loan spell, and didn't exactly rip any trees up in the National League.

5 hours ago, al_bro said:

He was playing pretty well in L1, but like many in the squad didn't perform last season. He looked poor after returning from his loan spell, and didn't exactly rip any trees up in the National League.

Plants, the expression is didn't rip up any plants. 

12 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Queensy Menig is at top flight Dutch club FC Twente.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/FC_Twente

I was thinking more about permanent signings rather than loan.  I'm struggling to remember any permanent signing we've made since AL took over (either domestic or overseas) who has left to a higher division or made us any money.  

On 6/20/2020 at 5:08 PM, TheBigDog said:

Wheater, Egert, Iacovitti, Stott, Hamer. Get Piergianni and Borthwick-Jackson and maybe Mills signed and we’ll have eight defenders on the books. 

Where are we going to get eight players who can defend though?

There's max three, maybe four in there.

Archived