Playing squad, summer 2020

13 minutes ago, League one forever said:

There’s a lot to have a go at the club for, negotiating what they can afford  in unprecedented times isn’t one of them. The money they saving making ‘derisory’ offers is helping towards offering Dearnley a two year deal. 

If you end up losing McCann, Rowe and Wheater off the back of it then it doesn't strike me as being of much benefit...

• Replies 804
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

If you end up losing McCann, Rowe and Wheater off the back of it then it doesn't strike me as being of much benefit...

Eyrsey- put the wine down. That response is up with there with the  ‘If only we had 3 Leicester Players.’ 😂

Rowe is contracted to 2021.

Wheater has reportedly had his option triggered.

McCann has an option til 2021 
Dearnley has just signed a two year deal. 

Negotiating with players you don’t want, to keep the players you do is perfectly reasonable and what I would expect the club to do. Especially with no gate receipts or any match day income since March. 

5 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Eyrsey- put the wine down. That response is up with there with the  ‘If only we had 3 Leicester Players.’ 😂

Negotiating with players you don’t want, to keep the players you do is perfectly reasonable and what I would expect the club to do. Especially with no gate receipts or any match day income since March. 

Watch this space as the saying goes...

11 minutes ago, League one forever said:

You seem to suggest McCann, Rowe, and Wheater are nailed on...I wish I had your confidence!!!

8 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

You seem to suggest McCann, Rowe, and Wheater are nailed on...I wish I had your confidence!!!

Rowe is a contracted player for next season. 

Wheater and McCann - granted It’s not confirmed, but the fact they put options in for our better players is a positive- no? 

Do you think getting rid of dead wood and Dearnley signing for two years is a good sign or more incompetence? 

5 minutes ago, League one forever said:

I can’t discuss in riddles. 

Think there are disagreements involving the furlough top ups, disagreements which could leave those players freed from their contracts.

Haven't seen enough of Dearnley to have any view on him, the general consensus seems to be that it is a good signing.

2 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Think there are disagreements involving the furlough top ups, disagreements which could leave those players freed from their contracts.

Haven't seen enough of Dearnley to have any view on him, the general consensus seems to be that it is a good signing.

I wonder if they’re ‘struggling’ to top up the players they don’t want? 

If that’s the case with Wheater and McCann that’s more of a worry. 

On 6/22/2020 at 9:55 AM, nzlatic said:

I was thinking more about permanent signings rather than loan.  I'm struggling to remember any permanent signing we've made since AL took over (either domestic or overseas) who has left to a higher division or made us any money.  

Iacovitti 😊

11 hours ago, super_blue said:

Borthwick-jackson released by utd today. 

Surely we should have a chance of signing him. He struggled elsewhere and seemed to settle reasonably well with us.

22 hours ago, oafcmetty said:

Number of "ball played down the line.....out for a goal kick" match events will hopefully drop sharply.

For me it was the match where he was on his eighth throw in before he found a Latics shirt, and still hadn't found one with a pass.  

He made Barry Prenderville look like Roberto Carlos.

On 6/25/2020 at 4:39 PM, BP1960 said:

Also rumoured we are after Kane Wilson, very highly rated by fans of clubs he's been on loan at . If Tom Hamer is sold I could understand such a move.

Think we'd struggle to do better at the moment at our budget and level.  

On 6/25/2020 at 5:16 PM, al_bro said:

Well he's had Clarkey helping coach him since January, which can't be a bad thing.

I can't exactly see Clarke recommending us to him though!

On 6/26/2020 at 11:24 AM, LightDN123 said:

He’s nothing short of terrible. Another positive departure. 

Obviously I’m in a minority of one, but I didn’t think he was terrible. He had some skills but simply made too many errors. It was right for him to move on though and hopefully he will find a coach that can help him progress as a player. Good luck Alex.

4 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

Obviously I’m in a minority of one, but I didn’t think he was terrible. He had some skills but simply made too many errors. It was right for him to move on though and hopefully he will find a coach that can help him progress as a player. Good luck Alex.

You surprise me

Archived