Harry Kewell Departure Watch

• Replies 849
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, kowenicki said:

Honestly, I know we’ve had a merry go round and it’s early days...

However, I didn’t want this guy to begin with and it’s pretty obvious he’s clueless. 

Get rid. 

This is why I'm torn. I've always said managers should be given a chance - and resent the fact that we seem to change ours every three weeks - but I have absolutely no confidence in Kewell's ability. 

Nothing he's said or done so far has done anything to persuade me he's the right man for the job. 

At this stage I still think he should be given the opportunity to prove me wrong, though. 

3 minutes ago, Frankies6 said:

I reckon we get tonked at Bolton he's gone one thing consistent with Al at least is he gets rid of managers pretty quickly.. Groundhog day approaching 

And the consistency of getting rid of managers quickly is one of the reasons why we are consistently shit. 

59 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Which goes to show how shit he is at appointing them in the first place.

And when he does get it right (PW, and controversially I think to a lesser extent Scholes) he cannot help himself but interfere/affect/control.

2 hours ago, disjointed said:

And the consistency of getting rid of managers quickly is one of the reasons why we are consistently shit. 

Me personally we have to stick with Kewell for a while give him a run in charge, I am struggling to remember to much of him at Crawley but what I remember at County his football was shocking, carried on where he's left off by the looks.. 

I still think it’s more about player recruitment than the managers. A team of big powerful and athletic players with modest technical talents can do decently well in L2 even without a tactically astute manager. The odd midfield player with a bit more to his game can help. What we have at the moment is largely the opposite of what we need outside of the back four, who at least are big 😜! And the manager definitely fits the ‘not tactically astute’ bit. 

2 hours ago, steveecky said:

I still think it’s more about player recruitment than the managers. A team of big powerful and athletic players with modest technical talents can do decently well in L2 even without a tactically astute manager. The odd midfield player with a bit more to his game can help. What we have at the moment is largely the opposite of what we need outside of the back four, who at least are big 😜! And the manager definitely fits the ‘not tactically astute’ bit. 

^This. Apart from the fact that 8 of that 12 that played don't deserve to be paid in crab shit, the game was crying out for something to change. So what did Kewell do? Took a left back off and brought on a ...

...er, left back. And we thought Dave Penney was a "tactical genius".

4 minutes ago, Bristolatic said:

^This. Apart from the fact that 8 of that 12 that played don't deserve to be paid in crab shit, the game was crying out for something to change. So what did Kewell do? Took a left back off and brought on a ...

Exactly what we thought yesterday watching it most would have changed it no him 

17 hours ago, Frankies6 said:

Me personally we have to stick with Kewell for a while give him a run in charge, I am struggling to remember to much of him at Crawley but what I remember at County his football was shocking, carried on where he's left off by the looks.. 

Naturally 2 games in is too soon, but when? When we've dropped into the Conference or a bit before... ?! How long do you give him? 

Trouble is, he he talks a good game, but has nothing to back it up with except his achievements on the pitch. But I really hope the players haven't lost respect for him his achievements merit already because that's it. 

37 minutes ago, Bristolatic said:

Yeah, that was a bit strange. Not as if our bench was full of great alternatives though... 

1 minute ago, OneSizeFitz said:

Yeah, that was a bit strange. Not as if our bench was full of great alternatives though... 

At that stage, it could have been worth risking 3 at the back, bring Blackwood on and drop McAleny in behind? Anything, just something to shake it up.

4 minutes ago, Bristolatic said:

At that stage, it could have been worth risking 3 at the back, bring Blackwood on and drop McAleny in behind? Anything, just something to shake it up.

Yeah, I agree - nothing to lose so worth at least trying SOMETHING. Can only assume Blackwood isn't fit otherwise why wouldn't you bring him on? 

19 hours ago, Frankies6 said:

That's why he hasn't been able to get a managers job in two years. Until Lemmy gave his mate a job.

1 hour ago, singe said:

Naturally 2 games in is too soon, but when? When we've dropped into the Conference or a bit before... ?! How long do you give him? 

Trouble is, he he talks a good game, but has nothing to back it up with except his achievements on the pitch. But I really hope the players haven't lost respect for him his achievements merit already because that's it. 

Personally judge him after 10 league games,this will give us a good idea of the direction we are heading under him..End of transfer wonder we will hopefully see 2-3 more players in, im not a big fan of firing of managers but we are at a critical point in our time as a football club plus football today is less about loyalty and more about results 

1 minute ago, al_bro said:

That's why he hasn't been able to get a managers job in two years. Until Lemmy gave his mate a job.

I agree,I was completely underwhelmed with his appointment, I think we should have given dino the opportunity to build a side even though I wasn't blown away with him..I reckon 10 games we will know if he's got what it takes to progress us on the pitch 

Archived