Championship Final - Tuesday, 4th August - 19:45 KO

This is awkward. For the play-offs, we take the score at 90 minutes, but neither player scored any points at that time. We would then give the points to whoever was closest to the attendance. Obviously, as it was behind closed doors, that doesn't work either. It was around this time I was clasping my hands together and praying that something in extra time would sort it out.

It didn't.

Neither player predicted a Fulham win, got the final score right, got the first scorer right or anything else right, including goals scored by either team. So the great Prediction League Championship play off ends 0-0. Now what do I do? There's no more games left!

I think that one way would be to add up all the points scored by both players throughout the play-offs and see where that takes us. I'll sleep on it and have a think in the morning. And if that ends in a draw, I'll have to think of summat else.

@JohnnyPimp and @south east latic, watch this space.

9 hours ago, Bristolatic said:

This is awkward. For the play-offs, we take the score at 90 minutes, but neither player scored any points at that time. We would then give the points to whoever was closest to the attendance. Obviously, as it was behind closed doors, that doesn't work either. It was around this time I was clasping my hands together and praying that something in extra time would sort it out.

It didn't.

Neither player predicted a Fulham win, got the final score right, got the first scorer right or anything else right, including goals scored by either team. So the great Prediction League Championship play off ends 0-0. Now what do I do? There's no more games left!

I think that one way would be to add up all the points scored by both players throughout the play-offs and see where that takes us. I'll sleep on it and have a think in the morning. And if that ends in a draw, I'll have to think of summat else.

@JohnnyPimp and @south east latic, watch this space.

Pete, just floating an idea here, they have started playing again in Scotland, maybe a match from there could be used or maybe a champions league game. 

The Prediction League is one of the best things about Latics at the moment - thanks to all involved - and I think it is perhaps appropriate in this nuts season that it ends in a whiff of controversy! 

Maybe it can be decided by prediction on how many more days HK will last, or what type of pie Barry will eat publicly next. 

Or a prediction on the result of John Sheridan’s Waterford’s next game?

Either way, best of luck to both sides and thanks again to organisers. 

9 hours ago, JohnnyPimp said:

It’s all a bit desperate 😂 but wouldn’t I have picked up a solitary point for correct number of goals for the opposition at 90 mins?

1 hour ago, disjointed said:

Pete, just floating an idea here, they have started playing again in Scotland, maybe a match from there could be used or maybe a champions league game. 

14 minutes ago, Nohairdontcare said:

The Prediction League is one of the best things about Latics at the moment - thanks to all involved - and I think it is perhaps appropriate in this nuts season that it ends in a whiff of controversy! 

Maybe it can be decided by prediction on how many more days HK will last, or what type of pie Barry will eat publicly next. 

Or a prediction on the result of John Sheridan’s Waterford’s next game?

Either way, best of luck to both sides and thanks again to organisers. 

I can only apologise; @JohnnyPimp, you are right. You get one point for Fulham failing to score after 90 minutes, so a 1-0 victory  sees you in next season's Premier League. Commiserations to @south east latic after putting up a great fight and just missing out on a second successive promotion.

I hereby award myself a :yellowcard: and count myself lucky to escape a :redcard:

2 hours ago, south east latic said:

Congrats @JohnnyPimp and thanks to @Bristolatic for running the competition again.

Everyone knows the Championship is the most exciting league anyway...

Cheers, @south east latic.

A pity the final came down to such a tight and underwhelming conclusion.

As others have said, the prediction league has been the one bright spark of this sorry season. Thanks very much to @Bristolatic and @oafcmetty for their hard work administering the thing.

Archived