Sido Jombati signs

My mate remembers him at Bath City before he signed for Cheltenham. Reckoned he was developing into a very good player then. Can this possibly be HK getting his own players in? Let's bloody hope so and not have any more of that French 5th Division crap.

He's just messaged me; he's rung another of his Bath City supporting mates and they reckon we've got a very good signing.

1 minute ago, Bristolatic said:

My mate remembers him at Bath City before he signed for Cheltenham. Reckoned he was developing into a very good player then. Can this possibly be HK getting his own players in? Let's bloody hope so and not have any more of that French 5th Division crap.

Nope. Him being plonked on Dino on Friday was one of the tipping points in their relationship, which ultimately led to him being axed. Pidge and CBJ coming in today...

Wycombe fan here- fantastic signing for you guys. We're very strong at RB which is his best position and at his age he needs to be playing. He's comfortably a League One right back and League Two quality at CB, where his eccentricity on the ball can be caught out more. An intelligent, eccentric and athletic full back who defends well and excels going forwards. Can also take a wonderful curling free kick from just outside the box that will add to your capability at set plays. To add to this, he's a lovely chap and will be a great character around the place. A footballer who we've loved watching at Wycombe and has played a key role in our rise from the bottom of L2 to the Championship. Easily got another three years at Football League level in him, surprised it's not a longer deal. You've done very well here.

He wasn’t making the team at Wycombe - he last played back in February for them and will be 33 years old this month. Maybe Ainsworth feels that the Championship is beyond him?

Best quote from the Wycombe fans thread:

“One of those rare players it's a joy to watch while also regularly giving you a panic attack. The definition of mercurial.”

3 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Nope. Him being plonked on Dino on Friday was one of the tipping points in their relationship, which ultimately led to him being axed. Pidge and CBJ coming in today...

If true, and I have no reason to doubt this, it would mean we have cover at the back. Just wonder if we may shortly see the departure of Hamer? 🤔

1 minute ago, TheBigDog said:

He wasn’t making the team at Wycombe - he last played back in February for them and will be 33 years old this month. Maybe Ainsworth feels that the Championship is beyond him?

“One of those rare players it's a joy to watch while also regularly giving you a panic attack. The definition of mercurial.”

Only played 7 times for them last season, according to Wiki.

Might be decent, but should only have been signed on the manager's say-so..

6 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

He doesn't have to be good enough for the championship he has to be good enough for league 2. Yeah that quote made me smile too.

13 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Dino liked Pidge though.

12 minutes ago, JoeP said:

Might be decent, but should only have been signed on the manager's say-so..

Do what you want like but, I wish those of you doing this with every signing would turn it in. 

It's boring and when it's done with a knowing, no fly's on me, wink too it's cringey as fuck. 

ALMO are going to make signings, Kewell will probably get the go ahead for a few of his too. 

I'd rather us channel anger at more important matters like the North Stand/OEC situation, treatment of staff, calibre of key staff etc, etc... 

Plenty to choose from....

25 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

He doesn't have to be good enough for the championship he has to be good enough for league 2. Yeah that quote made me smile too.

Your first sentence, whilst stating the fairly obvious, misses the point of my original post. I was looking for an explanation as to why such a Wycombe stalwart and much loved player was not offered a further contract. 

55 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Should feel right at home at BP then

17 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

Do what you want like but, I wish those of you doing this with every signing would turn it in. 

It's boring and when it's done with a knowing, no fly's on me, wink too it's cringey as fuck. 

You obviously embarrass easily..

It's something which the owner doesn't need to do, is destructive to the team and will cost him nothing to stop doing to make things better.  No harm in questioning this way of making signings - especially when the Manager has supposedly been sacked on the back of a disagreement over this particular one..

1 hour ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Is this the end of Wheater?

17 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Your first sentence, whilst stating the fairly obvious, misses the point of my original post. I was looking for an explanation as to why such a Wycombe stalwart and much loved player was not offered a further contract. 

Perhaps at this stage of his career championship football was deemed a step to far for him. He only played a handful of games in League 1 this season so that would be an indicator as to why he was released.

Seems a decent signing to me as all his former clubs speak very highly of him.

League 2 should (hopefully) be well within his capabilities.

This suggests that the decision to sack Dino was made on Friday and not before then. Given how quickly the news broke about Kewell that feels a bit unlikely to me? Would also seem to contradict the speculation that the timing was furlough-related. 

It's possible that Kewell was waiting by the phone just in case the relationship with Dino deteriorated though, I suppose. 

So, if Dino was happy with Jombati coming in, would HK still have rocked up, or would Dino have been given a stay of execution? 

For HK to have been appointed so quickly, he must have been just about installed anyway?

I just hope he has some (a lot of) say in who is signed and who isn't. He can't be forced to work with any more dross that may come in again.

1 hour ago, HarryBosch said:

ALMO are going to make signings, Kewell will probably get the go ahead for a few of his too. 

I'd rather us channel anger at more important matters like the North Stand/OEC situation, treatment of staff, calibre of key staff etc, etc... 

My problem isn’t that they (AL, ML, BO) make signings, it’s that none of our signings seemed to be joined up in any way leading to unbalanced squads and players the manager doesn’t want. So he either doesn’t play them or gets sacked/walks for not wanting to play them. 

44 minutes ago, OneSizeFitz said:

This suggests that the decision to sack Dino was made on Friday and not before then. Given how quickly the news broke about Kewell that feels a bit unlikely to me? Would also seem to contradict the speculation that the timing was furlough-related. 

It's possible that Kewell was waiting by the phone just in case the relationship with Dino deteriorated though, I suppose. 

I am still convinced the photos of Kewell on the pitch in sunshine conditions.....was taken before Saturday as there was no bloody sunshine until late afternoon on Saturday.

OR it was hollywood quality photo-shopping there...hmmmm

1 hour ago, HarryBosch said:

Do what you want like, but if you can’t see that our recruitment policy is the single biggest reason we are shit. Then good luck to you.  

😉

Archived