Friendlies

15 hours ago, singe said:

It it possible that this is not a million miles from our squad? if a couple of the Trialists have signed (no reason to dout that). We know it is going to be trimmed. Finally, we might get less quantity, more quality, but quite a few more scholars rather than a full squad of Reserves and Youth (er, I mean Marco's misfits)

Don't know if any of the Trialist did both halves, although unlikely.

First-half XI: Lawlor, Fage, Jombati, Piergianni, Borthwick-Jackson, Grant, Trialist, Trialist, Keillor-Dunn, Rowe, Dearnley.

Second-half XI: Woods, Higgins, Wheater, Sutton, Trialist, Da Silva, Trialist, Hough, Speed, Luamba, Trialist. 

Higgins? 

Sutton? 

Hough? 

Luamba? 

Kids? 

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I went to the FCUM friendly with Latics several seasons ago when Bunny and Rhodesey had taken up the reins of managing the club. The first half was putrid, we improved after the break and won 2-0 however we had a team of triallists including Branger, Giles Coke (horrendous), O'Grady (immobile) and others. 

I came away thinking at least we didn't lose to a United team, impressed at being able to drink in the ground and confident i wouldn't see any of the triallists again as none had stood out. I was horrified when it turns out we signed them all pretty much. 

Hope we don't repeat the mistakes of the last 2/3 seasons and recruit players who we have on trial just because they are available but i won't hold my breath              

2 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

2-2 last I heard.

FT - Curzon 2-3 Latics

Another good test with two hour-long games, with two different sides.

Game 1️⃣

Finished in a two-nil victory with Conor McAleny & @davisjames10 scoring.

Game 2️⃣

Curzon scored two headed goals from set pieces before Trialist got one back at the end.

12 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Find it very interesting that Wheater played in the second game again tonight along with Woods (who will probably never play for us again) and the rest of the fringe/youth team...

Wonder if that's Kewell's decision? 🤔

1 hour ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Find it very interesting that Wheater played in the second game again tonight along with Woods (who will probably never play for us again) and the rest of the fringe/youth team...

Can’t think of any reason really unless he’s regarded as a shoe in and so he’s giving the new lads some early game time. If he was on his way (and as he’d probably command a fee) I don’t think he would play in a competitive game at all.

Archived