Joe Royle Stand - Season Tickets

10 minutes ago, Inspiral_Carpet said:

You posted that article “from 6 months ago” and it was dated 29 February.

Mike Minay’s article a week later on 6 March confirmed that a deal had been reached between Brassbank and AL.  The debenture was paid off as a result.  

So they did meet, resolved their differences and hopefully, the Stand will be open when spectators are let back into the ground in 6 weeks time.

Then we can have another pissboil and come up with some different arguments for boycotting 🙈🙈🙈

So why are tickets for said stand now not for sale? 

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

So why are tickets for said stand now not for sale? 

I don’t know.  I was just posting some facts to correct a misunderstanding. 

But I would suspect that the solution for the Safety Certificate lies with Brassbank rather than OAFC.  Maybe we will find out next week?

I despise this regime but I am also happy to acknowledge that not everything is their fault.

1 minute ago, Inspiral_Carpet said:

I don’t know.  I was just posting some facts to correct a misunderstanding. 

But I would suspect that the solution for the Safety Certificate lies with Brassbank rather than OAFC.  Maybe we will find out next week?

I despise this regime but I am also happy to acknowledge that not everything is their fault.

As I have said many many times and backed up by Mr Owen at the fans forum - the match day safety lies with the certificate holder which is Mr Lemsagem 

1 hour ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

As I have said many many times and backed up by Mr Owen at the fans forum - the match day safety lies with the certificate holder which is Mr Lemsagem 

Does it matter financially to Brassbank if the stand is open or not?

1 minute ago, BP1960 said:

Does it matter financially to Brassbank if the stand is open not?

not on Matchdays if Neil Joy was to believed as the club gets all income on those days (if that is correct).  The stand was open on non matchdays and still is for the gym and club shop so it can’t be that unsafe which suggests the “unsafe” bits are match day and thus the responsibility of the certificate holder - AL.

I carry out Health and Safety inspections on construction sites several times a month - I see something needs fixing, I point it out, if not serious I set a time frame to rectify, if serious I stop work and call for immediate rectification. If refused the police and HSE are an option - the club has done none of this 

43 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

not on Matchdays if Neil Joy was to believed as the club gets all income on those days (if that is correct).  The stand was open on non matchdays and still is for the gym and club shop so it can’t be that unsafe which suggests the “unsafe” bits are match day and thus the responsibility of the certificate holder - AL.

I carry out Health and Safety inspections on construction sites several times a month - I see something needs fixing, I point it out, if not serious I set a time frame to rectify, if serious I stop work and call for immediate rectification. If refused the police and HSE are an option - the club has done none of this 

Maybe you can have a walk around the stand with the club's safety officer?

On Sunday evening I shall be sending a short email to:

natalie.atkinson@oldhamathletic.co.uk

In it I will be urging her to sort out once and for all the ongoing impasse that we have reached with the North Stand. I will emphasise the importance to the fans of having the stand’s facilities available.The fans are the lifeblood of the club and by sorting out this issue, she will go some way to rebuilding fans’ confidence in the club. I will also point out that the credibility of the club and it’s reputation are on the line. 

It may not make any difference to the final outcome but it would have an extra impact if a few more emails on the subject were waiting in her in-box come Monday morning... Keep it polite and to the point.

And if anyone has an email address for the representative of the OEC then can you let me have it and I will send the same to them. 😎

15 hours ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Don’t think anyone disputes that. Not really the full story is it. The upkeep and safety of the stand fabric for visitors is a 24/7 requirement. If the stand isn’t fit for supporter numbers then it isn’t fit for purpose. A blocked exit on Saturday morning was blocked on Friday evening presumably and was a risk to visitors to the OEC social events.  

Surely the safety on the day is relating to effective stewarding etc. 

Not laying blame, just saying that without the cooperation of both AL and OEC, the match day safety will always be at risk of being compromised. 

If either party is deliberately breaking the H&S regs to cause trouble for the other (and ultimately the fans) then they are massively out of order. 

4 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Don’t think anyone disputes that. Not really the full story is it. The upkeep and safety of the stand fabric for visitors is a 24/7 requirement. If the stand isn’t fit for supporter numbers then it isn’t fit for purpose. A blocked exit on Saturday morning was blocked on Friday evening presumably and was a risk to visitors to the OEC social events.  

Not laying blame, just saying that without the cooperation of both AL and OEC, the match day safety will always be at risk of being compromised. 

If either party is deliberately breaking the H&S regs to cause trouble for the other (and ultimately the fans) then they are massively out of order. 

Cant argue with any of that tbf 

1 hour ago, TheBigDog said:

In it I will be urging her to sort out once and for all the ongoing impasse that we have reached with the North Stand. I will emphasise the importance to the fans of having the stand’s facilities available.The fans are the lifeblood of the club and by sorting out this issue, she will go some way to rebuilding fans’ confidence in the club. I will also point out that the credibility of the club and it’s reputation are on the line. 

