Joe Royle Stand - Season Tickets

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, disjointed said:

Thanks for this Ben, but I would have thought that between the OEC owners and the club it would be easy to sort out some sort of security on a match day basis, just a bit of talking between both parties, problem solved. 

In February this year BBC Sport reported the following:

"Damaged fire doors and lack of CCTV in the North Stand were cited by the (Safety Advisory) group as reasons for the closure, as well as the absence of an operational safety agreement in place between the OEC and the club. 

The North Stand is owned by Brass Bank, but on matchdays the safety certificate says the club operate the stand two hours before kick-off until one hour after full-time - yet there is a dispute between the two on how it is run.

In late 2019, the club and the OEC each submitted agreements to the SAG but they differ over the right of the club to impose restrictions on how the OEC is operated and who can be admitted to it on matchdays.

With two different safety agreements in place, the council had asked both parties to talk and decide where guidelines can be managed and matched. The OEC offered to meet with the Latics and the SAG to resolve matters, but this meeting was declined by the club unless the OEC first signed its version of the agreement."

2 hours ago, LaticMark said:

In February this year BBC Sport reported the following:

"Damaged fire doors and lack of CCTV in the North Stand were cited by the (Safety Advisory) group as reasons for the closure, as well as the absence of an operational safety agreement in place between the OEC and the club. 

The North Stand is owned by Brass Bank, but on matchdays the safety certificate says the club operate the stand two hours before kick-off until one hour after full-time - yet there is a dispute between the two on how it is run.

In late 2019, the club and the OEC each submitted agreements to the SAG but they differ over the right of the club to impose restrictions on how the OEC is operated and who can be admitted to it on matchdays.

With two different safety agreements in place, the council had asked both parties to talk and decide where guidelines can be managed and matched. The OEC offered to meet with the Latics and the SAG to resolve matters, but this meeting was declined by the club unless the OEC first signed its version of the agreement."

That was a long time ago, so why no progress on what seems a simple matter of hiring security on the door?

1 hour ago, BP1960 said:

That was a long time ago, so why no progress on what seems a simple matter of hiring security on the door?

This is one of many reasons why I'm not renewing my 4 tickets. The owner has complete contempt for the fans. This should and could have been sorted months ago. Instead they put this stand's tickets up for sale knowing that the stand will not open.

1 hour ago, Emcee_Latic said:

This is one of many reasons why I'm not renewing my 4 tickets. The owner has complete contempt for the fans. This should and could have been sorted months ago. Instead they put this stand's tickets up for sale knowing that the stand will not open.

Couldn't agree more - that's why my season ticket money is still in my bank - not the owner's!!

The club's response to The Trust on the closure of the Joe Royle Stand:

"The Club recognises the disappointment of fans, is striving to resolve this situation and expects to issue a detailed statement by the end of next week."

We'll see.

7 minutes ago, Stainrod said:

A ‘detailed statement’ suggests a problem.
A simple ‘it is resolved and will open’ is all that’s needed.

Very true, and the detailed statement suggests lots of self serving justificiation for unjustified action.

1 hour ago, Stainrod said:

A ‘detailed statement’ suggests a problem.
A simple ‘it is resolved and will open’ is all that’s needed.

Yup. It doesn’t bode well for the opening of the stand. It really is unbelievable that the two parties are still unable to reach an agreement. 

2 hours ago, singe said:

Very true, and the detailed statement suggests lots of self serving justificiation for unjustified action.

Another game of statement tennis looks to be on its way...

21 hours ago, Emcee_Latic said:

Why does this prove this? why is it not the owners of the stand?

“In late 2019, the club and the OEC each submitted agreements to the SAG but they differ over the right of the club to impose restrictions on how the OEC is operated and who can be admitted to it on match days”

This has always been an issue but I’ve forgotten the detail behind this 🤔

9 minutes ago, Lags said:

Why does this prove this? why is it not the owners of the stand?

It has been placed on record that the club won't even meet to discuss the outstanding safety matters until the owners/operators of the OEC sign something that the owners of the OEC don't feel they should or need to sign.

