Davis Keillor-Dunn signs

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Wrexham Forum

Seems a slightly mixed reaction from Wrexham fans some seem to rate him Id say overall they are disappointed to see him go. 

I'll reserve judgement on this one.

careful - cultivate previous fans opinions and you’ll be accused of “digging up shit”

whilst by no means over awed - solid enough signings so far and both he and a grant look like they love a long range goal which gives something to get you out of your seat - even if only a couple of times a season 

7 minutes ago, LaticsPete said:

Isn’t that the best approach to any signing until they’ve played for us?

No you don't have too the power of the internet these days can tell us things and allows us to do research.

I don't believe its necessarily wrong to form an opinion on a player before they have kicked a ball for us.

When we signed a load of Mo's crap last season people were worried and rightly so. If we sign a proven 20 goal a season striker people will be rightly excited and again rightly so. We might be right we might be wrong but this is a discussion forum.

It reminds me of seasons gone by when we've signed loads of relatively unknowns (remember him who bagged loads for Newcastle youths?). Previously, it's not really worked. Definitely due a crop to come good. No predictions on my part but, whilst not bowled over with Kewell's appointment, at least he seems to have an input in who we're signing. 

7 minutes ago, League one forever said:

I heard he used a flight corridor to Luxembourg for some scouting. Be reet, at least we’ve got Barry to negotiate. 

Barry on Zoom?..like to see that.😀

3 minutes ago, longtimeblue said:

Seem unanimously happy to ger rid of the other we've signed.

We can't agree on here of the merits of a player who's been here a couple of seasons and captained our side.....so I think I'll give him 10 minutes playing time before I decide he's crap.

5 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

We can't agree on here of the merits of a player who's been here a couple of seasons and captained our side.....so I think I'll give him 10 minutes playing time before I decide he's crap.

As will most. Just stating a fact.

25 minutes ago, longtimeblue said:

It reminds me of seasons gone by when we've signed loads of relatively unknowns (remember him who bagged loads for Newcastle youths?). Previously, it's not really worked. Definitely due a crop to come good. No predictions on my part but, whilst not bowled over with Kewell's appointment, at least he seems to have an input in who we're signing. 

I'm genuinely puzzled how you've come to that conclusion. We know Piergianni and definitely CBJ were being actively courted by Dino and already here, doubt he met them before joining. I'd say Jombati could have been on Dino's radar because he is with the same agent as Rowe & Piergiani, and Maarmria highly likely would have come across him in his non league days, but not on Kewells surely?

I find it unlikely that Kewell will have ever heard of the Wrexham lads before they were on the scene, he's never played them either.

5 minutes ago, singe said:

I'm genuinely puzzled how you've come to that conclusion. We know Piergianni and definitely CBJ were being actively courted by Dino and already here, doubt he met them before joining. I'd say Jombati could have been on Dino's radar because he is with the same agent as Rowe & Piergiani, and Maarmria highly likely would have come across him in his non league days, but not on Kewells surely?

I find it unlikely that Kewell will have ever heard of the Wrexham lads before they were on the scene, he's never played them either.

Maybe not. Bit of a lazy assumption based on the fact all our signings have played over here. Defo a change of approach... Can't see he's not had some involvement. 

2 minutes ago, longtimeblue said:

Maybe not. Bit of a lazy assumption based on the fact all our signings have played over here. Defo a change of approach... Can't see he's not had some involvement. 

agree its a welcome change in approach. I've seen that Dino was definately going that way too. Clearly the Mo crap were all released anyway. I'd say an aim would be to have commutable distance players too to save on accommodation costs, and of course the obligatory short term deal.

12 minutes ago, singe said:

according to “in the know” Dmaarms on Twitter Jombati was what led to Dino calling it quits as he didn’t want him 

59 minutes ago, singe said:

Aye. It always makes me smile when a manager comes in, and two days later a signing appears with the manager declaring ‘he’s exactly the player I want at this football club’ 

Oookayyy. 

1 hour ago, singe said:

Dino didnt want jombati

Archived