Playing squad, summer 2020

1 hour ago, SweeperKeeper said:

Shame. We desperately need reinforcement across the whole back line.

He was never staying. Dino froze him out when he realised another appearance triggered an additional 12month deal with us. 

• Replies 804
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 6/22/2020 at 9:55 AM, nzlatic said:

I was thinking more about permanent signings rather than loan.  I'm struggling to remember any permanent signing we've made since AL took over (either domestic or overseas) who has left to a higher division or made us any money.  

Depends if the French 3rd tier is a better standard than league 2 here. If so, Sylla

Just had a frank and honest telephone conversation with Natalie, it will probably be issued on Thursday and it won’t be a big list!!

She’s also hopeful but cannot guarantee that the North Stand will be open for fans either!

1 hour ago, oafc1955 said:

Just had a frank and honest telephone conversation with Natalie, it will probably be issued on Thursday and it won’t be a big list!!

She’s also hopeful but cannot guarantee that the North Stand will be open for fans either!

You mean what will be retained won't be a long list?

1 hour ago, oafc1955 said:

Christ, I bet she needs a loooong drink tonight.

34 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Thank people are forgetting that if AL and MO don't sign the players then it's down to Dino. Not sure I'm comfortable with that 

I’d still much rather have the manager doing his own recruiting rather than AL or ML recruiting them for him. He should be allowed to stand or fall by his own signings. COYB ⚽

I couldn’t care less who signs the players as long as there is a credible thought and planning that they’ll do ok. 

Sadly the vast majority of signings under AL haven’t meet that criteria. However (an I say this very cautiously)  if we are getting rid of the #french lads and this follows on from signings like Rowe Dearnley McCann then maybe, just maybe the penny has dropped. 

* Also- I see more good PR on the website about the physio leaving. Rather than ‘The physio, whose name we can’t remember has left the club. Good luck in the future’

Are we getting our shit together on and off the pitch. .? 

We’re not are we. 

Night. 

9 hours ago, LightDN123 said:

The signings of McCann, Rowe and Dearnley made a big difference. But he also signed N’Guesaan ? He must have won the same raffle as Omrani 

N'Guessan had connections at Auxerre.  I think I'm confident what two plus two is. 

On 6/20/2020 at 7:50 AM, Crusoe said:

Squad

1. Gary Woods (2021)

29. Tomáš Egert (2020 plus option)

31. David Wheater (2020, option to 2021 reportedly triggered)

34. Tom Hamer (2022)

18. Dylan Fage (2021)

25. Chris McCann (2020 plus option)

53. Zac Emmerson (scholar) - rumoured transfer to Brighton

55. Zak Dearnley (2020 plus option)

56. Danny Rowe (2021)

26. Jonny Smith - end of loan

33. Carl Piergianni - end of loan

57. Cameron Borthwick-Jackson - end of loan

I’d  be happy if we had the above on our books as a starting point when the season begins again. We’d then need another ten or so to replace the ones that have left/are leaving.

However, I cannot see Smith being loaned to us again - he is destined for a higher league. It would be good if we could pick up Piergianni and CBJ plus Dearnley as I think the lad has something about him.

I would also offer Maouche a contract if he accepted a cut in his rumoured excessive wage 😀

Archived