Who Do You Hold Responsible For The Closure Of The Joe Royle Stand?

Who do you hold responsible for the closure of the Joe Royle Stand?  

108 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you hold responsible for the closure of the Joe Royle Stand?

• Blitz
    • Lemsagam
    • Both

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/04/2020 at 02:30 PM

This has been rumbling on since January of this year, although the club announced in March that the "Joe Royle Stand at Boundary Park will be open for the 2020/21 season."

Tickets for the Joe Royle Stand were originally put on sale, but then pulled at the beginning of August. We're now waiting for a a "detailed statement by the end of next week."

There is clearly an impasse, but who do you hold responsible for the closure of the Joe Royle Stand?

🟥 Vote Blitz - If you blame Simon Blitz, Danny Gazal, the OEC, or the FLG.

🟥 Vote Lemsagam - If you blame Abdallah Lemsagam, Mohamed Lemsagam, Barry Owen, or the Club.

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are no good guys in this Simon Blitz has played his part in this shit show

But AL should have known all about this when he bought the club and should've known that not owning the ground meant cooperating with the landlord whether he liked it or not so I hold him responsible.

Knowone is winning in this and with the owner and the landlord at each other throats Oldham Athletic is weakened by it.

2 hours ago, kowenicki said:

Both. 

1 hour ago, GlossopLatic said:

There are no good guys in this Simon Blitz has played his part in this shit show

But AL should have known all about this when he bought the club and should've known that not owning the ground meant cooperating with the landlord whether he liked it or not so I hold him responsible.

Knowone is winning in this and with the owner and the landlord at each other throats Oldham Athletic is weakened by it.

Agreed.

They’re both at fault. 

Blitz for asset stripping, and making money from a small community club. 

AL for mind boggling ignorance. 

1 hour ago, singe said:

I don't exempt Blitz from criticism, and he had harmed the club substantially. But re the North Stand it is mainly Lemsagagem and Barry et al.

Dross. As are you reasoning in another thread i've replied to. Blitz is the main culprit due to the syphoning of assets and wanting the last shred's of profit possible. Once he's had his last pound of flesh, we will move on. Not until, if ever.

3 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

What an absolute shit of a man he is. He STILL holds all of the cards with regard to the stand and the next steps for the future of the club - we need rid of him.

In terms of the closing of the stand, there has been one man that has been key in the decision to close it. I'm not naming him because my man @Lags will be over asking for a five page essay to explain myself...

3 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

What an absolute shit of a man he is. He STILL holds all of the cards with regard to the stand and the next steps for the future of the club - we need rid of him.

In terms of the closing of the stand, there has been one man that has been key in the decision to close it. I'm not naming him because my man @Lags will be over asking for a five page essay asking me to explain myself...

Nah, a Simple sentence will do

2 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

In terms of the closing of the stand, there has been one man that has been key in the decision to close it. I'm not naming him because my man @Lags will be over asking for a five page essay to explain myself...

The Club Chaplin? 

6 hours ago, Lags said:

Dross. As are you reasoning in another thread i've replied to. Blitz is the main culprit due to the syphoning of assets and wanting the last shred's of profit possible. Once he's had his last pound of flesh, we will move on. Not until, if ever.

You're letting Lemsagam off the hook IMHO. 

Perhaps I should put my position in simpler terms. 

Blitz is fucking the club over. 

Lemsagam is fucking the fans over. 

9 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

I think you might have to write more pages, because I was told username was not real and Lags had to establish my credibility! 

Fortunately, I think you could write about 20 pages to look rove who you are! 😂

11 hours ago, Lags said:

Do you not think it says something-that so far out of the 55 votes, you are the only person you has voted for Blitz?

12 minutes ago, oafc 123 said:

Do you not think it says something-that so far out of the 55 votes, you are the only person you has voted for Blitz?

The question is specifically about the JR stand closure. However you perceive the role of Blitz in the closure, to make AL and Shitpeas blameless is beyond ridiculous. How can the opinion of anyone who voted that way have any credibility?

I have said both as both parties seem to be playing silly games to feather their own nests rather than consider the fans in the whole thing! 

Although....if I was renting a house and the boiler broke and the roof leaked is it my responsibility to fix it and finance the fix? 

12 minutes ago, super_blue said:

I have said both as both parties seem to be playing silly games to feather their own nests rather than consider the fans in the whole thing! 

Although....if I was renting a house and the boiler broke and the roof leaked is it my responsibility to fix it and finance the fix? 

Probably not but if you hadn't paid rent for 4 months and prior to that The landlord had to go to court to get previous arrears could you really blame him for not fixIng a thing?

If the stand was shut by the Council because it needed a couple of new safety doors and cctv as it has been suggested, those are quick and relatively inexpensive improvements to make

A customer thinking Owner & Board would have sorted those improvements in a couple of week at the most and got the Council to sign off the work so the Stand could be opened 

No Club update on it

No Brassbank update on it

No OEC update on it 

Supporters stuck in the middle still of the very same feuding parties as we have been for like forever 

No one cares about the fans 

47 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Probably not but if you hadn't paid rent for 4 months and prior to that The landlord had to go to court to get previous arrears could you really blame him for not fixIng a thing?

Agree.

What a mess it all is! 

5 hours ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Commercial properties I think, are sometimes full repair leases, where the renter may be liable for all maintenance subject to the signing of a schedule of condition agreement at the onset.

I’m sure someone in the property game will put me right if that’s not the case!😆

Archived