I may be wrong, but I don't think the club has specifically refuted that claim.  And I don't think they've fully explained this condition of theirs and why they won't even meet to discuss without it being met.

5 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

It has been placed on record that the club won't even meet to discuss the outstanding safety matters until the owners/operators of the OEC sign something that the owners of the OEC don't feel they should or need to sign.

I may be wrong, but I don't think the club has specifically refuted that claim.  And I don't think they've fully explained this condition of theirs and why they won't even meet to discuss without it being met.

I don't know or been told what the differences in both parties policies are.  Why can it not be conceived the other party's policy is wildly unacceptable?. Again I am not saying that's the case, it could be the club, we just don't know. It just never seems to be even entertained on here. 

56 minutes ago, Lags said:

I don't know or been told what the differences in both parties policies are.  Why can it not be conceived the other party's policy is wildly unacceptable?. Again I am not saying that's the case, it could be the club, we just don't know. It just never seems to be even entertained on here. 

Eh? All of that has been done to death in various different ways on numerous occasions by all involved in the OEC now & then, Blitz, Abdallah's accountant, his lawyer.....

1 hour ago, Lags said:

Nice attempt to change the narrative, shift some of the blame.

No one buys it.

Everyone knows the games the club has played, with absolutely no regard for the fans.

1 minute ago, singe said:

Nice attempt to change the narrative, shift some of the blame.

No one buys it.

Everyone knows the games the club has played, with absolutely no regard for the fans.

Exactly, change the narrative away from your usual stuff. You know to form another possibility. Clearly that's something you really don't want to see on the board. Why not?, what's to lose you know you're right, yes?. 

37 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

Eh? All of that has been done to death in various different ways on numerous occasions by all involved in the OEC now & then, Blitz, Abdallah's accountant, his lawyer.....

Go on then, tell the board the outcome and what are the differences?

32 minutes ago, Lags said:

Exactly, change the narrative away from your usual stuff. You know to form another possibility. Clearly that's something you really don't want to see on the board. Why not?, what's to lose you know you're right, yes?. 

If we were completely in the dark as to what had gone on, then another possibility should be considered, yes.

But we're not completely in the dark.

25 minutes ago, singe said:

If we were completely in the dark as to what had gone on, then another possibility should be considered, yes.

But we're not completely in the dark.

So tell me and others, because I certainly would like to know. What really has gone on and what are these differences in the two parties policies that's brought this impasse? 

Hopefully the impasse will be resolved next week - but I'm not optimistic!

BBC Sport reported:

"With two different safety agreements in place, (Oldham) council had asked both parties to talk and decide where guidelines can be managed and matched. The OEC offered to meet with the Latics and the SAG to resolve matters, but this meeting was declined by the club unless the OEC first signed its version of the agreement."

Both sides need to meet with no pre-conditions on this meeting. Someone should lock Blitz and his lawyer and AL and his lawyer in a room until they come up with a mutually acceptable safety agreement.

At least have a meeting and try and resolve the differences ffs.

:ranting:

1 minute ago, LaticMark said:

BBC Sport reported:

"With two different safety agreements in place, (Oldham) council had asked both parties to talk and decide where guidelines can be managed and matched. The OEC offered to meet with the Latics and the SAG to resolve matters, but this meeting was declined by the club unless the OEC first signed its version of the agreement."

Both sides need to meet with no pre-conditions on this meeting. Someone should lock Blitz and his lawyer and AL and his lawyer in a room until they come up with a mutually acceptable safety agreement.

like this way of thinking - lock AL and Blitz and a piece of 2 x 4 in a room.

whoever is left when it’s unlocked wins 

3 hours ago, LaticMark said:

BBC Sport reported:

You posted that article “from 6 months ago” and it was dated 29 February.

Mike Minay’s article a week later on 6 March confirmed that a deal had been reached between Brassbank and AL.  The debenture was paid off as a result.  

So they did meet, resolved their differences and hopefully, the Stand will be open when spectators are let back into the ground in 6 weeks time.

Then we can have another pissboil and come up with some different arguments for boycotting 🙈🙈🙈

Archived