Davis Keillor-Dunn signs

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, singe said:

agree its a welcome change in approach. I've seen that Dino was definately going that way too. Clearly the Mo crap were all released anyway. I'd say an aim would be to have commutable distance players too to save on accommodation costs, and of course the obligatory short term deal.

Having just seen Maarmia's interview on YouTube... It's now clear that Kewell's played no part in recruitment. Fuck knows who's been scouting these #Conference lads then.

1 minute ago, longtimeblue said:

Having just seen Maarmia's interview on YouTube... It's now clear that Kewell's played no part in recruitment. Fuck knows who's been scouting these #Conference lads then.

For me it doesn’t really matter who’s done it, and they may well all turn out to be decent signings. But not including the head coach in the process in some way is almost certainly going to end badly. 

Are there any other clubs where the head coach has zero input over some signings?

8 minutes ago, longtimeblue said:

Agents

It all feels a little to me like we got relegated last season and we're now in the Conference. Call me old school maybe, but can't in any way get enthusiastic at signing two lads from Wrexham, Wycombe's second choice full back and a centre half that Salford City didn't want.

34 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Some will decide on his first kick of the ball.

Some may. The vast majority won't. I don't think it's anything other than relevant to point out that the fans of the club we've just signed a player from reckon he's shit. It may be that he was too good for that level and couldn'ty be arsed. Here's hoping.

9 minutes ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

It all feels a little to me like we got relegated last season and we're now in the Conference. Call me old school maybe, but can't in any way get enthusiastic at signing two lads from Wrexham, Wycombe's second choice full back and a centre half that Salford City didn't want.

I totally agree! But miracles happen this lot could click and I have an amazing season! Lets hold judgement!

54 minutes ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

And then throw into the mix having an unproven manager trying to get the best out of them who seems to have had zero input in bringing them to the club 😩

I'm depressed about next season now, I was giddy after seeing that Bobby Grant Fleetwood vid earlier!!!

20 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Someone have the link to Dino interview ? 

Its on YouTube. Your not missing anything mind,  just the usual bullshit!! Club wanting to go in a different direction as regards recruitment but there was never any interference in his team selection!

1 hour ago, longtimeblue said:

1 hour ago, BP1960 said:

Agents

Rowe, the Wycombe lad & Pidge all have the same agent.... Lawler & the Wrexham winger another agent. Dunno who is Grant’s agent.... it would seem they are asking a small cohort of agents to find them players.... bet ALBOMO have seen little or nothing of most of them. The agents work for the players, not the club. It stinks that agents then charge the club a fee for presenting them.

1 hour ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

Get used to it- it’s the new normal. 😮

6 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

Rowe, the Wycombe lad & Pidge all have the same agent.... Lawler & the Wrexham winger another agent. Dunno who is Grant’s agent.... it would seem they are asking a small cohort of agents to find them players.... bet ALBOMO have seen little or nothing of most of them. The agents work for the players, not the club. It stinks that agents then charge the club a fee for presenting them.

Grant's agent is Paul Martin 

35 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

The days of scouting and managers meeting players in motorway cafes has long since gone. Agents rule the game now.

16 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

The days of scouting and managers meeting players in motorway cafes has long since gone. Agents rule the game now.

I disagree. 

I think that’s what lazy clubs do.

Proper clubs have in depth cohesive recruitment, based on a number of factors. They don’t just wait for the phone to ring with offers of players. 

6 minutes ago, League one forever said:

I disagree. 

I think that’s what lazy clubs do.

Proper clubs have in depth cohesive recruitment, based on a number of factors. They don’t just wait for the phone to ring with offers of players. 

Check how much EPL clubs paid to agents last season.

2 hours ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

Agree. 

8 hours ago, BP1960 said:

They might, but one would hope a well run football club might identify a player that would fit their plans and then approach the club/agent to try to secure a deal..... as opposed to ringing up an agent and putting an order in for a type of player, without ever having seen any of them play.

10 hours ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

a centre half that Salford City didn't want.

Although most who saw him frequently for Latics did want him. Salford aren’t necessarily the arbiters of quality otherwise their money last season would have seen them up. 

Archived