1 hour ago, Dave_Og said:

or indeed the words 'cheesy messy'

Is it one of those where they can't use the word "cheese" for trade description reasons?

47 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

I can't work out how many people it's supposed to be for

Same

Ditch the wine for a pizza and two more cans and it'd sort of do four lightweights

Think they did a Fathers day one the other weekend.

Hubby came home last night with one of their date night boxes

We thought it was good value and he is critical on value for money being a tight arse.

However, I believe this is hubby's cunning plan to soften me up so he can go out overnight fishing in the next few weeks. practice for the France trip in August if Covid allows.

37 minutes ago, Dick_Valentine said:

£35??? Do they come round and pour the beers for me? Flippin Nora! 

Who would look at that deal and think it was a good offer?

Pubs are offering takeaway meals for far less than the snacks they are.

Personally, I’m not knocking any local business that tries something different to keep going at this time. If you don’t want it, don’t buy it, but credit due for adapting.

Re the OEC, this isn’t the only thing they are trying. There’s been afternoon teas, bbq packs, date night shiz...

6 hours ago, maddog said:

Personally, I’m not knocking any local business that tries something different to keep going at this time. If you don’t want it, don’t buy it, but credit due for adapting.

Re the OEC, this isn’t the only thing they are trying. There’s been afternoon teas, bbq packs, date night shiz...

This is where I am, a local bar/eatery near me has being doing delivery food and drinks, I could get it cheaper elsewhere but the food is decent so I feel its right to support them through these awkward times. 

14 hours ago, oafc 123 said:

Who would look at that deal and think it was a good offer?

Pubs are offering takeaway meals for far less than the snacks they are.

Just seen a picture of what the deal includes. To be fair it looks a lot better than how it was advertised in the original post of this thread.

• 2 months later...

Archived