Next seasons kit teased

Why am I not surprised that an anniversary kit that was meant to be special and celebrate our 125th year in existence is...

... totally crap. What a complete waste of time and effort. Come to think of it, I guess very little effort actually went into it. 

Good old Latics. Screwed up again.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That shirt leaves me cold . There is no relevance with the clubs past relating to colours, style or tradition. 

The article on the oe site states that a fans group helped choose the design !!!!!!. How old were they  6 ?

The shirt design and colours have no connection to our club at all.   

I am at my lowest ebb ever , and the nonsense keeps on coming. 

Normally, I`d laugh my head off at this latest example of "how not to engage fans" but, sadly,  this just makes me realise just how far removed the "club" is from the "fans".

A complete waste of time that kit.

Just how does that monstrosity relate to any of our past? I suppose the red and white stripes (presumably with blue shorts) will be the away kit so that fans who can only get to home games will never see it. Brilliant marketing, that.

That thing looks like someone gave a 9 year old a box of assorted blue crayons and said, "Go on, lad. Make a mess with that lot." So he did.

I may well have bought the red and white, but I'm buggered if I'd buy one that looks like it's been made for a joke.

The club could redeem themselves here by swapping it round; make the away kit the home kit, make the cup kit (whatever that may be) the away kit and that abomination the cup kit (it may only get worn a couple of times that way).

16 minutes ago, 100milesaway said:

That shirt leaves me cold . There is no relevance with the clubs past relating to colours, style or tradition. 

The article on the oe site states that a fans group helped choose the design !!!!!!. How old were they  6 ?

The shirt design and colours have no connection to our club at all.   

I am at my lowest ebb ever , and the nonsense keeps on coming. 

Must be an age thing - I'm 61 and not impressed but 18 year old son likes them!

Hope the 3rd special edition cup kit is retro as per Bristol's avatar 🤞.

4 minutes ago, Bristolatic said:

The club could redeem themselves here by swapping it round; make the away kit the home kit, make the cup kit (whatever that may be) the away kit and that abomination the cup kit (it may only get worn a couple of times that way).

If we get drawn at home in the cup? 

38 minutes ago, Bristolatic said:

I'd agree with that, but according to the article 91% voted for the old style badge and 68% voted for the blue and white kit. 

Third kit blue and tangerine?

Both look OK and the front of the away kit Is a nod to Pine Villa (don't like the plain white back)

I assume they're trying to make some extra money by making the FA cup kit THE special one that fans will want to buy to celebrate the 125yrs. 

5 minutes ago, laticsrblue said:

Both look OK and the front of the away kit Is a nod to Pine Villa (don't like the plain white back)

I assume they're trying to make some extra money by making the FA cup kit THE special one that fans will want to buy to celebrate the 125yrs. 

I suppose the plain white back allows the player's name, squad number, and back-of-shirt advertising logo to be clearly visible - as they would have been in 1895!!

1 hour ago, TheBigDog said:

Neither shirt has a sponsors logo on the front - I presume that Wakelet will continue their sponsorship for the coming season? 

On the official website:

“Also, a company is currently in the process of being appointed as the front of shirt sponsor and will be announced at a later date, but for the time being supporters will be able to purchase the shirts without this on.

Both the home and away shirts go on pre-sale from Monday 6 July at noon on oafcstore.com where prices will be confirmed. General sale will then commence from Friday 24 July.

The Club Shop itself in the Joe Royle Stand is planning to reopen at the end of July, with further details to follow once confirmed for fans who wish to purchase in person instead of online.”

1 hour ago, Dick_Valentine said:

I was trying not to be negative about it, but I’ve had some time to think about it and it’s shite. I honestly thought they’d pull this off with something memorable, I should’ve known better. 

No.  They did pull it off with something memorable  .     😥 🤡

38 minutes ago, laticsrblue said:

Yeah right...and one they’ll probably wear just the once!😳

43 minutes ago, al_bro said:

I'm not fussed either way. Surely the blue gradient top would be better with navy shorts to continue the gradient. It won't look right with white shorts.

It doesn't look right with any colour shorts. It's awful.

54 minutes ago, LaticMark said:

I'd agree with that, but according to the article 91% voted for the old style badge and 68% voted for the blue and white kit. 

Third kit blue and tangerine?

I doubt they expected anything like this horror when they voted for blue and white. They probably expected something that was associated with Latics. With hindsight, should have known better; Latics (AL & Co) can always fuck things up even when you think they can't.

2 hours ago, Simpo said:

Mood here is down, fair enough, but I think this kit is really nice!

oldham-1080x1080-third2.jpg

Gorgeous bit of detail.

2 hours ago, Dick_Valentine said:

Stay out of the black and into the red...

Have a look at what you could've won!

Archived