Friendlies

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

According to Australian media we play Nottingham Forest tomorrow.

Also that we are signing an Aussie kid next week with A League experience

Oh and Al reckons Kewell is taking us to the Championship and we will be signing players from top clubs United, City and Lyon... got to keep the French connection.

He also says people who support the previous regime are causing negativity. More lies. Funny how he willing to talk to the Aussie press and not ours.

4 hours ago, al_bro said:

He also says people who support the previous regime are causing negativity. More lies. Funny how he willing to talk to the Aussie press and not ours.

Its not even mentioned on the official Forest website.

The fact that there has been no mention till late about Saturdays fixture is hardly surprising . Given that Oldham is on the verge of another lockdown and fans have travelled to behind closed door games when asked not too . Can't really condone the club , but they can't do any right at the moment. Pity is the fans who stopped going weren't all the moaning bastards who still piss and moan about every little thing. I guess same as we have always been .

On 8/21/2020 at 5:04 PM, al_bro said:

I forgot to mention that AL also says, the target this season is promotion, either automatically or via the playoffs. He will need another 8 (at least) decent players to manage that.

3 minutes ago, al_bro said:

I forgot to mention that AL also says, the target this season is promotion, either automatically or via the playoffs. He will need another 8 (at least) decent players to manage that.

I spoke to someone who worked at the club when we were relegated - he said “Abdallah is determined to come straight back up” so I hope he forgives me when I take that statement with as much seriousness I took the rest of it 

10 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

I know it’s only pre season but Rowe doesn’t seem to be firing yet 

Should not read too much into it.  Friendlies at this stage are just workouts to improve fitness and work on formations.  The win is a bonus.

1 hour ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

No - any need for that? It was merely an observation that our marquee striker is yet to score 

At the end of last season, Rowe was dropping deep and acting as a provider (and doing a good job in my opinion).

If Dearnley is on the same wavelength and can finish off the chances, then that works for me.

30 minutes ago, Clubfootkilkenny said:

Why? He’s bang average for me anyway!

As an ex scout I can see the potential in him, his movement off the ball, awareness and finishing. Those attributes will draw attention from higher clubs IMO.

3 hours ago, Oldham_till_i_die said:

Although no sign of Rowe bagging, dearnley has been putting the ball in the net all most every game which is nice to see⚽

Also keilor davis james has bagged in every game if im right and i thought he was a bench warmer.

On 8/21/2020 at 1:27 PM, Chaddyexile84 said:

According to Australian media we play Nottingham Forest tomorrow.

Also that we are signing an Aussie kid next week with A League experience

Oh and Al reckons Kewell is taking us to the Championship and we will be signing players from top clubs United, City and Lyon... got to keep the French connection.

You got a link to the interview mate?
I fancy a laugh. 

Archived