Harry Kewell Departure Watch

• Replies 849
  • Created
  • Last Reply
53 minutes ago, stott182 said:

On the BBC now

Harry Kewell: Oldham Athletic name ex-Liverpool & Leeds United winger as new boss - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53622749

Edit: The official actually got it out first this time

https://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/2020/august/31072020-harry-kewell-new-head-coach/

Club needs stability drew a smile and a chuckle tbh

Looking at those outside photos I'd say they were taken yesterday at least....as its been bloody miserable and no sun in the sky today.

1 hour ago, stott182 said:

Bring in players "we" want speak volumes, but atleast they aren't hiding the fact it isn't just down to the manager.

Probably bring in some for trial matches and if the manager approves and then later flop it's his fault. 

Did i dream it or did the club announce a link up with an Aussie club/team/feeder club about a month ago?

Is owner tapping into the Aussie market with this manager and the interview done with an Aussie sport media before on official site?

12 hours ago, underdog said:

Quote Lemsagam

“It’s hard when you come into a club - you need solid foundations first and you build from there,” he added.

There's a lot of sand in the Middle East - it's great for foundations you know

11 hours ago, kowenicki said:

Underwhelmed. 

Never really liked him as a player though he obviously had a great spell at Leeds. The way he hid in that Liverpool win in Istanbul was incredible. 

He gets the same chance as everyone else though.  Which means that the Oldham fans will give him until half time in his first match to impress. 

😂

Missed you Kow. Hope you’re good?  

Surely we can’t judge managers on usual standards. (Even by owtb) We all know he’s gone by the 3rd game for wanting to play a left back at left back. 

Warren Feeney was appointed manager of Bulgarian 2nd tier team Pirin Blagoevgrad last November recently bought by

Dubai based owners planning new investment, The town is small. pay low wages and are not really competitve but they have a good youth policy

and list Dimitar  Berbatov as a former trainee.

The standard at the top of the this league is Division 2 and the bottom is Norhern Premier League.

Pirin are about middle league status and crowds are usually about 400/500 with only 2or 3 decent teamsin the league ,

My team overhere has just been relegated to this league FC Dunav so will keep a check on Pirin.

FC Dunav last season waseven  worse than watching Latics, last season i managed 7 latics games on my season ticket and honest

it was better at BP.

So not much to keep Mr Fenney overhere apart from they play in green and white

8 hours ago, underdog said:

Did i dream it or did the club announce a link up with an Aussie club/team/feeder club about a month ago?

Is owner tapping into the Aussie market with this manager and the interview done with an Aussie sport media before on official site?

You were dreaming like Dorothy in the Wizard of Oz.

8 hours ago, underdog said:

NZ

3 hours ago, underdog said:

Think I have seen on social media somewhere that the owner will give BBC Manchester Radio an interview on Monday.

Oldham owner Abdallah Lemsagam says Kewell becomes only the fourth forced managerial change during his tenure, as two of the previous head coaches chose to leave on their own terms. He’s also told us he’ll give an interview to us on Monday.

3 hours ago, underdog said:

Think I have seen on social media somewhere that the owner will give BBC Manchester Radio an interview on Monday.

But will they ask the crucial questions, will Kewell be signing the players he wants and picking the team without interference?

50 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

It's a fine line between delusional and certifiable.

Oldham owner Abdallah Lemsagam has told he remains “committed” to the Latics. Lemsagam says Harry Kewell is the most accomplished head coach of his tenure - and this appointment represents the start of a new dawn that he hopes the fans will get behind.

BTW it's about time the Club was referred to as Latics, not "the Latics"!

Archived