Friendlies

Pretty happy with the signings so far,  still think we need a couple more .Saul Milanovic has been rumoured to be with us. He is a Latics fan so i take it there would be no problems signing him up if we wanted  him and he is available.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

Can’t think of any reason really unless he’s regarded as a shoe in and so he’s giving the new lads some early game time. If he was on his way (and as he’d probably command a fee) I don’t think he would play in a competitive game at all.

Unless he is being frozen out due to the dispute with the club? It is also feasible that they've put him in that side for the last two friendlies to help the young lads out too. Mohammed Lemsagam was there last night...

9 hours ago, penrhyn said:

Pretty happy with the signings so far,  still think we need a couple more .Saul Milanovic has been rumoured to be with us. He is a Latics fan so i take it there would be no problems signing him up if we wanted  him and he is available.

Certainly. It's not like two Oldham fans have resigned as manager in the last 18 months because of working conditions.

4 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Unless he is being frozen out due to the dispute with the club? It is also feasible that they've put him in that side for the last two friendlies to help the young lads out too. Mohammed Lemsagam was there last night...

Mo to watch his nephew who was impressive according to some reports.

If this is a spoof it's a very good one.

4 hours ago, astottie said:

Agreed. I dont think we even have a decent first XI yet.

Teams

Game One XI: Lawlor, Hamer, Jombati, Piergianni, Borthwick-Jackson, Grant, Trialist, Trialist, Keillor-Dunn, Rowe, McAleny (Luamba on at HT).

Game Two XI: Woods, Fage, Wheater, Trialist, Trialist, Da Silva, Trialist, Trialist, Speed, Trialist, Dearnley.

I notice that Hamer played  🤔

6 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Teams

Game One XI: Lawlor, Hamer, Jombati, Piergianni, Borthwick-Jackson, Grant, Trialist, Trialist, Keillor-Dunn, Rowe, McAleny (Luamba on at HT).

Game Two XI: Woods, Fage, Wheater, Trialist, Trialist, Da Silva, Trialist, Trialist, Speed, Trialist, Dearnley.

I notice that Hamer played  🤔

Where"s Maouche?

9 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

I make it a minimum 6-8 new faces needed...

Eight would be ideal, maybe we will get 6 most of these would be squad players i guess  with three being more likely to be first eleven.Guess we will have to wait and see.

12 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

You were right first time IMO. We have seen it so often. Frozen out because the owners want rid of high wages.

14 minutes ago, Pidge said:

You were right first time IMO. We have seen it so often. Frozen out because the owners want rid of high wages.

Am I right in saying Wheater hasn't had a number on his shirt in both games? (Hopefully just waiting for larger sizes to arrive!).

4 minutes ago, mick26 said:

Am I right in saying Wheater hasn't had a number on his shirt in both games? (Hopefully just waiting for larger sizes to arrive!).

I wouldn’t read too much into that - I've seen players with one number on their shirt and a different one on their shorts.  It’s not a major thing but shows our lack of professionalism in general 

22 hours ago, Pidge said:

Who is the best CB Jombati or Wheater? If HK knows the answer we will see when the season starts!!!!😁

According to Australian media we play Nottingham Forest tomorrow.

Also that we are signing an Aussie kid next week with A League experience

Oh and Al reckons Kewell is taking us to the Championship and we will be signing players from top clubs United, City and Lyon... got to keep the French connection.

3 hours ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

According to Australian media we play Nottingham Forest tomorrow.

Also that we are signing an Aussie kid next week with A League experience

Oh and Al reckons Kewell is taking us to the Championship and we will be signing players from top clubs United, City and Lyon... got to keep the French connection.

And the youth are playing at Winsford with 150 spectators allowed in.

Fan Safety is Priority!!!!

In order for us to adhere to FA guidance, we will only be allowing 150 spectators in this Saturday for our game against 
@OfficialOAFC
 - Gates open at 12:00pm, Please abide by the new COVID procedures introduced 💙

Archived