New layout

1 hour ago, Matt said:

This is interesting. Years back, people moved away from specific (niche? isolated?) forums to be 'together' on Facebook and Twitter, and whilst their reach and connectivity is unparalleled (for better or worse), there seems to be a trend for the same people to return to distinct sports-centric forums - or at the very least, using a combination of all of the available platforms.

I come here because despite the occasional spat (I was involved in one the other day regrettably) we have good discussion and everyone is clearly passionate about the club. I am in that Realistic FB page and it’s nothing short of delusional - not been kicked as I have never written a comment. 

This is a great forum with a great sense of community, something you don’t get on social media groups as it’s to easy to join and chat rubbish essentially. 

Just to add, the fact that the forum is named after someone who sadly passed away says it all to me. Great group. 

1 hour ago, Matt said:

This is interesting. Years back, people moved away from specific (niche? isolated?) forums to be 'together' on Facebook and Twitter, and whilst their reach and connectivity is unparalleled (for better or worse), there seems to be a trend for the same people to return to distinct sports-centric forums - or at the very least, using a combination of all of the available platforms.

I think forums based on specific interests avoid the general unpleasantness that comes with seeing everyone’s opinions on other subjects. For the most part these forums avoid debates on Brexit, immigration, race, gender, and other polarised topics.

1 hour ago, Crusoe said:

I think forums based on specific interests avoid the general unpleasantness that comes with seeing everyone’s opinions on other subjects. For the most part these forums avoid debates on Brexit, immigration, race, gender, and other polarised topics.

Exactly. It's nice to have one place on the internet where the same arguments on the same topics aren't being rehashed, and we can argue about Maouche instead.

Great job on the upgrade.

On 8/20/2020 at 8:01 PM, oafcmetty said:

Like it, but is there an option for dark mode?

+1

That would really help me - I have a problem with reading text on a white backgrounds and my "Dark Background and Light Text  add-on" is failing on the new OWTB  layout.

On 8/20/2020 at 8:01 PM, oafcmetty said:

Like it, but is there an option for dark mode?

17 hours ago, laticsrblue said:

+1

That would really help me - I have a problem with reading text on a white backgrounds and my "Dark Background and Light Text  add-on" is failing on the new OWTB  layout.

I've created a darker theme, you can switch between the default, brighter theme and the dark mode theme at the bottom of the page. Use the drop-down and select your theme. It's not perfect, but it's something I can tweak if needs be.

image.png

22 minutes ago, Matt said:

I've created a darker theme, you can switch between the default, brighter theme and the dark mode theme at the bottom of the page. Use the drop-down and select your theme. It's not perfect, but it's something I can tweak if needs be.

image.png

Like it. Definitely easier on these old eyes.

31 minutes ago, Matt said:

image.png

Excellent stuff. Cheers for that. 

4 hours ago, Matt said:

image.png

Am going to test it in the evening as well, but I do like it cheers

5 hours ago, Matt said:

image.png

Thanks Matt - that works better with my add-on.

Archived