Development Centre

3 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

Guess we'll have to see but it's better than the obvious alternative announcememt. 

Is Chapel Road development dead in the water?  Kept waiting for some news coming out from the club about any progress and then just sacked it off as i hadn't heard anything. 

The Development Centre announcement took me a bit by surprise given that there have been rumours about potentially dispensing with youth set up (seen some stuff on twitter about this)

Can't get excited by either as have been led down the garden path before but interested in any news of Chapel Road if indeed it is not dead in the water    

good news on the development centre. Maybe trying to "grow your own" players. Who remembers stuff like search for a soccer star?  Did we not get Andy Barlow and Mike Flynn with stuff like open trials?

Re chapel Rd. Not heard anything for over 12 months now. Maybe it is dead in the water with the Owner looking at buying out current landlord at BP. Maybe owner looking at aquiring and developing little wembly instead, if it is part of the deal that is.

Makes more sense to have all the facilities in one place.....and save a fortune in petrol for the players having to travel to and from Chapel rd too.

on the other hand, I think the landlord is keen to develop little wembly and continue the housing building on it

5 hours ago, tGWB said:

Cant fault either of these initiatives 

Fair play if they come off  👏👏

Well we haven't heard one thing in over 12 months re chapel road so if they were serious about that something would have happened by now a design, planning permission as they said 

Further specific details will be announced in due course.

:tumbleweed:

I wonder if these trials will include lots of random ex Auxerre and Nantes youth team players.....

28 minutes ago, underdog said:

on the other hand, I think the landlord is keen to develop little wembly and continue the housing building on it

Would have thought little wembley too small now for full club training. 

I know it conflicts with your comment about saving fuel but what about using Bury's old training complex at Carrington by leasing it off City?

4 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Well we haven't heard one thing in over 12 months re chapel road so if they were serious about that something would have happened by now a design, planning permission etc.

I wonder if these trials will include lots of random ex Auxerre and Nantes youth team players.....

5 hours ago, lookersstandandy said:

It is..... assuming it’s genuine and not another wanton distraction tactic.....

Didnt spot the Chapel Road report was May 2019. 🤦‍♂️

Still hoping for some light at the end of the tunnel a guess 

49 minutes ago, whittles left foot said:

Would have thought little wembley too small now for full club training. 

I know it conflicts with your comment about saving fuel but what about using Bury's old training complex at Carrington by leasing it off City?

I suppose it depends on what type of plans could be drawn up....totally random and no basis at all but

Maybe it can expanded on to the main car park and out on the opposite side towards to the changing rooms already on the clayton fields (okay NIMBYS maybe up in arms a bit). Maybe even extend towards to the chaddy end and built over to become a sports hall/fans pub/bar?

Totally random thoughts mind you

Carrington is defo an idea

1 hour ago, underdog said:

I suppose it depends on what type of plans could be drawn up....totally random and no basis at all but

Maybe it can expanded on to the main car park and out on the opposite side towards to the changing rooms already on the clayton fields (okay NIMBYS maybe up in arms a bit). Maybe even extend towards to the chaddy end and built over to become a sports hall/fans pub/bar?

Totally random thoughts mind you

Carrington is defo an idea

Stockport County have now got Carrington from what I’ve heard from a couple of different people. 

51 minutes ago, LaticMark said:

Little Wembley is owned by Brassbank, and earmarked for housing - unless AL wants to make them an offer they can't refuse!

Yes true.

As we all know the Owner is in negotiation with the landlord with regards to BP, maybe it includes car parks, little wembley and surrounding land? Everything what the landlords own?

Or maybe it is just the stadium footprint?

I don't think I have seen any updates to say what the propose deal is but was it not announced that this might b July time?

Additionally, trust has little wembly down on the ACV, so if it is not part of the deal berween current owner and landlord....maybe there is an option there for Trust to get involved once ACV is triggered that is

9 minutes ago, underdog said:

Yes true.

As we all know the Owner is in negotiation with the landlord with regards to BP, maybe it includes car parks, little wembley and surrounding land? Everything what the landlords own?

Or maybe it is just the stadium footprint?

I don't think I have seen any updates to say what the propose deal is but was it not announced that this might b July time?

Additionally, trust has little wembly down on the ACV, so if it is not part of the deal berween current owner and landlord....maybe there is an option there for Trust to get involved once ACV is triggered that is

Blitz said at the Q&A that little Wembley would not be part of any sale agreement with FLG or Abdallah and that they planned to build houses on the site.

41 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

Blitz said at the Q&A that little Wembley would not be part of any sale agreement with FLG or Abdallah and that they planned to build houses on the site.

Then once the ACV is triggered for this land, it will be case that the Trust will then have to decide.

1) Will the landlords entertain a bid- Trust has 6 weeks from date of trigger to state if there is an interest or not.

2) What is the value of this land?

3) IS it worth saving? does it have a future as a pitch? (discussion with club, OMBC, Sport England)

4) what is the value/loss to the community and is there any compensation? (previous lapsed housing on the site had  section 106 placed on it. This included a monetary value at the time and replacement 3g pitch with flood lighting at Cathedral rd).

I am sure there are other points too.

9 minutes ago, underdog said:

Then once the ACV is triggered for this land, it will be case that the Trust will then have to decide.

1) Will the landlords entertain a bid- Trust has 6 weeks from date of trigger to state if there is an interest or not.

2) What is the value of this land?

3) IS it worth saving? does it have a future as a pitch? (discussion with club, OMBC, Sport England)

4) what is the value/loss to the community and is there any compensation? (previous lapsed housing on the site had  section 106 placed on it. This included a monetary value at the time and replacement 3g pitch with flood lighting at Cathedral rd).

I am sure there is other points too.

Everything possible needs to be done to stop houses being built their.

6 minutes ago, al_bro said:

Everything possible needs to be done to stop houses being built their.

That is why Trust needs people on board that have skills an knowledge in stuff like this, legal advice on land stuff ect and to have a plan to swing into action.....6 weeks does not seem a long enough period even to draft a proposal, never mind work out how much the land value is.

I am sure the Trust will tap into what they can, FSA offer free legal advice as part of the membership and there is lady there who has worked on other clubs ACV's, Sport England placed a monetary value on it last time around.

I will presume it would be a case of working out its value, the balance of what would be lost to the club and community and if its worth purchasing.

I have no idea what land values are. Best guess if the building continues in the same semi-detached style......would you get say, another 20 houses on it?

5 minutes ago, underdog said:

That is why Trust needs people on board that have skills an knowledge in stuff like this, legal advice on land stuff ect and to have a plan to swing into action.....6 weeks does not seem a long enough period even to draft a proposal, never mind work out how much the land value is.

I am sure the Trust will tap into what they can, FSA offer free legal advice as part of the membership and there is lady there who has worked on other clubs ACV's, Sport England placed a monetary value on it last time around.

I will presume it would be a case of working out its value, the balance of what would be lost to the club and community and if its worth purchasing.

I have no idea what land values are. Best guess if the building continues in the same semi-detached style......would you get say, another 20 houses on it?

It will be worth more with planning permission than without.

Archived