Sign in to follow this  
Dave_Og

Harry Kewell Departure Watch

1 hour ago, League one forever said:

He’s quite brittle our pogs. Not sure he could handle a Mo half time blast. 

I bet Bouzanis could.....hmmm

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, stott182 said:

On the BBC now

Harry Kewell: Oldham Athletic name ex-Liverpool & Leeds United winger as new boss - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53622749

Edit: The official actually got it out first this time

https://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/2020/august/31072020-harry-kewell-new-head-coach/

Club needs stability drew a smile and a chuckle tbh

Looking at those outside photos I'd say they were taken yesterday at least....as its been bloody miserable and no sun in the sky today.

Watching the way that both Chelsea and Arsenal play out from the back leaves me hoping that Kewell favours the long ball option 😮

Bring in players "we" want speak volumes, but atleast they aren't hiding the fact it isn't just down to the manager.

1 hour ago, stott182 said:

Bring in players "we" want speak volumes, but atleast they aren't hiding the fact it isn't just down to the manager.

Probably bring in some for trial matches and if the manager approves and then later flop it's his fault. 

Did i dream it or did the club announce a link up with an Aussie club/team/feeder club about a month ago?

Is owner tapping into the Aussie market with this manager and the interview done with an Aussie sport media before on official site?

Same spiel and bull. Hard to get excited about anything these days. He wont make it till Christmas.

As always I'm not building my hopes up but will give him a few months to see if any improvement  from  the past crap

Posted (edited)

Hopefully, I will finally get my Aussie tour request.

The best thing about living in Brisbane is that I never get to hear about our backroom shenanigans...

FFS

Edited by L1onheartNew
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, underdog said:

Quote Lemsagam

“It’s hard when you come into a club - you need solid foundations first and you build from there,” he added.

There's a lot of sand in the Middle East - it's great for foundations you know

11 hours ago, kowenicki said:

Underwhelmed. 

Never really liked him as a player though he obviously had a great spell at Leeds. The way he hid in that Liverpool win in Istanbul was incredible. 

He gets the same chance as everyone else though.  Which means that the Oldham fans will give him until half time in his first match to impress. 

😂

Missed you Kow. Hope you’re good?  

Surely we can’t judge managers on usual standards. (Even by owtb) We all know he’s gone by the 3rd game for wanting to play a left back at left back. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, wiseowl said:

There's a lot of sand in the Middle East - it's great for foundations you know

Quicksand in our case.

8 hours ago, underdog said:

Did i dream it or did the club announce a link up with an Aussie club/team/feeder club about a month ago?

Is owner tapping into the Aussie market with this manager and the interview done with an Aussie sport media before on official site?

You were dreaming like Dorothy in the Wizard of Oz.

8 hours ago, underdog said:

NZ

• Thanks 1

Think I have seen on social media somewhere that the owner will give BBC Manchester Radio an interview on Monday.

3 hours ago, underdog said:

Think I have seen on social media somewhere that the owner will give BBC Manchester Radio an interview on Monday.

Oldham owner Abdallah Lemsagam says Kewell becomes only the fourth forced managerial change during his tenure, as two of the previous head coaches chose to leave on their own terms. He’s also told us he’ll give an interview to us on Monday.

2 minutes ago, Diego_Sideburns said:

It's a fine line between delusional and certifiable.

Only the 4th forced change in 2.5 years :lol: Christ its like its a badge of honour.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, underdog said:

But will they ask the crucial questions, will Kewell be signing the players he wants and picking the team without interference?

Even if they asked, why would anyone believe the answer?

8 minutes ago, Crusoe said:

Even if they asked, why would anyone believe the answer?

I'd believe it if they said he wouldn't be signing the players or picking the team.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

It's a fine line between delusional and certifiable.

Oldham owner Abdallah Lemsagam has told he remains “committed” to the Latics. Lemsagam says Harry Kewell is the most accomplished head coach of his tenure - and this appointment represents the start of a new dawn that he hopes the fans will get behind.

BTW it's about time the Club was referred to as Latics, not "the Latics"!
  • Like 3