It may not make any difference to the final outcome but it would have an extra impact if a few more emails on the subject were waiting in her in-box come Monday morning... Keep it polite and to the point.

And if anyone has an email address for the representative of the OEC then can you let me have it and I will send the same to them. 😎

DM Simon Brooke on Twitter or OEC Twitter.  Essentially the same thing. 

23 hours ago, Lags said:

Go on then, tell the board the outcome and what are the differences?

The outcome? Err, it's still closed.

You said this "I don't know or been told what the differences in both parties policies are.  Why can it not be conceived the other party's policy is wildly unacceptable?. Again I am not saying that's the case, it could be the club, we just don't know. It just never seems to be even entertained on here. "

The "differences" are that Abdallah won't agree to what the OEC are proposing as the Service Level Agreement.

Is that what you're asking?

This was broken right down into the costs of the boxes, catering, staffing etc. for both standard season tickets and 100 club tickets way back. Numerous times. 

Abdallah and/or his accountant didn't seem to understand, or were pretending not to. 

Then you've got the "safety issues" which, again, have been done to death. 

2 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

I’ve already sent her 2 emails, (the first of which she has replied) and also spoken to her highlighting the importance of having the stand up and running. She replied to the 2nd email on Monday of this week asking for my phone number.

I am still waiting for a call!

She’s very diplomatic and extremely helpful but I’m sensing she has no clout whatsoever in regards to the North Stand.

39 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

I would expect the blocked exit was the padlocked one. Not good in match hours, but out of hours permissable if not ideal. I'd hope that has been solved though , as it's comparatively easy. 

I suspect the sticking point is the digital cctv. Clearly needed for match days, not really for other times. 

1 hour ago, HarryBosch said:

The outcome? Err, it's still closed.

You said this "I don't know or been told what the differences in both parties policies are.  Why can it not be conceived the other party's policy is wildly unacceptable?. Again I am not saying that's the case, it could be the club, we just don't know. It just never seems to be even entertained on here. "

The "differences" are that Abdallah won't agree to what the OEC are proposing as the Service Level Agreement.

Is that what you're asking?

This was broken right down into the costs of the boxes, catering, staffing etc. for both standard season tickets and 100 club tickets way back. Numerous times. 

Abdallah and/or his accountant didn't seem to understand, or were pretending not to. 

Then you've got the "safety issues" which, again, have been done to death. 

No. Everyone knows Al/club don't agree what the OEC are proposing as the service level agreement. So what is it in that service level agreement that is the problem?. A what point in the talks did it break down? ie....the impasse. So no, you've not answered it and the 'done to death' on OWTB never got to the root, did it? 

24 minutes ago, Lags said:

No. Everyone knows Al/club don't agree what the OEC are proposing as the service level agreement. So what is it in that service level agreement that is the problem?. A what point in the talks did it break down? ie....the impasse. So no, you've not answered it and the 'done to death' on OWTB never got to the root, did it? 

Not sure if you've missed me posting it earlier, but it's been widely reported (BBC and elsewhere) that at the time the club refused to meet with the OEC and SAG to discuss the issues between the 2 different agreements unless the OEC signed the clubs version. I don't believe that has been denied by the club.

Why not sit round the table and talk? The other parties were seemingly willing to do this.

1 minute ago, nzlatic said:

Not sure if you've missed me posting it earlier, but it's been widely reported (BBC and elsewhere) that at the time the club refused to meet with the OEC and SAG to discuss the issues between the 2 different agreements unless the OEC signed the clubs version. I don't believe that has been denied by the club.

Why not sit round the table and talk? The other parties were seemingly willing to do this.

I don't know, it's a fair point.

1 minute ago, nzlatic said:

It’s also not been refuted that the terms of the SAG are exactly the same as previous years one of which AL happily went along with until this year 

2 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

It’s also not been refuted that the terms of the SAG are exactly the same as previous years one of which AL happily went along with until this year 

It appears not now, but that's another claim.

23 minutes ago, Lags said:

From what I’ve read one party(A) being the OEC/FLG wants to sit down and sort it out, the other party(B) doesn’t unless party(A) signs party(B’s) agreement before sitting down and sorting it out. 

So if party(A) was to sign party(B’s) agreement before hand thus losing any negotiating power. I think it is quite clear which party is to blame for the impasse problem.

2 minutes ago, WLYOWD said:

From what I’ve read one party(A) being the OEC/FLG wants to sit down and sort it out, the other party(B) doesn’t unless party(A) signs party(B’s) agreement before sitting down and sorting it out. 

So if party(A) was to sign party(B’s) agreement before hand thus losing any negotiating power. I think it is quite clear which party is to blame for the impasse problem.

Really? why, what is the agreement stating

Archived