Conor McAleny signs

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Seen a tweet about it, but it does remind me very much of when we signed Ryan Flynn in 2016. Lots of people very excited about a player who spends most of his time coming off the bench and hasn't done much apart from a purple patch at Oxford...

Flynn came to my mind too.

35 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Seen a tweet about it, but it does remind me very much of when we signed Ryan Flynn in 2016. Lots of people very excited about a player who spends most of his time coming off the bench and hasn't done much apart from a purple patch at Oxford...

Flynn had 1 mint game at cam quite early on in a cup game. He barely played there again. Still certain he'd have been good had he been given that spot...

8 minutes ago, doctor evil said:

Flynn had 1 mint game at cam quite early on in a cup game. He barely played there again. Still certain he'd have been good had he been given that spot...

this - he was played right wing for the rest of his time - yet another example of just not playing players to their strengths ala left wing Rooney 

13 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

All we can do is sign players with a decent pedigree (McAleny certainly has that) and hope for the best. I’d rather sign the McAleny’s of the world than the Kokos, Fages, Syllas and Gonzalez’

12 minutes ago, PlayItLivo said:

All we can do is sign players with a decent pedigree (McAleny certainly has that) and hope for the best. I’d rather sign the McAleny’s of the world than the Kokos, Fages, Syllas and Gonzalez’

I dont even know who Gonzalez is/was.

49 minutes ago, astottie said:

I dont even know who Gonzalez is/was.

He was the guy with the Sergio Aguero hair style. Didn't he go on loan to Ashton United and got sent back à la Sefil?

Another one of Mighty Mo's spectacular failures.

2 hours ago, PlayItLivo said:

Fage is still here.

1 hour ago, Oldham82 said:

Got a good feeling mr kewell is going to be good for us alot of 3 point Saturday afternoons on the way

Really? I'd like to know your thought process for that. Kewell's record is not spectacular.

Granted, we're not signing the dire standard of the last few years, but they are hardly proven or world beating. It might take some time for the squad to even gel too. There's always a chance it will work, but you'd not bet any significant sums on things changing.  Our best hope is Kewell has learned from his mistakes at Crawley & Notts County.

44 minutes ago, singe said:

Really? I'd like to know your thought process for that. Kewell's record is not spectacular.

Granted, we're not signing the dire standard of the last few years, but they are hardly proven or world beating. It might take some time for the squad to even gel too. There's always a chance it will work, but you'd not bet any significant sums on things changing.  Our best hope is Kewell has learned from his mistakes at Crawley & Notts County.

He said he had a feeling, you tend not to have thought processes for feelings. Can't someone show a bit of optimism on here ?

6 hours ago, Oldham82 said:

Got a good feeling mr kewell is going to be good for us alot of 3 point Saturday afternoons on the way

Ahhh. . the eternal optimism based on nothing but pure hope. Love it. 

I do however give it ten minutes into the first game, before ‘Mr Kewell’ has become ‘this fucking Herbert’ 😉

15 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Ahhh. . the eternal optimism based on nothing but pure hope. Love it. 

I do however give it ten minutes into the first game, before ‘Mr Kewell’ has become ‘this fucking Herbert’ 😉

Well it cannot be worse than last season !!!!

On 8/18/2020 at 6:20 PM, Lee Sinnott said:

McAleny looked good last night. Good touch and good work rate. Let’s hope he continues to show the same against better opposition.

The jury is very much out about Jombati.

Archived