Wigan have gone into Administration

1 hour ago, Dave_Og said:

Similarly to cricket spot fixing I wonder what sort of bookie would ever take big bets on such obscure events without wondering why someone would wish to place them

Why is better on a team just outside the prem classed as obscure ?

2 hours ago, latics22 said:

Why is better on a team just outside the prem classed as obscure ?

Don't think Wigan are big in The Philippines. How big does a bet have to be to make that sort of caper worthwhile? 

On 7/3/2020 at 12:58 PM, al_bro said:

And we thought AL was a bad owner. We have to be careful what we wish for maybe.

I think these guys were looking to buy us, once upon a time? But we were too much of a financial basket case for them at the time. I believe it was a year before Al turned up.

8 hours ago, Canada_latic said:

I would have more sympathy for them, if they weren't one up from franchise FC.

How so? Wigan found someone in Dave Whelan who bought them when they were in the third division, pumped millions into the club as well as building a new stadium. He promised them success and he delivered.

Though he has had more than his fair share of controversies over the years,  who would not welcome that type of investment for Oldham? 

8 hours ago, Canada_latic said:

I think these guys were looking to buy us, once upon a time? But we were too much of a financial basket case for them at the time. I believe it was a year before Al turned up.

Probably wouldn't have been able to get decent odds on us getting relegated :D

Archived